the Rift

Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

“I…I will go with you, Midas. Perhaps. Perhaps…I could met you some other time? I would go…if you would just tell me where.”
I spared a glance at the unusually unbalanced girl who had appeared and fallen silent. My compassionate smile thickened, he wanted safety and I could offer such— but only to the willing. “Come,” I said encouragingly, daring to take a step toward him and led us back into the thicket. Away from the cliff, away from his death that I really didn’t want to witness.

“You have no living family?” I inquired kindly, trying to spark a conversation with the wounded lad. Knowing that there was little to appease those who suffered the iron claw of grief, “You needn’t carry these troubles alone.”

His suffering could be understood, and even related. Once, not so long ago I also feared for a life—that of a throbbing spirit. My middle child. Had Cera passed on from this world, and Onni not come in time…our places might be flipped. It would have been me standing on the edge of a cliff, me praying for salvation as the ground kissed my body and spent this spirit flying toward the afterlife. When Norse died, a dark seedling took root; his passing was a lesson for a young heart, and thus it was a hard one for learning. It wasn’t until Cera came along to pull out said black roots that I found light again. Another death would surely crush that glow. Even imagining a world without him in it, unthinkable.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-05-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-13-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by ahi - 08-16-2013, 01:32 AM
RE: Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open) - by Midas - 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM