Look here, lonely excalibur boy:
In the woods that we shared in our very first breath
I'd see myself in you, and I'd meet you eye to eye
Only you've more than twice the noble blood I've ever had
You mutt, you lonely excalibur boy

Look here, lonely excalibur boy:
---Lonely: outcast...
+1| [rank ref] yup
0 | Being 'alone' is not synonymous with being lonely. There's nothing on his profile to suggest that he is lonely.

---Excalibur: Excalibur is a famous sword, hence unicorn...
+1| [species ref] often consider swords as unicorn yep
+1 | | Good unicorn ref.

---boy: gender...
+1| [gender ref] easy peasy
+1 | Good on gender.

In the woods that we shared in our very first breath
---Knox and Soren were both born in the Deep Woods
+1| [History ref] I wasn't prepared to grant this as a positive since this is so minor of a thing, but Soren's profile directly says born in deep woods and there's not much else to read so it was easy to find! Knox's however doesn't specify deep woods, but I'm more concerned with Soren's clues.
+1 | History

I'd see myself in you, and I'd meet you eye to eye
---Knox and Soren have the same color eyes (and other similarities in appearances)
0| they aren't similar enough in appearance.
0 | Normally when someone says, "I see myself in you" it's a personality reference. Also, you don't you can see yourself in someone and easily have different eye colour, and they are not that alike. Gray vs Black. Both have dapples, but unicorn vs. equine, etc

---They are both the same height and would thus meet eye to eye
+1| [height ref] was looking for someone with the same height!
+1| This is what I was thinking

Only you've more than twice the noble blood I've ever had
---Both of his parents were leads at some point and noble in personality, Knox only had one parent who was a lead and noble.
0| [relationship ref] it's not easy to glean the information of his parents being noble from his profile. With your familiarity with those characters yes, but just going off the profile I can't tell - LTs alone do not mean leads/nobility.
+1

You mutt, you lonely excalibur boy
---breed is a mutt
+1| [breed ref] yes
+1

GAUCHO stole CONFUTATIS xx

Car for sale! She's a real beaut! A steal of a deal, a one of a kind! Just needs a good wash to make her faded sable body shine! Don't miss this opportunity folks! She ain't one of those new fangled hyrbids. I won't tell ya' about her make but what I till tell ya' is that she's got some beautiful chrome accents. Nevermind that one headlight is burned out. This one ain't got a lot of leg room though - long legged beware!

Car for sale! She's a real beaut!
Fluff
Judges only score what the thief provides as clues, so though this could have been a solid gender clue, it was provided as fluff so that's how it was judged.

A steal of a deal, a one of a kind!
Has been trying to make many stealths lately. Is a fairly one of a kind character!
0| [Stealth/Unique ref] Stealing often isn't on her profile and it could be argued all characters are one of a kind!
0| I agree with Blu; this doesn't lead to any character in particular. I personally was thinking of a hybrid until later on in your stealth.

Just needs a good wash to make her faded sable body shine!
Confutatis' coat is 'dusty black'. What do you do with dusty things? Wash them! Sable is a synonym for black, so faded black.
+1| [Color ref] Yep
+1| Synonym for black; good!

Don't miss this opportunity folks! She ain't one of those new fangled hyrbids.
Isn't a hybrid.
+1| [Species ref] True
+1| True.

I won't tell ya' about her make but what I till tell ya' is that she's got some beautiful chrome accents.
Doesn't list a breed on her profile. Silver mane and tail.
+1| [Breed/Appearance ref] This does make sense, but just as easily "make" can refer to lineage, which she has a lot of, so this clue was rather empty for me.
+1| Same point as Blu. Makes me think of lineage. I hesitated to make this -1 but it isn't really misleading, just not Specific.

Nevermind that one headlight is burned out.
Her right eye is 'pale' and useless.
+1| [Appearance ref] Perfect
+1| Another great appearance ref!

This one ain't got a lot of leg room though - long legged beware!
Confutatis' describes her stature as 'close-coupled'. When you google 'close-coupled' the first result for me is the Miriam-Webster dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/close-coupled). One of the definitions listed for 'close coupled' is of an automobile : having the space between front and rear seats restricted, therefore this 'car' wouldn't have a lot of leg room. Who would hate a car with lacking leg room? Those with long legs!
+1| [Build ref] I would have never thought to google close-coupled, I was looking at more of a short character, as in height, and in the back of my mind, short backed (which does fit your clue!)
0| The jump from close-coupled to leg room via googling it doesn't lead to this clue very well. Confutatis is indeed close-coupled, but it just takes a lot to get to the bottom of this clue.

THRANDUIL stole HISTE'S GLASS HORN xx

Black ribbon wraps around a dark tree trunk,
No need to let your temper get a hold of you,
Let’s not get caught up in that madness.
What will you do instead though miss?
Without crown or feather, what is left of you.

Black ribbon wraps around a dark tree trunk,
Appearance Ref:: Black brindle wraps around her dark bay body.
+1 | Nice clue.
+1| I was looking for something like this.

No need to let your temper get a hold of you,
Personality Ref:: Profile calls her tempermental, angry "Her temper constantly simmers"
+1 | yep
+1| Yup

Let’s not get caught up in that madness.
Personality Ref:: Considered mad because she hears voices
+1 | Great
+1| Good

What will you do instead though miss?
Gender Ref:: Female
+1 | Yep
+1| Clear enough

Without crown or feather, what is left of you.
Race Ref:: crown=unicorn, feather=pegasus, so all that's left is an equine.
+1 | Yep, I think everyone got this!
+1| Got this one.

Messages In This Thread
A Stealth Guide and Examples - by Official - 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: A Stealth Guide and Examples - by Official - 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: A Stealth Guide and Examples - by Official - 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM