Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

It was time. Time to get moving again. Time to bring the Foothills out of the stagnation they had fallen in to and bring them to some sort of glory. It was time for change. Ktulu could no longer live in her own little dream world that the Grey could make it without having any alliances. Despite her dislike, the herd would have to change. No longer could they afford to be completely unbiased with hopes that no one would band together against them. Her thoughts continued as she strolled through her home under the moonlight. The Basin contract would be their last contract as unbiased mercenaries.

The Constrictor came to a standstill in the heart of the Foothills, light from their beacon washing over her dark form. "Residents of the Foothills, come forth!" She called loudly. "There is much for us to discuss in this time of darkness and stagnation." As her voice echoed over the land she fell into silence, her ears tilted forward as she listened. The two previous herd meetings had been called to order by Ophelia. Beside her Ranjiri stood, stretching her small wings and looking around at the horses gathering at her mother's call. Eytan, however, was no where to be seen for the bear had run forth at Ktulu's request to gather those who either had not heard her or were lingering back, away from her.

"First and foremost." She began when a majority of the herd had gathered. "I would like everyone to welcome Apollo as our new Chief. He will be taking Ophelia's place and oversee our spies and diplomacy." Red eyes glanced toward the dark stallion before sweeping out over the crowd again. "Secondly, we have lost our mason, Peixos. His position will need to be filled immediately so that defensive construction can commence once our world is restored to its original glory. Anyone interested should speak up." She paused only momentarily before continuing on. "Anyone interested in the art of battle should speak to myself or Archibald and anyone interested in spying or diplomacy should speak to Apollo. I also request that everyone frequent the Threshold. Its time we brought new blood into our land and brought the Grey back to life." Here, she lapsed into silence again to allow Apollo to say his first words as Chief of the Foothills.

ooc://
- Posting Order is a lie.
- This thread is mandatory, anyone who hasn't posted by August 19th will be removed from the Foothills.
- Feel free to use Eytan as a guide to the meeting in your posts

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

My heart ached with an sadness I had been certain I'd never have to feel again. I had been wrong, however, and as I stood facing the gently churning waterfall, I found that I didn't know what to do. Ophelia, the pale hybrid who had come to be an earthly mother figure to me, had left. She claimed that being a sell-sword wasn't the way she wanted to live anymore, and while I understood the reason why she had left, I couldn't come to terms with the simple fact that she was no longer in the lands I had come to call home. I had loved her, trusted her to always be here for me, and now she was gone.

Even Roskuld, my rambunctious sister who shared in common with me a divine lineage, had run away from me crying the first night the sun had not risen. Hototo had left, though I knew he had done so to tend to the lands while our parents were absent, and even Knox had become a rare sight. The thought of them all caused my chest to tighten quite painfully, and staring down into the lit waters, I fought to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. No, I wouldn't cry, I had become stronger than this; I had helped to take down that monster in the Heavenly Fields, struck the last blow to bring the beast down. I was a hero, but I felt the victim.

Before my mind could suck me down even more, a call caught in my ears, one that I wasn't familiar with. Ophelia's usually jovial tones were what I wanted to hear, but despite it being somebody else, the call demanded to be answered and I knew it must be important. With a heavy sigh that stretched my barrel, I willed my magic to wrap me in its gentle frills of darkness and take me to the lone Chieftess of the Foothills, Ktulu.

There was a whirlwind as I arrived, my form slowly taking shape as the darkness ungripped me and allowed me to stand alone, my lighted sides standing out against the darkness that still consumed the land despite my Mother's stars in the sky above. Looking to Ktulu, I saw that she wasn't alone, a young filly at her side whom I granted a gentle smile to, before my gaze returned to the Constrictor as she spoke.

Much to my surprise, the only remaining soul of the Foothills that I knew had been promoted. Apollo, the painted medic who had come to my side at the beginning of this eternal night, had been named the new Chief! Surprise sparked in my eyes, a stark contrast to my previously melancholy expression, but I was happy; I didn't know the Medic, err, Chief... as well as I would like, but I knew he deserved it. He was level-headed and willing to do anything for his herdmates, and I looked forward to seeing how he would handle his new position. I would be certain to personally congratulate him when I found him alone next.

From the sound of it, many ranks had recently opened up. I'd thought of what I might pursue some day within the herd if the opportunity ever arose many times, but had had a difficult time deciding on one. The idea of creating things of stone sounded useful, but I couldn't see myself doing it. I wanted to officially learn the art of battle some day, but I still had skin to grow into, and would wait until Orangemoon to seek Archibald out and request a training session with him. That left two options; healing and spying. The first I had intended to learn no matter what, but if I decided on the latter, I could put my magic to well-intended use and perhaps help prevent an attack on the herd.

"Apollo, Sir," I spoke up then, meeting the new Chief's honey-brown gaze, "I would like to seek the position of a spy, if you would have me."

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
flame stock: Mr.Thomas @ flickr.com
Soren

Soren’s dark hooves shuffled into motion quickly; his sister called from somewhere in the heart of the herd land, her strong voice echoing across long miles. No compulsion to avoid her summons slowed his feet; youth bled from his frame with the slow movement of the seasons, and as he gathered age he felt an itching in his bones. He could not sit idly by forever – felt compelled to find a purpose soon, or else go lonely and directionless.

Rather than pollute the air with unnecessary speech, Soren arrived quietly and stood in patience while his sister addressed the crowd. His attention quickly fell toward the dark stallion at her side, however; this Apollo was not someone Soren knew very well, but if his sister trusted the stallion, he was likely very worthy, indeed. If Apollo was to be the diplomatic side of things in Ophelia’s place, of course, it was in Soren’s interest to remedy his lack of knowledge on the stallion as quickly as possible. He inched very slightly nearer as Apollo spoke, his attention fixed on the new lead and only wavering every now and then to Ranjiri, to whom he would offer some form of hello were it any other occasion. She had a spot of honor near her mother, though, and he hardly wished to make a fool of himself by approaching. Best to stay back with the other nobodies for now; he had a lot of worth to prove if he wanted the attention Ktulu well deserved.

Only when the leads had finished speaking did Soren raise his head to answer. “I know I am still young,” he called out, eyes fixed on Apollo, “but I will do my best to help the Grey. I would be honored to take up any diplomatic tasks.” His ears twitched only slightly as he said it, waiting for the look of someone, somewhere, feeling disdain at his cowardice. He was ready with a look of derision all his own, of course; it wasn’t cowardice that held him back but the acute knowledge that he was still young, still growing, and overall much better accustomed to speaking than fighting. The idea of crushing his body against someone else was hardly appealing; he was certain he could better aid the Grey in other ways.

you're fireproof
nothing breaks your heart

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
He hadn't been far when the Constrictor's call had echoed through the land, summong all who would hear it. A shiver of nerves danced down the stallion's spine, knowing what this meant; Ktulu was calling a herd meeting... And in it, she would announce the changes that had happened to the Grey. It was something that needed to be done, Apollo knew, but he could do nothing to stop the nerves from jittering through his bones. No longer was he a medic, but a Chief, and a part of him feared that the other members of the Grey would not take kindly to his new role in leadership.

Still, as Ktulu called, he would go.

Moving through the plains of the Foothills, paced a quick walk, it didn't take terribly long for Apollo to spot his dark lady. No matter if they both lead the Grey now; Ktulu would always be that to him. Perhaps he wouldn't say that out loud, but... Stepping up beside the Constrictor, Apollo dipped his head in an acknowledging nod. He took in a deep breath to settle and brace himself, and then waited for everyone to show.

One by one they came, and it was then that Ktulu made the announcement of his new place within the herd. He stared across the many faces of the Grey, wondering what they thought of it all; were they happy? Confused? Disgusted? Angered? So many thoughts ran rampant through his head, but Apollo knew he needed to focus. Inhaling another breath, he waited for Ktulu to finish before speaking. The Constrictor had already done a good job summing up everything that needed to be adressed, which left his speaking at a minimum.

"I'm very honored to be given this chance," Apollo began, dipping his head once more in a thankful gesture to Ktulu, "And I will do all that I can for the Grey and try to prove my worth. I have spoken to Ktulu about this already, and I agree she brings up a viable point in frequenting the Threshold. There could be threats lurking that we are unaware of, stalking our borders, looking to take the Foothills from us. I would like to send our spies out there to investigate, learn of any going-on's that we might not be aware of." He paused, glanced to Ktulu, and then out to the members of the Grey once more.

"I was recently in the Threshold myself, and I obtained knowledge of a new band that has formed in the outlands. They call themelves the "Asylum". I don't know if they're a threat to us in any way, but it may serve us well to keep an eye on them. If anyone else has heard of this group, or know of anything else that we should be aware of, please... Speak up."

Not knowing what else to say, Apollo grew silent to allow his and Ktulu's words to soak in. It wasn't long until others began to speak, and Apollo realized with a start that some of them were speaking to him. How long would it be until he grew used to this?

Mesec, the moon-son, was first to speak up, and Apollo offered the young demi-God a smile. He knew, that with Ophelia's departure, as well as the young Roskuld's strange and rather abrupt choice to leave the Foothills, Mesec was probably hurting and lonely, for they had been family. Perhaps he could steal a few moments with the youngster later, to simply talk. The yearling showed interest in becoming a spy, and Apollo smiled, nodding his head. With his abilities, surely Mesec could be a very valuable asset to the spy ranks.

Then, a young colt who Apollo truly didn't recognize spoke, yearning to become a diplomat. The overo appreciated his modesty.

"Thank you, both of you. Mesec, you shall become a spy, and you shall become a diplomat, young one..." He paused and chuckled warmly, finding himself relaxing more despite his previous nervousness. Growing silent once more, Apollo waited for more to speak and share their interests.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Snowy crown rose from a similarly painted canvas, plum eyes watching as a brown bear came racing towards them. Their eyes connected, and Aodaun realized they were being summoned. Giving a soft huff of sound in reply, he watched Eytan speed off once again. Looking down at the sleeping fae curled up in the dryest patch of soil they could find, the winter prince was conflicted. Lakota was exhausted from tracking Hestia and Tingal for Hotaru, not to mention her night terrors had always been a problem for her. This was the first night she’d slept without them, and also the first night she’d slept decently at all, for it was the first night since she’d returned. He was desperate not to awaken her, to let her recover, but he knew she’d only be upset if she awoke to realize she had ignored Ktulu’s summons. Aodaun knew that Lakota would give everything she had an more for the Grey, sleep wouldn’t come close to her beloved family in level of importance. Sighing out, the ivory bear shuffled to her face and began gently nosing and nuzzling her, whining softly and reaching through their bond to gently rouse her from Morpheus’ arms. Exhausted mulberry irises flickered open from beneath a crown of raven feather lashes. Snuffling softly she turned her head towards her Prince, who relayed what he’d seen mentally, making her sigh and hang her head. With a soft groan she lifted her body from the ground, stumbling a little with how tired she was.

Little brat had better thank her for this later.

Turning, she let Ao lead the way towards the meeting, using the time alone to yawn and shake herself and overall get the weakness hidden away before she was seen by the other Grey members. Her form was slowly filling back out after her walk with Ktulu, coat gleaming healthily once more. Her ribs and hips were no longer prominent, and the hollowness of her cheeks had completely disappeared. She’d been reassured that day that people did care, that wasting away was helping nobody even if it was originally intended to punish solely herself. Of course, Lakota had always been naturally skinny due to her breed and body type, but she no longer looked like a walking skeleton. The Poisoner had tried hard to reassure her Chieftess that she was still someone who could be relied on, and she was finally happy with her progress.

Yawning one last time before exiting the cover of trees, she strode on lean pillars like a sleek panther across the clearing, crown high and intense violet eyes calmly surveying those who were trickling in. Ao, too, changed his disposition as they entered the fray- mighty paws sure against the earth, measured instead of tumbling over them, head high and gaze straight as he kept pace with Lakota. Together the Princess of shadow and the Prince of winter claimed the spot they desired and turned their faces in perfect unison to the dark chocolate cherry Chieftess that stood in their midst. Lakota’s eyes widened in appreciation and delighted surprise when her fellow Medic was promoted to Chief, only to soften in delight as he stepped up beside Ktulu. He was a good choice. The Poisoner knew Apollo well from working in such close quarters with him, and his previous enamoured state with Phaedra, and she was glad Ktulu had seen the gem hiding behind his calm demeanor and chosen him.

Hail Apollo, Chief of the Foothills. Her voice rang out strong and sure in the quiet that followed, uncaring if others mocked her for something that had long been tradition in her previous homeland. Then, turning to Apollo she gave a tiny quirk of her lips, plum eyes playful. It’s about time, Polly. I’m proud of you. Spoken in a quieter tone, it was meant only for Apollo, and she spared a moment to show just how true her words were with her expression before turning to hear Ktulu’s ensuing announcements.

Nothing truly applied to her, for though she was a Warrior at heart, she would support her herd with her knowledge in poisons and remedies. That and she was far too abrasive and hateful to be part of the Intelligence branch. At first glance you normally caught onto the darkness inside her. At first, she was content with saying nothing. But, looking around, she gave a soft sigh and took a step forward, hoping the movement would catch someone’s eye. If you think we are facing a possible threat, Apollo, then our patrols should be strengthened in the South and West, correct? She was giving the both of them a lead, a starting point, a place to expand. Lakota was not going to order people around when it wasn’t her job. And if that’s the case, then I will host a series of small training sessions to familiarize the Grey with both healing and poisonous plants. If there is interest. Flicking her obsidian harks she stepped back once more, visage still the undisturbed calm it always was, a lake’s surface on a windless, moonless night.

LAKOTA& Aodaun
i find it so funny to hear how much they hate; they try to push me to the ground then say they love me to my f a c e

image credits
table by whit

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
I hope it rains on you
Maybe a little bit of lightning too.
</style>

All of this, the delicate spy took in from her silent position within the trees.

Mesec, you shall become a spy

A dark smile twisted upon her soft muzzle, as shadows loving enveloped her form, as if jealous of the innate light her body now held. Is that all it takes to become a spy these days? She thought cruelly. When she had joined, she had stolen a valuable amulet as proof of both her skill and dedication. Since then, she had stolen many valuable assets that had led and aided the Gray to get where they are now.

But oh yes. If the demi-god wants to become a spy, why the fuck not.

But really, what did it matter. Now that Ophelia was gone, it seemed that almost everyone wanted to try their hands at being a spy and stealing - albeit they did it well but...

But really, Phaedra was upset that her position wasn't being taken seriously. She was the head of her class, and the fact that Irry and Lakota simply stepped in, ruffled her feathers.

Biting her lip, the golden girl stepped forward into the light, dropped her veil of magic so that her presence could be easily heard as she moved towards the group

Towards her family (Is that what we are?)

"Why sugar." She chimed, a beaming smile upon her pink lips as she looked to Apollo. "How wonderful." This is what it was to be a spy - to so perfectly disguise your try thoughts, even amongst your own. Her wings fluttered lightly at her sides as he mentioned the Asylum; how does he know?

Chiming a silvery laugh, Phaedra stepped forward even more, as bits of stardust sprinkled down from her mane and wings. "It seems Apollo here has beaten me to the punch. I too know of this group - It seems they are led by a rather oddly patterned mare, and what's more, they know about us. They know of our contract with the Basin, and seek to gain alliances of their own."

We have let our guard down, she wanted to say, but instead let an impassive gaze rest upon Apollo, former herdmate and now Chief. Her dear sweet Apollo, whom she had almost perished with so long ago on the beach. Was he truly the same? Could she follow him, now that Ktulu placed him at the top of her tier?

Time would tell.

[Information gained, as per Frostie's approval at Phae spying in their thread :3 ]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

I had been rather... absent of late. Mostly, I was sick and tired of watching Hotaru meet half-tigers and whisper lovely greetings to one another. I also, obviously, just wanted to get out and see the world. It wasn't like Hotaru was driving me away from her while she changed. Anyways, why was it so surprising I wanted to learn about the world? I may be gorgeous, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb and need someone to protect me. So walk I had, all over, 'till my hooves were sore and I was sick of seeing ugly, ugly, incredibly common trees. Luckily I didn't find my prince charming- there was such poor lighting on my pretty golden coat! It made me look yellow (in that nasty sickly shade) and washed-out. Ugh, I simply shudder to remember it.

But the spotty prince I had met, him, he hadn't come back to the Foothills. Sigh. So unfortunate! That pretty white coat and luxurious Friesian looks was handsome, even if he hadn't been the... sharpest knife in the drawer. And he was a teensy bit old for me, too. Yet my own mother had once used to hit on stallions of all ages (it was her who I learned from, she being the expert and all at all things flirtatious) so I'm sure I could marry off to whomever and whoever old I wanted to; but I don't intend to marry for a long time. Flirting and having flings sounded much more attractive then getting old and wrinkly with someone else. It left me much more free.

I made my delicate way over the rocky earth, hooves clattering on hard soil and dusty rocks, lips curled ever-so-slightly. My silver, silk tail flicked, rippling like a shiny new banner, and I tossed my head, re-arranging the waves of cream resting on my elegant neck. I curled my neck ever so slightly, rounding my frame, sashaying my way over to my mother and the assorted company. As I had been practicing, I did my best to emanate a distinct presence, the head-turning one that made the stallions' eyes widen and even the mares' mouths would hang open in awe of me. Carefully standing to make sure I looked the best I could- even with the ghastly green light glinting off my flanks, which was incredibly unfortunate, since I looked simply so much better under moonlight or late evening night- I listened politely to Ktulu and Apollo. Instantly, I sized Apollo up. I couldn't recall ever actually really meeting him, but the Constrictor would never choose anyone less than the best for the job. Still, it was so difficult to believe Ophelia had just left us.

My eyes drifted away from the vaguely familiar black-and-white paint to someone else. A special someone else. I couldn't remember ever having seen him before- and trust me, I would have remembered that particular meeting. Okay, he was a little awkward and gangly, the sort of boy at odds with his body growing too fast. Still, I could see a hint of dappling on his rich ebony flanks, and blue eyes. Ohmygods. Sparkling sky blue eyes! How adorable! Okay, so he kind of ruined his charm when he offered himself to become some sort of diplomat. I wouldn't mind meeting a bad boy, someone who would lead me away on spectacular adventures and protect me from dragons. Still, I would have to check him out in better detail after the herd meeting.

I drifted closer to my mother's flank, still keeping my eyes on the sweet sigh of boy. Hopefully soon-to-be-not-bachelor boy. Then I shake off the distraction with a twitch of my pretty little ears, glancing towards Phaedra. I wasn't sure where Hotaru was (something burned in my stomach at the thought of my twin) but I was here now with mother and Stella. "I'm willing to learn the ways of a spy," I smile docilely, for all the world looking like an innocent little girl. For most of these fine grown-ups, I probably was. I shoot a smirk towards the handsome gray colt, fluttering my eyelashes ever so slightly.

I could take you places, boyyyy.

Image Credits

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.

CIRCE

And so, with the birth of a new season of hope, the fireflies that adorned their faithful mistress finally fell to ground and died.

Circe was shocked with her emotion at their passing. It was true that they had healed her heart in many ways and she was eager to be independent of their brand of morphine-- and yet the shadowmere felt as though she lost an old friend as she gazed upon their tiny remains. Suppose it was silly to mourn the deaths of mere insects; Circe didn’t think as much. With abnormally delicate movements, Circe created a tiny burial mound for the fireflies, enshrouding the tiny insects with dirt, mud, and bits of loam that littered the melting ground. There she placed a stone, whitewashed with age, to mark their resting place. Her gaze lingered there for some time; the breeze whistled in her mane, the stars twinkled above, and the bugle sounded for a meeting in the distance, in her homeland. With a soft snort, Circe let one last look fall softly upon the fireflies’ grave; she tore her eyes away after some time, making her swift, silent way across the border of her homeland, into the heart of the Foothills where her family needed her.

And so she arrived, and the vista the shadowmere was met with was somewhat curious to her eye; she was met with the declaration of a new chief in their midst. In truth, Circe’s own regard for Apollo’s appointment was a reserved one; she knew the painted boy surely, though not as well as she would’ve wished. He didn’t control where her sword would pierce and whom her magic would punish; that power lie with Ktulu and Archibald only. However, he was still sovereign, and still demanded the same respect Ophelia once provoked from Circe’s heart.

As the Pale Lady came into mind, Circe washed her painful, twisted memory away with a snort and a wry thought: I wonder how I should address our new Chief? Mine Piebald Lord, perhaps? What a nice ring.

She listened to her brothers and sisters speak of varying items; of their desires for rank, of danger that lurked outside their borders. There was a new one to beware; the Asylum, they called themselves? Circe’s eyes became lidded with a mocking swagger, her mind casting back to the last “threat” that loomed across the outcast lands—the adorable little club that called themselves Assassins. I wonder where they go now? Circe thought idly, her tail flicking absentmindedly as the gathering trudged on.

“I would be interesting in learning the ways of twisted medicine, Lakota,” Circe said, her eyes finding the mare who had invited the shadowmere in origin to join the ranks of this depraved family of hers. The thought caused her raw, achy heart to clench; such was the lingering symptom of the darkness of Frostfall. Still, the springtime was a new awakening for the sorceress, a chance for her to build back her weakened, shriveled heart—and with this new awakening sprung forth a passion that whispered dire warnings in her ear. “My family,” she started, looking from the eyes of her Dark Lady into the kind ones of Apollo, and from thence to every soul assembled, young and old, “I do not wish to see us broken by blight. We’ve…been hit hard with the loss of family members, I know this. But I would not have us scattered as leaves and dust in the wind.” Her eyes hardened somewhat as she considered the rest of the herd. Her herd. “I swore to protect the backs of my countrymen when I joined these ranks. I trust you to do the same for me.”

Image Credit

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Solace heard the voice calling the members of the Foothill. He slowly approached where he saw the group. It was an odd feeling to be amongst so many others, it was still a foreign feeling to be involved in a herd. He listened silently to the Ktulu as she spoke, and then his eyes turned to Apollo at the mentioning of him being promoted. He watched the other stallion for a long moment before turning his gaze away toward the group. He moved his eyes slowly over the other herd members around him. Amongst them Solace felt like a stranger, he knew none of the others names.

He decided for the time being he would just watch. What else could he do? There was nothing he could contribute to the conversation. He could’ve mentioned the Asylum since he himself encountered their leaders, but decided against it since the others seemed to know more about them. Hearing more about them seemed to have assured his earlier suspicions and wariness of the two mares. It also reinforced the fact he had made a wise decisions to reject their offer of joining them.

He glanced around as if waiting for someone else to speak before he himself decided now would be the time to speak. “I am a new recruit to your herd, my name is Solace… But I would like to express my interest in the art of battle. My skills I am sure aren’t the greatest but I am more than willing to learn at the pace you set for me.” He had a tone of respect and silently prayed that he did not speak up in a wrong fashion.

He knew that speaking up would cause the chance of more than his desired amount of attention falling upon him. Hopefully this would be one of the few times he had to speak up in front of the herd, or at least he hoped when he had to do so in the future that he would feel more at ease because inside he hoped that this place would feel like hope, and perhaps this herd would be a family to him. Afterall, if one were to be fighting amongst these other equines a sense of trust had to form. It was time for Solace to try and break his solitary habits and adjust to life amongst other creatures and not being his own leader. Of course, respecting a leader was no struggle for him, nor was taking orders. The only struggle would learning to be dependent upon others to help him. The idea unnerved him a bit. Slowly his eyes took one last sweep of the group around him before drifting his toward the chieftess and chief.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Hotaru was pissed.

Raeden’s flashy coloring betrayed her, she may have only lurked for a few moments while she had been weak in Tingal’s presence upon his return, but there was no hiding her trespassing. After all this time, simply missing, she dared to show her face with that sneer and mocking expression? Hotaru had suffered in silence and solitude, daring to miss and long for her arrogant twin! She had grown so much stronger, developed a personality of her own, finally set her hooves upon the path she was determined to tread. And instead of returning at a proper time, in a respectable circumstance, her twin dared to spy upon one of her most intimate moments, one of the few hours when she was weak? Like hell Hotaru was going to be considered weak! Not after all she had suffered, and definitely not after all the hell she’d gone through because of her twin’s arrogance and need for control! Ru regretted ever wishing her twin would reappear from her terrifyingly sudden and unexplainable absence. She regretted ever thinking Raeden would feel anything akin to guilt for leaving her and Phaedra on their own, for making them all worry. She would never change. Hotaru was a fool to think she ever would.

So when a dark chocolate head poked from the bushes curiously, Hotaru was quick to respond to the call of her leaders. Ophelia’s departure had hurt her soul, the beautiful and intelligent mare an idol, a role model. Hotaru desired only to have the snowy soul’s beauty and grace, and her twin’s strength and passion. She also felt a great deal of respect, not only because the Forsaken had once been her Queen, but because she’d had the strength to go her own path, to leave her twin when it was her time. Hotaru missed her, and it was finally time to make her decision. this meeting would define the rest of her life.

Storming into the meeting, hair a beautiful wind-tossed mess, horn tall and shining proud in the moonlight, she bared both eyes to the world in an act she had never done. She was no longer going to hide from who she was. Let them judge her. Let them stare. They were nothing to her, had never been anything to her. Not even her own family had been there for her in the time she’d been alive, from birth to the very moment she was experiencing that second. Standing on the outskirts, facing out towards the crowd at Ktulu’s side, even if she was a good few lengths away, her expression was turned to stone, she listens to what must be said. There is a fierce pride in her chest when her dear Apollo is promoted to Chief. He deserves it. Normally Hotaru would declare that her mother would rise to the position. Phaedra is the best spy they have, even from the standpoint of a normal citizen and not her daughter. But Hotaru knew Phaedra could never lead. She couldn’t inspire, control. There was more to leading the Intelligence class than being the top of it. Then again, she’d never been very close with her mother.

Her eyes, finally free for all to see- and wow wasn’t that a strange feeling?- locked onto Raeden, and narrowed into the fiercest, coldest expression she could muster. Hotaru was tired of being her slave, of being mocked and bullied. Today was the end of that, and the beginning of a new life independent from her twin. So she stepped forward, frame held high and proud for the first time in her life, white fire in her eyes as her beloved Goddess smiled down on her, supporting her every step, giving her strength. Hotaru liked to think she was like her. Easily forgotten, guiding others silently, yet with a power over so much more than they could imagine. Curving her body in the same feline, graceful fashion of her family, something she had never used, she turned her back on Rae to face Apollo. Facing him seriously, quiet for many long moments. “You deserve to stand there, Apollo. Let the fire in your heart always burn fiercely. Let the calm inside your mind lead the Foothills well. You are a born leader.” Next her eyes turned to Ktulu, the serious calm of her face unbroken despite the warmth and gratitude within her eyes as she gazed at the deep bloody woman. “You gave me and my family a home. I will not spit at your feet. Someday I hope to have your strength, Chieftess. Let the blood flow hot, and show no mercy to those who scorn you.” Quietly she turned away, everything about her movement silent. Hooves made no sound upon the slick earth. She was a ghost, a bird ready to take flight, ethereal.

A sad, sad smile drew upon her face as she turned to greet Mesec’s solemn gaze. He had already lost so much. Roskuld, Ophelia, Hototo. Could she truly add herself to that list? Would he miss her, as she would miss him? The way Raeden gazed so intimately at him disturbed and disgusted her, but she could not protect Mesec. He could do so on his own. If he made the mistake of becoming entangled in her twin’s disastrous, repulsive web, Hotaru could not change his mind nor actions. Only hope that the strength she’d seen in his spirit when they’d first met would hold him strong, and keep him far away from Raeden’s influence. Hotaru had seen what Phaedra had done to good souls like Apollo, she did not want the same end for her best friend, for someone who had just as good and kind of a soul. She did not want to see Mesec ruined and heartbroken. The Moon child deserved better.

Was it obvious now, what she was doing? Did her family feel a clenching inside them? Did they even know her well enough to be able to tell what she was planning?

Would they miss her?

Taru stopped directly before Mesec, her eyes sad, a weak smile on her lips. “You are my best friend, Mesec. I don’t want to abandon you. I wish I could stay, Mesec,” she whispered, lyrics strained and eyes suddenly moist with the need to cry. Her voice choked up. “There are people here who hate me, Mesec. I can’t stay here without...without...” Even the thought of what she wanted to say broke her into silence, and she had to breathe sharply and swallow the lump in her throat before she could continue. Her voice was soft, quiet. Those who were close could likely hear every word, but it was not meant for all those gathered. It was a soft, solemn confession meant only for the quiet colt’s ears. In a bitterly amused way she wondered if she was making him uncomfortable with all this attention, all these heartfelt words. Most likely. Hopefully he would understand that she was only doing it because she couldn’t just...leave, and leave all these things unsaid. “I love you, Mesec, you are my heart brother, even if we have no blood between us. You can always find me, I will always be there for you, you dork,” and if her voice cracked on those last two words, who could blame her?

Reaching forward she pressed their muzzles together briefly, and then stepped close so that their chests barely brushed, drawing her cheek across his shoulder. Taking in his scent, his warmth, before slowly withdrawing. As she did her eyes cut over to where Raeden was sending flirtatious eyes at him, and a snarl broke over her features, a silent warning to not mess with her best friend, or she would do even worse things to her sister than abandon and disown her. Perhaps she was disowning herself...

Retreating from Mesec as quickly as she could without ruining her composure- she could not bask in his presence any longer without crying- she turned to the only one who’d been there night and day for her. Lakota knew what she was doing, Taru could see it in her eyes, and there was a heartbroken look inside her eyes, unable to be hidden by her calm, icy features. Pearly pink fae moved forth and pale muzzle met dark. Lakota gave a soft huff, and her eyes shut, and the hitch in her breath betrayed her to Hotaru. She wanted to cry too. “Be safe, brat,” Lakota whimpered softly, meant for her ears only. “I will Auntie. Thank you for everything. I love you.” That was all that needed to be said, but the soft, sad whine that came from Aodaun broke her heart. He was glancing between his bonded and his charge, confusion evident in his body language. Hotaru couldn’t handle his sweet face, her aunt’s heartbroken expression that had finally taken refuge in more than her eyes.

But she had two more people to face, and she whirled upon her family. The one she’d never been able to rely on, the one she’d never trusted, loved, or felt loved in. Her tears would not be wasted on their blackened, vain souls. A horrible snarl was wedged upon her features, far worse than the one she’d cast her twin, as she finally faced the two that had never supported her. Had brought her down. “You,” she growled. “I cast you off, both of you. For never being there, for leaving me to rot. I may not sparkle every time I shake my ass at some stallion, and I may not take after her like the most vain person I have ever had the displeasure of being a twin to, but at least I’m fucking honest,” she hissed, uncaring that she was completely disrupting the herd meeting. At least she hadn’t succumbed to screaming. Words pieced harder than any strength of voice could. “I don’t know how the hell I’m related to such selfish, shallow, repugnant people. I’ll be surprised if you’ll even miss me, even care that I’m leaving.” There it was, the final bomb. She’d finally said it.

Shaking her pale locks, she turned away from them slightly. “Consider this the only goodbye you’ll get from me. I don’t expect you to be upset. I was never part of your family.” There was a whisper of sadness, of heartbreak and dejection, in her voice. She’d given up trying to make them proud, tired of being their footstool. But despite all that, she still felt a searing pain in her heart. Were the rare moments of tenderness from Raeden all a lie? Her twin was the one person she'd wanted to make proud, and she'd thought there had been love lingering hidden beneath her desire to impress Taru. It killed her to think she had been wrong all this time, that she was such a screw up even her twin didn't want her around. But she couldn't let it seem like she thought that. No, she had to be the strong person she was becoming, she had to shed those weak qualities. Even if it killed her. Quietly she turned away, and began to walk. When she’d reached the very outskirts of the meeting she turned around and gave a bright smile, completely at odds with her emotions. “Sorry for disrupting you all. I love the Grey more than anything. You are my family, and I love you. You had better stay tightly knit, because I’m going to come back someday. I’ll always be at your side in times of danger. I love you all. I'm sorry for screwing up what you wanted, miss Circe. I believe you can be a close knit family at any hour, because I'm a member of it. I will always be Grey inside. Auntie? Ktulu? Apollo? Mesec?” She turned her head to all three of them in turn, and gave a soft, beautiful smile. “I’ll miss you most of all.” Casting her eyes at her renounced family, her expression turned to ice. Then she looked out at all those she had never been able to bond with on a personal level, and stood tall, powerful. Changed. Don't let them see the tears behind your eyes. Don't let them see the shattered pieces of your soul. Even if you let them look they'd never care enough to want to piece you back together. All that's left...is to pack up and move on, keep your shards of heart in a crystal jar and hope that somebody along the road will love you enough to want to save you from your hell. Don't let them see how badly this hurts you. “I swear on my Goddess as she looks down on us- when I return, and I will, I will be far stronger. Only then will I be able to wear the Grey name proudly. You will always be my home. I will always come back to you.” With that last, solemn vow, Hotaru turned and strode into the dark forest that surrounded the Grey, that made up the Foothills, that had been her home for a majority of her life. She didn’t let them see her break into a run, and she didn’t let the tears fall until she made it past the borders.

Hotaru
you never know the power of yourself, until that is all you have left to rely upon</style>

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
       Unique

I follow Hotaru everywhere now, barely leaving her side. I kept her in my sights, making sure she never strayed far. After our emotional little reunion, I was desperate to stay with her. I didn't want to lose her again. I kept my strides long, keeping Hotaru in my green gaze. My striped body remained beside Hotaru's dual colored one, never straying far. My steps were matched to Hotaru's as we strode to the meeting. I had heard the leader call out to the Grey, Taru apparently knowing as well.

Hotaru arrived before me, for I stopped to look at the starry sky. I realized I had allowed her to leave my side, and I hurried back to her. My large body loomed beside Ru's, my eyes sweeping over the crowd. I spotted Ru's evil sister, who had been rude to me, and I had been tempted to tear her apart. She was a little brat last I had seen her. Ru began talking, and I suddenly realized as she addressed horses in the group. Looking at her, I felt pain in my breast, a sudden drop. I knew what she was planning, I could sense it.

We reached a little black colt who Ru addressed as Mesec. She spoke, but her words bubbled into tears she fought hold back. I went to touch ler shoulder, hoping to show her I was still there to support her. I stepped back, giving her space to talk with the boy until she stepped away, my eyes following her every move. I looked at Mesec, my eyes narrowed ever so slightly. He was suspicious looking colt, could I trust him? My gaze spoke as I passed Mesec. Hurt her and die.

I followed Hotaru some more as she strode to her family, swearing. Upon her swearing I widened my eyes a little. Such a young, innocent mouth shouldn't be spitting out such words! But I didn't scold her, I did to want to embarrass her, so I just stood by her side, her protector of sorts. I looked down at her as she moved along, addressing everyone this time. She spoke to the Grey, my heart sinking as I thought of what was happening. She was really leaving her home. After her lips closed, I watched her go towards the border, but I looked at Lakota, the mare who had stolen me. I wondered if I was free, and remembered she had told me to stay with Hotaru, and I had promised her I wouldn't leave her, so I hoped I was free. I started after Ru, my long legs carrying me towards her.

"Talk"
[[Tingal just following Ru. I hope he's free to go with Ru. <333 he's just standing around awkwardly ;D]
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The darkness still persisted, though at least the arrival of spring had chased the chill from the air. It was impossible to tell if they faced night or day, standing beneath the bright face of the moon as the light of the pond washed over their backs, their faces looking eagerly toward their dark Chieftess to hear her words. The stars were spread thinly across the black canvas overhead, and though they provided little light, it was much better than the incapacitating shadow they had been stuck beneath for many weeks. At least some hope had been restored to them, but would it last? The herd had still been slow to make arrangements, gradually pulling themselves from the rut of stagnation that they had been burrowed in for months; perhaps the return of light would enliven their ranks.

Murdock had been rallied to the pond’s side by Ktulu’s call, heeding her request to gather with the rest of his herd-mates to hear her words. Fortunately, this time they had not been gathered to bid farewell to another of their beloved leaders, but rather to welcome a new one to their midst. Apollo was someone the Executioner had never had the opportunity to get to know, but he respected him all the same. If their Chieftess found him deserving of such a weighted title, than he must be the right man for the job. The question that burned in the back of Murdock’s mind, however, was about Ophelia. She had branched off from the group, left to make her own way in the world. But, where had she gone? What was life like outside the protective walls of the Foothills?

He listened intently to the many voices of those gathered, each expressing their well-wishes for the new Chief or offering themselves up as diplomats, spies or whatever else caught their fancy. What really drew his attention, however, was the mention of a new threat. As a defender of the herd lands and those who lived within it, it was his duty to be aware of any potential dangers. This new group, the “Asylum” as they called themselves, sounded like bad news of course, but time would tell what this meant for the Foothills. Would this band of outcasts step up into the place of the Assassins? Would many more sleepless nights be spent wandering the borders in waiting for an unorganized group of directionless youth to come storming in through the night?

The fact that this group was aware of the Grey’s contract with the Basin was perhaps the most worrisome, though who could tell how they planned to use that knowledge. With new directions in place for the herd and more authority to enforce movement, they would soon be building up their forces once more so that they could not be caught defenseless. But, could they move quick enough? Murdock had faith in his family, and he trusted that any threats that came their way could be dealt with. The new hope that had been offered was inspiring, but who knew if that would last. Regardless, the Foothills was back in action and this “Asylum” wasn’t going to slow them down.

"talk talk talk"

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

How long would this darkness last? It seemed like eternity since the sun last rose over the horizon, spreading its warm glow over the lands and bringing to life the land and all it's bounty. This darkness was unbearable. Her love of the blood red sunsets and pale links of dawn made the endless night frustrating and the shadows toyed with her mind. Everywhere her steely gaze looked, she saw movements; ebony figures that swam through the trees and shifted from view whenever she peered through the gloom. It made her nervous, and it did not help that she knew little about the land she was now a part of. She had run from a place of torment, only to be drowned under a blanket of navy. Only the stars were her solace now, but even they appeared more as menacing eyes than friendly lights to the mare. She did not like this place, and yet she did not leave. There was nowhere for her to run.

Apollo had introduced her to the Grey, adopting her into his home. She only hoped she had made the right decision. The peppy filly and the beauty of the Pegasus still lurked in the back of her mind, but she knew it mattered little where she had chosen. The darkness was a curse that plagued all of Helovia.

She wandered alone, her body attracted by the occasional spot lamps that provided the only light beside the moon and stars. Her long ivory feathers trailed in the dirt behind her, and her dappled grey pelt reflected the lamplight with a pale orange glow, giving the muscular draft mare an almost ethereal appearance. Wait. No. She was no ghost; phantoms were spindly, beautiful yet menacing creatures, and here she was; a lumbering, masculine and ugly creature. She rolled her eyes at herself, flicking her tail over her flanks and throwing those thoughts from her mind. It was then that the call reached her ears, and although she did not recognise the cry, something within her told her to follow it. She pressed on faster, toward the voice, her ears pricked forward as she began to trot.

Eventually, she reached a clearing. Before her, the herd was gathered with a mare in its centre. She reached the meeting just in time to be fashionably late, yet to hear her last words. It seemed this mare was in charge of the warriors and Artemis found herself arching her neck proudly from the back of the group. It was clear from her tall body that she was no spy. Her body was not built for stealth and silence. She did not speak, however. Not yet. She was not big on talking, and although confident in her abilities she was not sure how to address the mare nor any of her new companions. The mare did not care well in crowds but she cast aside her nerves, stepping forward to better integrate herself in the herd. She made a point to eye her new family carefully, scanning their forms and trying her best to understand the individuals she was now among. Lakota offered training in understanding poisonous plants, which the silver mare nodded at with a slight smile. I was something she knew nothing about, and would gladly learn. Another newcomer was also there, introducing himself to the herd and offering his body for combat. Did that mean she, too, had to speak?

She glanced between the members, ears pressing back nervously as she found Apollos face through the crowd. He was the only equine she knew and her eyes begged to know what to do. Damn it, she probably looked so weak and meagre! No, she wouldn't let herself become that sort of person. Her ears flicked up and she raised her head proudly. I was an act, and inside her heart was hammering, but she was determined not to appear weak before the family. She stepped forwards, feeling the wind brushing through her mane and causing e braid to gently brush over her crest. "My lady. My name is Artemis of the wilds. I gladly offer myself as a warrior of the Grey."

DevArt

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

Archibald moved carefully across the land, large head up and ears perked forward, alert. He made no qualm about silencing his massive hoof beats, for he was on his own territory with his own herd. Any here that wished to ambush him better be on alert, for the Warlord was not one to take attack lightly. In this state, he would bring an opponent to death without second thought. Loretta, beside him faithfully, flicked her tail to curl over her back, tongue lolling to the side of her jaws before spilling past the pearled gate of her teeth. The pair had returned to their home, their scouting trip finished, and they were ready to attend this meeting and stir the herd. They had been stagnant for too long, and the Dauntless would rouse the carnal desire for power inside of his warriors.

Stepping onto the scene, Archibald moved past the flock of species. Glancing to his left, Archibald moved to press his shoulder against Circe’s before he took rest next to Ktulu. The behemoth stayed silent as the voices echoed around him, many congratulating the new Chief. Archibald nodded his head to Apollo, regarding him with enough respect. Archibald had moved to stand with Ktulu, but Loretta had rested near Circe. The bitch stopped aside the smokey mare and laid in a sphinx-like fashion. Her amber eyes watched the herd around her, and rested on a young filly making her way around the others. She wants attention. It is good she leaves, probably weak brat. Loretta looked to her bonded, but he only looked upon her with a stoney glare. She is young and foolish. She needs time. He responded, listening as others spoke of even more outcast bands forming. The Dauntless sighed.

“In these times, we need to be on high alert. Warriors and executioners alike, each of you are to increase your patrols as well as incorporate training. I expect each of you to spar seasonally, multiple times. Do not fail me, for you will regret it. I am looking to award those of loyal heart and determined mind. Impress me,”

Archibald shifted his weight, eyes moving across those of his herdmates. “Rafe and Phaedra have travelled to the Basin to renegotiate the terms of the original contract. Instead of their machines, we wish also for their horsepower. If there is a threat, as you say there is, I assume the Basin will stand with us at arms.” Archibald looked to Phaedra, waiting for a confirmation of his assumption. He would not be pleased if the terms were not replaced.

I am a weapon powerful

beyond belief

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

Awoken in the midst sleep, Irrydae opens her golden, sleepy eyes. She scans the landscape instinctively, but not finding anything in the sea of silver. A sigh ruffles lightly from her maw. Will we ever see the light of day again? Her hope was gone. It had left her in the eternal darkness, returned when her stars had shone in the sky again, but now... what was there to hope for? She was the Storyteller- she should be instilling hope in others, not looking for her own. I am not fit to be the Storyteller. She had her doubts, feeling as if she was not mature or wise enough to fulfill her job, but she would never stop trying her hardest. Dedication is key.

Look at me, giving myself a mental pep talk.

Irrydae yawned, swiveling her head over to stare at her pool, mouth turning down into a slight frown, sadness filling her soft golden eyes. "Where are you?" She whispers softly, the gentle breeze caressing her vocals and carrying it away. The rich hues of the gems dulled by the pale moonlight, yet they still sparkle as if telling her that she can't give up either. The patrol briefly filters into her mind, only to be shoved away vigorously. She stands up nimbly, letting her wings fall at her sides and brush the cool rock of her cave. Hooves click against the ground, echoing loudly in the otherwise silent night.

Irrydae steps out into the cool, crisp air, with her senses on high alert as usual in these times. Unsure of what to do, she decides to stay home and patrol the borders. Raising her wings, she glides into the air, melding easily in with the sky of stars. Irry keeps herself keen, eyes locked on the ground as she circles the borders. Hours pass before a distant call snaps her from her concentration. 'Residents of the Foothills, come forth! There is much for us to discuss in this time of darkness and stagnation.' Ktulu. Irry then notices the slight soreness in her wings- she had not flown for quite some time and had spent quite awhile in the air.

Silently she turns, wings ruffling slightly in their strong, steady beats. Orbs lock on a dark figure and she descends from her hiding place amongst the stars and braces herself for landing. Hooves press into the soft earth and she approaches to group quietly, audits pricked forward as she listens to the Cheiftess.

'... I would like everyone to welcome Apollo as our new Chief.' Golden eyes find the unicorn stag in the darkness, and everyone says their congratulations. Irry smiles softly to the stallion, "A well deserved position, Apollo the Noble." She murmurs softly before dipping her head. Many say their part, and the Storyteller remains silent, thoughts drifting to her vacant pool. Words of a threat catch her attention, though. 'I was recently in the Threshold myself, and I obtained knowledge of a new band that has formed in the outlands. They call themelves the "Asylum". I don't know if they're a threat to us in any way, but it may serve us well to keep an eye on them. If anyone else has heard of this group, or know of anything else that we should be aware of, please... Speak up.' Irry's eyes glance over each herd member, pausing on each as he or she talks. Phaedera gushes after him quickly, confirming the new band.

And then... what was this?

Irrydae's ears flick back to a hushed voice, body turning to look at Hotaru. Sadness fills the heart of the Storyteller, realizing that she is saying her goodbyes. Her face remains a calm mask, eyes molten gold as she addresses her mother and sister. The Storyteller does not scold the filly, only feeling pity for her. She walks over slowly, pressing her maw against Hotaru's forehead. "Be safe, young one. We will await your return." Whispered words lost as she pulls away and Ru makes her way toward the forest. Eyes lock on the tiger horse and a small smile fills her lips. "Tingal. She pauses, remembering their encounter in the Fields. "Take care of her." She finishes with a small wave of her head, indicating to the small pink and gold form.

With a heavy heart, Irrydae turns away and hides the sadness to see one leave. Irrydae silently goes to stand next to the new white unicorn, addressing her quietly after she speaks. "Welcome, mare of the wilds. I am glad you have chose a home with us." Another smile, for her this time. Could she instill hope in her herdmates, as she should be? "My name is Irrydae, I am the Storyteller. If you ever need anything, you can come to me Artemis." Words quiet and soft, masked easily by the other voices.

Letting everyone say what they need to, Irrydae finally speaks. "We must not lose our hope and faith in these times. We must stay strong and continue fighting, and I know everyone of you is capable. Dark times affect us all, they break down even the strongest of us. But we must continue to fight. We have lost many recently, but we will recover. We must regain our numbers by those new entering from the threshold, as our Chieftess Ktulu has said." Turning her head away from the whole herd she looks at Archibald to speak to him. "I am still running patrols myself, and I can take any extra shifts necessary." Irrydae then closes her mouth, hoping that her tiny speech might help someone in the least. She glances toward her stars, wanting again to meld into them and let the wind rush past her ears and drown her thoughts.

talk talk talk"
[ ooc ; okay if anyone has a problem with what irry did to your character, let me know and i'll change it. also i know apollo doesn't have his LT chosen yet, but just let irry do her thang mkay? ]
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
I hope it rains on you
Maybe a little bit of lightning too.
</style>

Darkly, the golden girl takes all of this in. She gives little indication that Ru's barrage of verbal attacks have made an impression, but they have. Of course they have. While Phaedra may not have been the best mother, can it truly be said that Ru made an effort to improve upon the relationship? They were not planned, nor were they ever abandoned. The Grey had fought for a home, and the girls were given a place of safety in which to grow and flourish. So where was the betrayal? Where was Ru so horribly let down and scorned, such that this was warranted?

Never. Not by her mother.

And so, with a weary sigh, treating Ru's soapbox rant as nothing more than the musings and self-entitlement one would expect from a child, Phae's shimmering gaze moved back to Archibald.

Bits of starlight danced across her pelt as she regarded the towering stallion, nodding simply once his statement had finished. "It is as you say, Archibald. Although with the Asylum soon to be nipping at our heels, I wonder if there are other precautions that should be made?"

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

But he's so beautiful
Such a beautiful disaster

The Constrictors summons reached the ears of the elder blue and that of his bonded, his gaze was downcast and he sighed with sadness. His run as Chief had been fun and for a time the Able truly believed he could live within the confides of a herd, doing little things to help and here he was closer to his family. The grass was good, though Evers rarely remembered to eat it, and the company was appreciated. A mare of dark alluring qualities sprung to mind and he smiled forlornly, if only he hadn’t lost his heart that day in heavens gentle embrace. Ah, but it wasn’t just that, he was a scholar and a seeker of knowledge. This idle standing around was not for him and he wasn’t brawn enough to stand by the side of Archibald, though he could fight well enough, the art wasn’t for him. In the Foothills he had sought a path to diplomacy, something Ktulu offered now as Apollo stepped up to the mark, another lead etched into the rolling lands history. However, as he looked upon the youthful form of Rita he began to understand that no matter how much he tried to stand side by side with Archibald and the others, this life was not his path. Not his way. Maybe this was what the Forsaken had felt when she proclaimed herself outcast, perhaps this hollow shape of life was all that was left for those who dared to speak up and take authority.

Evers needed to find his old ways, his old life, in order to begin living once again.

Many spoke, one child in particular seemed upset and his eyes turned sorrowful as she spoke goodbyes, it seemed another was not content with her life. So much strife appeared to be in the air these days. It was then he heard her voice, the vocals like music on his ears that sank deep and clutched his heart in the sharp twist of love. An emotion foreign to the blue, but one he had accepted and one he must try to control. However, he moved towards Archibald first, appearing like a pea next to a mountain, Rita relaxing on her haunches eyeing Loretta curiously. "Brother" came his quiet voice, the words aimed solely at his larger sibling. "You seem well, life suits you here." Evers was glad that he and Loretta appeared to be coping, considering the state he last saw him in, the blue had been worried about him. Though nothing ever seemed to deter Archibald, going through such an ordeal must have been hard and it was something that Evers couldn’t comprehend, even though there was an echo of similar emotion. Like a long lost memory, but he dismissed it and returned to the matter at hand. Sighing sadly, "this is not for me though. Perhaps at one point I believed I could do it, limit myself and live in the confides of herd life. Alas! My thirst for knowledge and need to travel is getting the better of me and I fear I’ve done something foolish recently." He cast a fleeting glance towards Irrydae before returning to his brother, smiling crookedly.

"Even if blood doesn’t tie us, you are and always will be my brother, my allegiance will always be to you. I’ll just be a little further away" he chuckled before turning slightly, looking thoughtfully down at Rita. "Send Loretta if you need me, Rita should be able to find her. Be well, fight hard and don’t die." A large smile broke out across his features and he nodded once to the brute, he could never imagine Archibald dying, but then again he never imagined Mandrake dying. The profession he had chosen was dangerous and part of him would always worry. With that he turned away and nervously approached Irrydae, the beaming happiness on his face before turning into a half smile of affection. "So long Irrydae, I’ll be in the Wilds somewhere, trying not to stir up too much trouble." He smiled at his own poor attempt at humour before pausing, his voice becoming slightly distant and hesitant, but he managed to get the last words out. "I’m sorry if I ever made you feel uncomfortable, I hope you’ll come find me sometime, or perhaps I’ll visit. I would not like this to be the last time we meet." In Evers’ perfect world he would spend everyday with her, but this reality was far from perfect and her beauty surpassed even that of the night sky. If he stayed he would only fall further and be more likely to do something stupid. All she would have to do was say the words and without a single pause he would do anything for her.

With that he took a few steps back, nodding once to Ktulu and Apollo, the two who now lead. There was no need to make a fuss, he was nobody important after all, his passing would not be marked in history. He was the distant memory of an old Chief who failed to make his mark, a horse like that would not or even needed to be remembered. Or so Evers was now in full belief of.

[Exeunt Evers. He still aligns himself with Archibald (& Irrydae ;D), if the Foothills ever needs him for whatever reason, throw me a PM/skype + I will still reply/finish his patrol thread with Irry.]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
Alleo
and I know its hard when you’re falling down
and its a long way up when you hit the ground

Since arriving in the Foothills after months and months of searching for his sisters, Alleo had rarely left their sides, especially Lakota's. He stood beside her as a silent bodyguard whenever anyone would approach her, watching them but only speaking when they would acknowledge him. At times when he would leave her alone it was only because he wanted to travel and discover more of the dark land that she and Hana had decided to call home. There were only a handful of individuals that he had met and, still, he could sense the hatred and the racism that seemed to be the lifeblood of Helovia.

He was with Lakota this day when the call rang out for them to all gather and it was at her side that he entered the herd meeting. The large stallion stayed close to his smaller sister, muscled shoulders brushing against her as he walked. Silently he observed all that had gathered and silently he judged the outburst of those that thought the meeting an opportune time to voice their dislike of others and take their leave. His ears tilted back as he watched a filly and a tiger striped horse make a scene that was, he felt, uncalled for. There was no doubt that the dark Chieftess that had called them all together felt the same from the tilted back ears and the set of her jaw.

Others came and plead loyalty and another came and took his leave. Alleo's tail struck his legs as he stepped forward and cleared his throat. "I am Alleo, brother to Lakota and Hana." He informed the Chief and Chieftess as well as the others that had gathered. "My sisters honor you with their loyalty and so will I. Use my body as a weapon to defend what is rightfully yours, take back what has been taken from you, and punish those unworthy." He stood still for a moment before stepping back beside his sister and listening to her as she spoke.

0 words

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.
She was late. She was so bloodly late. Slipping up beside her darker sister Hana tried her very best to blend in with the grass. She did not glance at her brother or her sister, knowing that if they caught her eyes they would give her a silent rant. Instead she watched the ants crawl over her hoof for a moment. She almost felt awkward as if she shouldn't have turned up at all, but she knew that Ktulu would eat her alive. Why was it that everyone wanted to harm her? Sighing, Hana raised her eyes to Apollo their new chief. She had never had much to do with the stallion but knew from experience that he could be a leader. "Congratulations Apollo!" Hana beamed at him happily. It was nice to know that the herd was finding strength to move forward despite their missing numbers. She could see Evers' figure in the distance, she had heard his parting words with a heavy heart. It didn't seem fair that they were loosing so many of their own. But everyone had a right to do as they pleased, she supposed that was the beauty of being in such an accepting herd.

Turning back to the group at large, the lightly shaded dame wondered what their next move would be. What did the fates have in store for them? Was their a great battle in the future, reuniting them and making them stronger. Or would they simply loose their purpose and their number slowly diminished until they were nothing? Only time would be able to tell them what the future held. Her eyes come to rest on the new members, each one was interesting enough. It was great to know that others where still happy to join their cause. Perhaps they could fill in the missing gaps. "I still need to spar with a few other members." She glanced to her fellow warriors. "If anyone has the time, please let me know." It would be a great honour to spar with anyone of them.

" "
343 words

Andreas Posts: 11
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 8
Klare
A N D R E A S

Congratulations. Late to your first herd meeting. Andreas finally found where they had all gathered, she seemed to be the last one to arrive. Bristling with annoyance, she came to a stop beside her brother. Apollo, chief of the Foothills. Leader of a herd. With proud eyes she studied him for a moment, she and her brother were alike in many ways. In others they were not, but they shared such a special bond. "Indeed, Congratulations Apollo." A proud smile for him and him alone. She wanted him to know how proud she was of him, how happy she was to be able to call him her brother. "I am new to the herd, my name is Andreas, older sister to Apollo." Tossing a wink back to Apollo, the black raven turned to the herd again. "It is a honour to be accepted among you."

Then came the other problem of the herd needing a mason. During her travels Andreas had learnt many skills. Quite confident that she would be able to do her new family proud she stepped forward. "I would like to volunteer as a Mason." Nodding towards Ktulu, the other leader Andreas had said all that she wanted to.

546 words.
It's late, I've got a headache and so this sucks xD

Everyday's another chance to ignite
Cause I'm addicted
To this universal feelin called life