World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

My heart ached with an sadness I had been certain I'd never have to feel again. I had been wrong, however, and as I stood facing the gently churning waterfall, I found that I didn't know what to do. Ophelia, the pale hybrid who had come to be an earthly mother figure to me, had left. She claimed that being a sell-sword wasn't the way she wanted to live anymore, and while I understood the reason why she had left, I couldn't come to terms with the simple fact that she was no longer in the lands I had come to call home. I had loved her, trusted her to always be here for me, and now she was gone.

Even Roskuld, my rambunctious sister who shared in common with me a divine lineage, had run away from me crying the first night the sun had not risen. Hototo had left, though I knew he had done so to tend to the lands while our parents were absent, and even Knox had become a rare sight. The thought of them all caused my chest to tighten quite painfully, and staring down into the lit waters, I fought to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. No, I wouldn't cry, I had become stronger than this; I had helped to take down that monster in the Heavenly Fields, struck the last blow to bring the beast down. I was a hero, but I felt the victim.

Before my mind could suck me down even more, a call caught in my ears, one that I wasn't familiar with. Ophelia's usually jovial tones were what I wanted to hear, but despite it being somebody else, the call demanded to be answered and I knew it must be important. With a heavy sigh that stretched my barrel, I willed my magic to wrap me in its gentle frills of darkness and take me to the lone Chieftess of the Foothills, Ktulu.

There was a whirlwind as I arrived, my form slowly taking shape as the darkness ungripped me and allowed me to stand alone, my lighted sides standing out against the darkness that still consumed the land despite my Mother's stars in the sky above. Looking to Ktulu, I saw that she wasn't alone, a young filly at her side whom I granted a gentle smile to, before my gaze returned to the Constrictor as she spoke.

Much to my surprise, the only remaining soul of the Foothills that I knew had been promoted. Apollo, the painted medic who had come to my side at the beginning of this eternal night, had been named the new Chief! Surprise sparked in my eyes, a stark contrast to my previously melancholy expression, but I was happy; I didn't know the Medic, err, Chief... as well as I would like, but I knew he deserved it. He was level-headed and willing to do anything for his herdmates, and I looked forward to seeing how he would handle his new position. I would be certain to personally congratulate him when I found him alone next.

From the sound of it, many ranks had recently opened up. I'd thought of what I might pursue some day within the herd if the opportunity ever arose many times, but had had a difficult time deciding on one. The idea of creating things of stone sounded useful, but I couldn't see myself doing it. I wanted to officially learn the art of battle some day, but I still had skin to grow into, and would wait until Orangemoon to seek Archibald out and request a training session with him. That left two options; healing and spying. The first I had intended to learn no matter what, but if I decided on the latter, I could put my magic to well-intended use and perhaps help prevent an attack on the herd.

"Apollo, Sir," I spoke up then, meeting the new Chief's honey-brown gaze, "I would like to seek the position of a spy, if you would have me."

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Mesec - 08-06-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Hana - 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM