the Rift

[OPEN] [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
He hadn't been far when the Constrictor's call had echoed through the land, summong all who would hear it. A shiver of nerves danced down the stallion's spine, knowing what this meant; Ktulu was calling a herd meeting... And in it, she would announce the changes that had happened to the Grey. It was something that needed to be done, Apollo knew, but he could do nothing to stop the nerves from jittering through his bones. No longer was he a medic, but a Chief, and a part of him feared that the other members of the Grey would not take kindly to his new role in leadership.

Still, as Ktulu called, he would go.

Moving through the plains of the Foothills, paced a quick walk, it didn't take terribly long for Apollo to spot his dark lady. No matter if they both lead the Grey now; Ktulu would always be that to him. Perhaps he wouldn't say that out loud, but... Stepping up beside the Constrictor, Apollo dipped his head in an acknowledging nod. He took in a deep breath to settle and brace himself, and then waited for everyone to show.

One by one they came, and it was then that Ktulu made the announcement of his new place within the herd. He stared across the many faces of the Grey, wondering what they thought of it all; were they happy? Confused? Disgusted? Angered? So many thoughts ran rampant through his head, but Apollo knew he needed to focus. Inhaling another breath, he waited for Ktulu to finish before speaking. The Constrictor had already done a good job summing up everything that needed to be adressed, which left his speaking at a minimum.

"I'm very honored to be given this chance," Apollo began, dipping his head once more in a thankful gesture to Ktulu, "And I will do all that I can for the Grey and try to prove my worth. I have spoken to Ktulu about this already, and I agree she brings up a viable point in frequenting the Threshold. There could be threats lurking that we are unaware of, stalking our borders, looking to take the Foothills from us. I would like to send our spies out there to investigate, learn of any going-on's that we might not be aware of." He paused, glanced to Ktulu, and then out to the members of the Grey once more.

"I was recently in the Threshold myself, and I obtained knowledge of a new band that has formed in the outlands. They call themelves the "Asylum". I don't know if they're a threat to us in any way, but it may serve us well to keep an eye on them. If anyone else has heard of this group, or know of anything else that we should be aware of, please... Speak up."

Not knowing what else to say, Apollo grew silent to allow his and Ktulu's words to soak in. It wasn't long until others began to speak, and Apollo realized with a start that some of them were speaking to him. How long would it be until he grew used to this?

Mesec, the moon-son, was first to speak up, and Apollo offered the young demi-God a smile. He knew, that with Ophelia's departure, as well as the young Roskuld's strange and rather abrupt choice to leave the Foothills, Mesec was probably hurting and lonely, for they had been family. Perhaps he could steal a few moments with the youngster later, to simply talk. The yearling showed interest in becoming a spy, and Apollo smiled, nodding his head. With his abilities, surely Mesec could be a very valuable asset to the spy ranks.

Then, a young colt who Apollo truly didn't recognize spoke, yearning to become a diplomat. The overo appreciated his modesty.

"Thank you, both of you. Mesec, you shall become a spy, and you shall become a diplomat, young one..." He paused and chuckled warmly, finding himself relaxing more despite his previous nervousness. Growing silent once more, Apollo waited for more to speak and share their interests.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Apollo - 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Hana - 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM