the Rift

[OPEN] [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

How long would this darkness last? It seemed like eternity since the sun last rose over the horizon, spreading its warm glow over the lands and bringing to life the land and all it's bounty. This darkness was unbearable. Her love of the blood red sunsets and pale links of dawn made the endless night frustrating and the shadows toyed with her mind. Everywhere her steely gaze looked, she saw movements; ebony figures that swam through the trees and shifted from view whenever she peered through the gloom. It made her nervous, and it did not help that she knew little about the land she was now a part of. She had run from a place of torment, only to be drowned under a blanket of navy. Only the stars were her solace now, but even they appeared more as menacing eyes than friendly lights to the mare. She did not like this place, and yet she did not leave. There was nowhere for her to run.

Apollo had introduced her to the Grey, adopting her into his home. She only hoped she had made the right decision. The peppy filly and the beauty of the Pegasus still lurked in the back of her mind, but she knew it mattered little where she had chosen. The darkness was a curse that plagued all of Helovia.

She wandered alone, her body attracted by the occasional spot lamps that provided the only light beside the moon and stars. Her long ivory feathers trailed in the dirt behind her, and her dappled grey pelt reflected the lamplight with a pale orange glow, giving the muscular draft mare an almost ethereal appearance. Wait. No. She was no ghost; phantoms were spindly, beautiful yet menacing creatures, and here she was; a lumbering, masculine and ugly creature. She rolled her eyes at herself, flicking her tail over her flanks and throwing those thoughts from her mind. It was then that the call reached her ears, and although she did not recognise the cry, something within her told her to follow it. She pressed on faster, toward the voice, her ears pricked forward as she began to trot.

Eventually, she reached a clearing. Before her, the herd was gathered with a mare in its centre. She reached the meeting just in time to be fashionably late, yet to hear her last words. It seemed this mare was in charge of the warriors and Artemis found herself arching her neck proudly from the back of the group. It was clear from her tall body that she was no spy. Her body was not built for stealth and silence. She did not speak, however. Not yet. She was not big on talking, and although confident in her abilities she was not sure how to address the mare nor any of her new companions. The mare did not care well in crowds but she cast aside her nerves, stepping forward to better integrate herself in the herd. She made a point to eye her new family carefully, scanning their forms and trying her best to understand the individuals she was now among. Lakota offered training in understanding poisonous plants, which the silver mare nodded at with a slight smile. I was something she knew nothing about, and would gladly learn. Another newcomer was also there, introducing himself to the herd and offering his body for combat. Did that mean she, too, had to speak?

She glanced between the members, ears pressing back nervously as she found Apollos face through the crowd. He was the only equine she knew and her eyes begged to know what to do. Damn it, she probably looked so weak and meagre! No, she wouldn't let herself become that sort of person. Her ears flicked up and she raised her head proudly. I was an act, and inside her heart was hammering, but she was determined not to appear weak before the family. She stepped forwards, feeling the wind brushing through her mane and causing e braid to gently brush over her crest. "My lady. My name is Artemis of the wilds. I gladly offer myself as a warrior of the Grey."

DevArt

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Artemis - 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: [Herd Meeting]Bleeding Skies [Mandatory] - by Hana - 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM