the Rift

[OPEN] Wise and Watchful Eyes

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Evers stared up at the moon. The last time he had seen the sunlight was when he had found Irrydae in the Heavenly Fields. His heart twisted at the memory and he pushed it away, he knew better than to live in past mistakes. He'd said one word too many and frightened her away, all he wanted now was the chance to apologize and start again on a happier day. Blue gaze found the frolicking of his bonded hound who had grown considerably over Frostfall and into Birdsong. Her legs were longer, leaner and her tail was beginning to curl at the end, big ears flopped on top of her azure head. She was getting faster as her stride became longer and she already had her favourite routes around the Foothills, her favourite places to smell and hunt. Perhaps the rolling green really was becoming home, even when he was Lead this land was never truly home, not with Mandrake lurking around the corner who could snap her fingers at any minute. With her gone he was free to enjoy his surroundings in a way he never had before, knowing he wasn't going to be called away suddenly and that he now had no certain path before him.

The Able made his way over to the foot of the mountain, where the trees grew in short stock and the paths became hard to navigate on. Rita having no problem at all on her nimble paws as her nose was low to the floor, perhaps scenting a rabbit or even an elk. Evers, however, grunted as the terrain got tricky and fell to a halt with a puff, gaze out across the Foothills with a small smile. Today was his turn to patrol, although he would much rather roam the wilds, Evers didn't mind fulfilling his duties and felt happy in finally having something constructive to put his mind to. The only niggling thought was his partner for the day; Irrydae.

He was both nervous and eager to see her, but even so, he wondered if she'd even come at all. Perhaps she never wanted to speak with him again. Would he be able to accept such a decision and carry on? The scholar swallowed and nodded to himself with a downcast look know he would have to. Yet, he raised his dark velvet more to the gentle breeze and called out to the Storyteller, just like a horse calling to his superior. "Irrydae?" Was all he said, his voice a gentle question to locate her whereabouts before their patrol would begin.

(Open patrol thread with @[Irrydae].)
wc: 435

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Bitter memories laced the thoughts of the star mare this day.. night.. whatever time it was. The sun had been gone so long now that her sleeping pattern was messed up and irregular. In fact, the last time she had seen it was when she had found Evers in the Heavenly Fields, at sunset. Teeth clench down hard on the inside of her cheek, trying to fight the tears that stubbornly were trying to spring from her eyes. His scent, his voice is all too familiar as if he was standing next to her. Her shoulders sag under the invisible burden and guilt that crushed her heart. She can very easily remember pressing her face into his ebony mane. ' I will not tell you more, my past is not one to be told aloud and should die with me.' Slight anger bristles in her, she had trusted him and told him about her own past, one she has never told anyone and what... did he not trust her? '... You are also one I have come to treasure.' A gasp escapes her as she remembers his words, eyes closing shut as pain crosses her features. But the memory is only lead on by how she left, how she overreacted because she didn't know how to react to emotion, never having felt it before. Her mouth full of a liquid, rusty in taste brings her mind back as much as it can, and where she had been biting now leaked blood. Irrydae coughs it out hastily, reaching down to cover up the large splatter of red made silvery pink in the moonlight. Her teeth reach into the snow, packing it together before pressing it against the wound in her mouth.

And why had she let these memories that she had been fighting to forget, so openly to the front of her mind? Her patrol. More specifically, her patrol partner. One by the name of Evers the Able. Irrydae swallows roughly, shaking her head. She knew he would come and find her, and she had made her way up the rough terrain of the mountain hours ago, letting the crushing guilt clear it's course before she had to see him again. She had not seen him since.

Irrydae's ears do not turn back when she hears the tumble of rocks and crunch of snow. Two different sets, one quieter - it must be Rita. Silhouetted by the moon, she stands still and silent, chest rising and falling heavily. He must not be able to see her- or maybe he can. 'Irrydae?' Irrydae swallows the ice she had used to numb the cut in her mouth, taking a deep breath. So now I must go. She turns slowly, golden orbs searching for the lithe, dark figure. They finally find him, eyes grazing the contours of his face and examining his expression, was he nervous? Did he hate her now? Golden orbs spark slightly before taking her first step towards him. She slowly descends down the rocky terrain quietly, though loud enough for him to clearly hear her if he didn't before.

Irrydae doesn't stop when she should.

She only stopps when she presses her face to his mane again, nares inhaling his scent. "Evers." She murmurs softly, soft voice muffled slightly by his mane. She then pulls back, hoping she didn't cause him discomfort. What if he didn't want to see her? What if she hurt him so bad when she left, that he hated her? Irry had not thought of that. A small smile fills her face as she steps away, eyes lingering on him in the silence. Acting as if she hadn't done that, she turns her head to the side slightly, "I suppose we should start our patrol, yes? It's unfortunate all we have is the moon to guide us, but I can't be anything but grateful now. Complete darkness is hard even on the best of us." She muses in a soft, yet clear voice that travels across the land of melting snow, head tilted slightly in his direction.

IRRYDAE
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death