the Rift

[PRIVATE] get up and go

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
@[Yseulte]

Having left the Basin, I was free, free to do what I wanted. I had left them because I found they were getting a bit... boring. So I had set off, leaving the Basin behind. It was the first time in seasons I had gotten out of that cold land. I let my cloven hooves strike the icy earth, my blue eyes drifting through the landscape. I had developed a respect for the other species, I couldn't hate them forever now could I?

Striding through the dark landscape, the stars above my head, I made my way away from the Basin. I realized I was leaving behind my brethren, but it was for a good cause. At least, I thought it was for a good cause. So I let myself go, my legs carrying me on. Slowly the light of the Basin vanished, sinking away behind me. My lion tail streamed behind me, the hair catching the wind. My horn was kept towards the sky, my chin tucked toward my chest.

I raced along, the moon lighting my way. The moon... she was the patron goddess of my old home, the Edge. I had fled the battle, back when I was younger, weaker, but not anymore. I had experienced the thrill of battle during my travels outside of Helovia. During that time, I had grown, my muscles worked to their limits. I had returned half a season later, my body well developed now. No longer was I that weak, wimpy mare I had been a year ago. Now, I was stronger, tougher, fiercer.

But here I was, fleeing the Basin, the glowing cavern fading away the farther I got. Sweat was beading, my blue roan bodice soaking. I halted, flinging snow everywhere. I sighed, my hot breath drifting into the air nearby. My nostrils were flaring, my coat matted against my skin. I shook my head, sweat drops scattering. I let air into my lungs, stealing the oxygen from around me. My ears moved to and fro, trying to locate any nearby sounds. I heard nothing, so I relaxed. My tail was laying lifelessly against the ground, snow entangled in the hair.

"blah blah blah blah"

swirling shades of blue,
slow dancing in your eyes

Image Credits

[leyra shall join le Valkryies ;D]
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]