the Rift

Be the Icon.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

All I saw was smoke and fire
I didn’t feel a thing, but suddenly I was rising higher

The moonlit land was bright enough for walking without stumbling; no longer did the plants and forest creatures rely on unnaturally bright tree forage. It had become easier to find food, and slightly less daunting when a fellow decided that walking the twists and bends of Threshold was a necessary evil. The night was still plenty full of danger; there seemed no end to the strange cries of pitiful creatures that had were starved for sunlight. I walked quietly between the trees, weaving carefully so that my feathers didn’t rustle against the brush and make unnecessary noise. This slice of land was my second home, and a favored place for those passing through Helovia.

Ahead was a small clearing, with dirty snow still upon the frosty earth and naked trees surrounding said clearing like silent sentinels. I pause inside the treeline, simply looking out for signs of life. Scents of others were always stronger in areas like these, but one in particular held my attention long enough for me to notice something curled up in the shadows. I might have passed her by without ever noticing if my training had been that of an inexperienced you; the darkness of pelt was perfect camouflage for a world such as ours. Pushing through an overhanging of dead limbs that scratched at my spine and clawed passionately at my wings—I approached slowly, with wary wisdom born from experience. She was alive at least, I could taste her breath upon the air even at this distance, and by the faint light I could make out her chest rising/falling with even pattern. It wasn’t so cold out that I worried about her health as one might during the thralls of Frostfall. Again I paused, close enough to not strain for words yet far enough away to avoid possible problems, “Well met Ma ’Lady.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Hana - 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-17-2013, 12:27 AM