the Rift

Be the Icon.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

All I saw was smoke and fire
I didn’t feel a thing, but suddenly I was rising higher

Like a switch suddenly flipped, Iconic’s pretty face snapped out of its state of grumpy. She smiled sweetly and said, “Midas, why it is a pleasure to be in your presence.” That ebony crown dipped respectfully and my face softened into something that was borderline amusement; I returned her smile and listened quietly as she answered my question. That previous impolite attitude could easily be ridden off as a stress response to being in a new land, this idea satisfied us both enough to relax my quarters and start the process of reassessment. “It good that your time spent here has been fruitful,” I mused knowingly, “despite the unfortunate state Helovia remains stuck in.”

We had been standing apart, Iconic developed a sudden trust or favor and stepped closer. I made a point to remain unmoving, aside from adjusting feathers and the occasional absentminded flick of an ivory banner. Simply allowing her taller frame to close the distance separating us was best option. Each move was something calculated by the General side of a strategic brain in the meanwhile; she was dainty, but appeared well chiseled for the task of fighting. Her long limbs seemed to glide with little effort, a dancing partner worth of a spar or two and perhaps harboring a talent for spying perhaps.

“Please, do tell me more about yourself and these plans.” I offer, settling into an at-ease stance for the possibility that this could end up being a longer conversation than first thought.

A conversation that would be cut short. More company was well on its way, a female equine pushed past the trees and joined us. I could taste the aroma of Foothills lingering on her fur, she smelled like another home that was often on my mind. Ktulu and our precious little daughter, I wondered how they were doing. “Pardon me,” she chipped apologetically. A girl with some manners, “Nice to meet you Hana.” Iconic seemed less than thrilled by Hana’s abrupt entrance and rather direct words.

My golden pools shifted to Ktulu’s recruiter in surprise, she had blazed right past everything cautious and just dove into offering VIP access. What was Ktulu rearing these days? I wondered, but wouldn’t and couldn’t frown upon her efforts in front of this stranger. Such would be rude and dishonoring to both of our herds; instead, my ears pricked up to listen for how Iconic would handle the situation.

“Really? Are you serious?” Again it was astonishment which turned my crown back, both brows rose a fraction out of simply revelation by how blunt this woman was. There really was no beating around the bush with this lady, or regard for any feelings on Hana’s part. For a moment all I could do was just stare at them both, wondering why mares had to be so complicated with one another. Women were often very cruel to members of their own gender; and this was yet another fine example.

Still. What Iconic said was troubling. If she couldn’t survive in a family setting how could she be trusted with simple jobs such as patrolling and scouting? “Now, Midas, what part of these beautiful lands do you accompany?” quietly I answered her question, while sparing another glance toward Hana, “I hail from Dragons Throat, Lady Iconic.” Some people just couldn’t get along with others, I silently hoped that Ktulu’s attendee wouldn’t get bent out of shape by that negative response.

“Allow me to add though,” a deep sigh whelped behind my tonsils and threatened to erupt between my lips, “If working as a family, as one unit doesn’t appeal to you…I’m afraid my homeland will not satisfy your needs.” Lips had fallen into a halfsmile—I knew, everyone was different; and there was no reason to force outcasts into a territory which would be unappealing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Hana - 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Midas - 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: Be the Icon. - by Iconic - 08-17-2013, 12:27 AM