the Rift

Come at me ( ghost)

Echo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The snow crunched under the heavy hoof falls of a dark blue colored horse, which moved with its head held low. Her eyes glued to the ground not caring at all for what was ahead in the path and could have been easily struck by a tree. Such a funny place this land seemed lacking sun light the hermpodite horse didn’t think much about it nor really noticed the absence of sun. His mind was overloaded with burdening thoughts clashing with one another the mare had been fighting with the stallion within this youthful body. The stud more reserved said simply “ turn around go back and plead to go home” at which the girl retorted “ They don’t want us that simple so stop complaining I got the helm this time you can have control over this vessel when it’s your damn turn”. After awhile the soul just learned to zone out the arguing voices in his head not caring for what they had to say.

Echo had known nothing, but cold hearted rejection for most of her life and wanted to get away from bitter horses. There never was a true place to call home for this equine so naturally the blue colored mare sought to use solace as a companion. Rather than seek out large crowds of other horses for they always seemed to be the same old fashioned way. She just wandered around seeking out some sort of adventure or something to dull the pain in her heart. This aimless meander around led this lady into the land lacking a sun

occ: let me know if this confuses you I just learned she/ he has two personalities

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Have you ever seen a blue jay fly against the wind in a sparkling, dewy morning? Those rising sun rays reflecting glints of itself back at those who watch? Now picture that blue jay trying to escape a group of Mockingjays for they are territorial in an overly ridiculous way. Use your imagination, form a trapper in your mind. But this trapper likes to see animals die just to die; not for sport, not for meat, just to kill. This Blue jay is cornered and helpless.

Then a storm comes; a horrible awful storm that wishes to spit out a tornado or two in its path and destroy everything. However, all it destroys is bad and all it stops is evil. A lightning strike hits the trapper dead in the head, and the blue jay is set free only to return to her hidden babies that have missed her dearly and have starved without her help, on the brink of death.

Now, open your eyes and it all whizzes past you and you return to reality. That was just a small part of what I wanted to do. To set that bluejay free and many more to come. My sky blue eyes greeted my surroundings with their usual warmth and friendliest; do not be fooled, they could turn in a heartbeat. My flaring nostrils welcomed the scents they sorted through and then held on to the ones they found interesting enough to catch. This included the scent of one I had yet to meet.

This creature had their head down and even in the darkness with the light sifting through in some places, I could tell that the being was not exactly on a destination route. This creature seemed unsure about things; hesitant and distant from the world. With a chuckle, I put my inky black head down to the being's level, sky blue eyes looking at this creature's other ones.

This creature was about five yards in front of me and before it wanted to run into me, my heavy and large hooves hit the ground and my voice of warmth poured into the air in a friendly and welcoming manner "Why do tell, why don't you carry your head higher? You can't see much of the world like that, mm? Though of course, in these times of darkness, I don't suppose there's too much to see." A sigh and a chuckle mixed together escaped from my lips resulting in a odd sound.

"My name is Adalaide. Are you new here?"
----------
Speak-Sit-Think
image credits

Echo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Being home sick was an awful feeling, even more so when one didn't have a true home to miss or morn over having been forced to leave it behind. In a way this horse had known nothing, but being rejection from the moment she hit the cold hard ground, as a foal his parents were ashamed by what the gods gave to them for a child and only raised it until the horse was able to sustain itself on grass rather than on the milk of his Dam’s tit. Naturally from experiences like that it shouldn't surprise anyone that the horse has major trust issues with anything. Beyond trusting insecurities lurked in her deep brown eyes, which were blood shot from exhaustion; moving around constantly didn't offer much time for rest especially in a stressed hurry out of a land. Simply this equine lived a life on the run from those unwilling to accept abnormalities and she was just that

Lost to thought the hermaphrodite didn't realize the other mare with a fascinating black dotted coat before him and it took for the other horse to say hi for the deep blue colored horse to realize she had company. Feeling the vibrations run through the ground startled Echo out of her trance causing a snort to escape the nostrils “Damn way to startle someone” she responded in a flat tone to the stranger, briefly raising his head then slowly lowered it back down not at all caring assuming the lady to be just as every other horse he met. Laughing slightly the mare within retorted to the fe’s weird noise “I carry it low because I don’t care to see anything its all the same to me different landscape same old fashioned people inhabiting the place" looking back up for a little while longer the stallion within looked the lady over then nodded letting the mare take back full swing. Keeping her head held up echo spoke again flat " I am Echo and yes I am new to this odd land just your average vagabond of society just passing through" Sighing the mare tossed her thick black forelock out of her eyes to get a better look at the taller horse "Your the first to say hi to me in a long time typically conversations with others don't end well for me"

occ: hope this is good still getting use to echo

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

"You can't live life with your head down though, friend. There's new possibilities around every corner. Just as there are different creatures, places, and beings around a bend." A warm smile grew on my face just like my warm and soft voice was pouring into the air. I wasn't like everyone else. I was friendly and welcoming when all I had seen from the rest of the world was coldness and bitter hate. I was different.

I didn't care how you looked, I didn't care where you came from. Hell, I didn't care if you killed someone. If you were as I favored, I didn't care. You were a friend and I was okay with that. It takes all kinds of kinds.

"Plus, if you were looking up and at the world, I wouldn't be so startling." My eyebrow raised and a friendly and warm chuckle came from deep within my chest and crawled out my maw like thunder. It wasn't a smart remark and it wasn't intended to be in anyway. A friendly slap on the back, if you will

"Trust me, you have nothing to worry about from me. And welcome to Helovia by the way Echo. That's a beautiful name." I finish with a nod then take a few steps away from the mare, though it appeared like the creature before me had a personality shift. I brushed it off, though.

My ice blue eyes turned from the blue hued mare to the ground then to the sky. "So with that in mind you have no particular home then, correct? If I can, I would like to offer one. Well, not exactly a home but a growing group that I plan on expanding. Interested in righteousness?"

My blue eyes went from the sky back to Echo with a friendly and genuinely warm smile on my face.
----------
Speak-Sit-Think
image credits