the Rift

[OPEN] Labor Pains [Tonka, Open || Birth Thread]

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

The sun had not risen but the luminous moon was still hanging in the sky and the stars that had been thrown up to litter the sky were still there as well. I had emerged from the misty woods to a more popular traveled road. The mist still surrounding me and the moonlight reflecting off of it giving it a glow that almost made the mist seem like it was glowing.

My abdomen had swollen to the point where it made my hooves hurt to walk on them but I felt the urge to anyways. My abdomen had also dropped to a point that I had to lay down to be comfortable but even then I was in pain. The pain seemed to be coming in waves and it was sharp when it did. My breathing had increased but I knew I had to keep it to a low point.

Much like a knife in the back, a large sharp pain hit me. A large groan mixed with a neigh erupted from my throat and poured into the air much like a rough and course racket. I couldn't muster to yell, I couldn't muster to get up. That meant one thing: the foal was coming. My inky black head rested upon the ground and my nostrils were flaring.

"Damn it! Damn it all! Damn everyone! Damn this pain!" My thoughts were surging with the pain that was racketing up my body and I wasn't thinking too clearly right now. My red accented black legs thrashed about as I tried to get up but I knew that there was no use in it. I'm giving birth, and I'm alone. I'm fucking alone. WHERE THE HELL IS TO- Damn it!" Another sharp pain up my body which gave me the power to scream.

"TOOONNKAAA!" A bloodcurdling scream rang throughout the trees.

@[Tonka]
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

My dark orbs rolled back as I closed my lids and took in took in a deep sigh. Mist grabbed and gnawed at my legs as I treaded through the swirling fog. The moon was high in the sky and illuminated the mist. Stars pricked out from the blackish blue sky. It was a silent night, until I heard it.

"TOOONNKAAA!"

A scream loud enough to make your ear’s cringe hit me. It sounded like Chemical… Oh shit… This could only mean one thing… Fear started to rise in the pit of my stomach as I bolted over to where the scream seemed to be coming from. I soon found her. She was laying on the ground. Oh shit! She was about to give birth! Oh, what do I do? I can’t help, I don’t know how to.

I looked down at her; she appeared to be in a lot of pain. Oh shit… I couldn’t stand to see her like that. I reacted down, my maw touching hers. “Its ok, just breath. Everything will be ok, my love.” I said gently. I wasn’t sure if I should be afraid or happy. I had heard of some dying from giving birth, and I did not want my love to die. She looked as if she might die form the pain My blood was running hot and my heart was pounding. Oh shit! Please gods, if you are still there, let my Chemical be safe.

“You’re going to be ok, please just breath. Before you know it, your pain will be gone and we will have our foal.”

I tried to keep my voice calm, but fear still hinted in every word. I removed my maw from hers, and wrapped my neck around hers. I looked in her lovely red pools, as if still telling that it was ok. Oh shit, I was still so afraid

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Imagine Dragons by Demons on Grooveshark

Credits!

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Responsibility had kept the Moon Doctor nearby as the dark prisoner's time had drawn nearer and nearer, though she had taken pains to remain unnoticed so as to not upset the pegasus with potentially unwanted attention. But today she made no such precautions, especially once the mare cried out for the sire, a scream rich with pain that was entirely expected by the grulla.

Moving to join the expectant couple, she paused only long enough to take in the scene of the immensely round mare and the anxious stallion that stood over her, and the attempt at reassuring words he made. Then she stepped forward, speaking with calm authority. "Foals. You're much bigger than I ever got with my three, even Israfel with her wings. Closer to how big Mirage got." Dark muzzle dipped to touch a sweat-slicked side, unheeding of the possibility of getting whacked in the head with a wing. "You're very close to delivering the first one. Is this your first time pregnant? Its always more difficult the first time, since your body isn't used to pushing out something the size of a foal. It will hurt more before it hurts less, but don't give up. The second should be easier."

Shifting back, she bent her head to nose around within the satchel slung against her shoulder, identifying the wanted herbs by smell and touch. A few sprigs were withdrawn, before the Wild Rose stepped forward to drop them beside Chemical's head. "Herbs to ease childbirth, and one to calm your nerves. Go ahead and eat them. You and your children will be fine, I assure you."

Only then did she turn dark eyes upon Tonka. "Just no smart remarks from you, mister. This is my job, regardless of who needs my assistance."

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Apologies for the wait on this! Stuff just kind of happened. :3]]

The words from my love had little to no effect on me, even coming from him. "NO! Damn it, Tonka! You've said shit before! LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW!!!" Perhaps in a more calm situation I would have been much less hateful but with the sharp pain that was coursing through my body, I could barely handle it. It was much like a long and thick dagger that had been jabbed and ripped up my sides.

My breathing was rapid "Tonka. I really... wanna believe... you right now but... damn it! This baby's gotta come out now!!" My head fell from attempting to look up back to the ground and my front legs pawed the ground again, trying to escape this inevitable pain. My large, ink black wings were sprawled out above my body. They had become like useless appendages, not only because they had been stripped of their abilities, but because of the pain and this weight.

Another soon approached and if I would have calmed down for just a split second, I would realized she was trying to help me in the first place. My legs thrashed again, trying to get up but to no avail. I just stopped completely for a second to try and slow down my breathing and just calm down.

I waited for a bit and let the mare do what she was going to do. I expected she was there to help me after I actually analyzed what was going on and with that, I just listened. I was too exhausted to fight against her anyway.

I tried to calmly answer her questions, looking at Tonka, with crimson orbs shifting everywhere. "You know... that's not exactly... comforting. Wait, first one?" If I wasn't too tired and in such pain, I probably would have caught it quicker. "Second? There's two?"

If I wasn't so desperate to escape the pain, I probably wouldn't have taken the herbs but I needed to either way. It was getting unbearable. I quickly grabbed the plants sat in front of me by outstretching my neck a bit and then quickly swallowed.

Her words quickly turned cold towards Tonka and I looked at him with a slight shake from my head.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

Oh gods. What to do? I couldn’t do anything to help my poor Chemical. I did not know one thing about healing. I just hoped that maybe someone would come that knew what they were doing to help my love.

Her breathing became heavier and my worries grew. She spoke and I shook my head. I saw her head drop and I dropped my head down to her level. I let my maw touch the top of her skull. I nuzzled it lovingly. I did not know what else to do.

I suddenly heard the voice of another. I lifted my head to look at the new comer. I gave her a slight glare. I knew she was here to help, but I did not trust her. Yet. She was still a stranger to me, and to Chemical.

“The second should be easier."

Her words caught me off guard, forgetting all the wonders and comments that my mind had held. Two? There was going to be two? Oh shit! I knew I could take one, but two? My heart seemed to beat faster and faster. Oh god damn! I thought it was going to burst out of my chest! Two foals? Twins. I felt lightheaded. I started to wonder if Chemical felt this way about having twins too.

"Just no smart remarks from you, mister. This is my job, regardless of who needs my assistance."

Again, her words sent my worried thoughts flying away. I turned my head and rolled my eyes, deciding that speaking would not be the best thing to do right now. I would have loved to talk back to her, but this was not the time. I did not feel like gaining another enemy when my love was in pain.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Imagine Dragons by Demons on Grooveshark

Credits!

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Satisfied that she wouldn't have the mouthy Tonka interrupting and disturbing her while she tended her most unwilling patient, Smoke turned her attention fully upon Chemical with an amused chuckle.

"I thought that perhaps you'd be reassured to have someone experienced in being in your current position letting you know that you're going through an entirely normal experience." Dipping her muzzle to rest lightly on the pegasus' swollen side, Smoke waited and counted, then nodded to herself. "Yes, two. You shouldn't fight it, dear. Your body knows what to do, even if you don't. Your ancestors did this countless times, and the steps are written into the fibre of your being."

Slipping back into the gentle singsong adopted normally when soothing foals, she continued to speak. "Relax. Focus on the contractions, the waves of pain. Find the rhythym, and follow it. Push your child out. Feel how they move as they pass out. Front feet first, then head, then shoulders. We'll know if it takes after mother or father then. Then rest for a moment, before a last big push and the child with slip right out. Then we'll know if your firstborn is a colt or a filly. Then you can rest for a while as the second child is ushered into place, then you repeat the process. Easy. Simple. Messy, yes. But it won't take long. Ready? Now remember to breathe, and push..." Such was the calming mantra she murmured to Chemical, certain that the dark mare would have no problems in taking over the beat once her mind quieted and she settled into the business at hand of giving birth.

((Time warp at will, my dear. <3))