the Rift

Can You Lead Me Through The Dark? [Open]

Hecatia Oer'Sour Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hecatia Oer'Sour
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Where am I? The thought was clouded, she couldn't see anything. And she could tell the sun wasn't up, the warmth of it had left some time ago once she crossed the border. A night had passed and the only way she had known was a silence had passed the land. Her pale eyes were unmoving though she herself moved. Her steps unsteady in a land unknown and even more unsteady given the recent incident that had passed, a fear of the unknown equine had set in as a child but escalated over the passed year after she was attacked. She had stumbled quite a few times over rocks and roots she did not know of. She would eventually remember them once memorizing sounds or where she was by scent. For now her steps were high, knees coming tight towards chest as to ensure she stepped over any possible object that could trip her. Cuts and scrapes covered her red bay pelt from branches, bushes and anything that grabbed at her with twisted hands. Her unseeing eyes would sometimes move if a sound came from the side or shockingly fast. Her blue eyes could scare some, as it appeared that she seemed to have no pupils. The blue unseeing eyes had small pupils that were off to the side and mixed into a pale blue with mixed colours of dark blue, white and some mix of green. Oh Adri, where are you when Im somewhere I dont know. Daddy, mum. Her fear began to sink deeper into her bones. Smells mixed together and the only ones she could really separate was the forest and the air. Different horses mixed to confuse her and make her heart race slightly. The sound of animals moving around and the wind rushing passed her was easier to deal with. Though when the sound of another equine around her caused her to freeze and let out a small voice. "Hello?"

"OOC: Open. Hecatia is blind just so you know.

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

My body moved swiftly through the forest as the shade from the canopy above shielded almost every piece of ground from the moonlight's rays. You could make out faint outlines of things but anything else? It was of no use. Not much detail could your eyes make out in a scene like this. The chill of the everlasting night could send a shiver up your spine occasionally, but for the most part, my thick but sleek coat protected me from the elements.

My ice blue, crystalline eyes scoured the forest for any other sense of activity. I knew I was in the Threshold, and I had come here to help any and all lost souls navigate through this treacherous place called Helovia. One wrong step could send you spiraling down to dirt and your beating heart could quickly expire, figuratively of course. But then again, considering everything I guess it could be taken as literal as well.

That's when I had sensed the movement of another and my body continued to push further, steadily of course, so as to not spook her. What my eyes were met with was a deep red bay as far I could tell from here. Her mouth moved and my black ears swiveled, one in front focusing on the new comer, the other to the back, focusing on my surroundings.

At closer inspection, I could see that it appeared she was blind. The way her eyes were... blank and seemed to not move in the way a normal eye would if that made any sense.

"Good night, miss. Welcome to Helovia. The sun has not risen in many many days and just recently we have received the moon and stars back. Thus, explaining why it is so cold and is so silent. Deadly silent if you will, but it is also deadly still. Dangers lurk in these dark lands..." I left the sentence unfinished and shook my head with a sigh, sending my mane into a tussle that quickly fell back into place.

"Do you seek company tonight?"
----------
Speak-Sit-Think
image credits

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Wounds weren't going to keep me from moving. Sikeax was begging me to hit the Threshold, and her constant pleads got to my soul, and I fell to my knees. I had already been upon my knees, attempting at rest and healing. My leg had ended the blood flow that came from it, though the lower leg was a blood tinted white. What would they say seeing me in this state? She went about changing my dressing with more leaves she tried to knot together, though poorly made, I was proud. Sometime soon, I'd try to find someone to help her make those wraps. Learning is her goal, and as a mother, I need to be able to help her reach her goal.
Who said this was ever going to be easy?
Life was never easy, the path to my enlightment was a through one through a forest with undergrowth taller than myself, filled, with waters from the sea that reached my chest. I could neither walk nor swim, others had to push me along, leaving me with souls that broke me. Souls that ended up being rude, cruel creatures that weren't there to help. Myrsk was there to pull at my mane, his desperate attempts to move me on that path resulting in his death. His death was my fault. With his death, I can't truly feel happiness. I didn't stop to check on him, to make sure that he had just needed a break, time to rest. I left him there, lying in the tall grasses like the years he spent with me, down to the time we were caught in the fires, that he was there for me.
At a time in my childhood, I went with my little sister, Hecatia Oer'Sour, to Skyros' home by the sea. I lied to her like I did so many around me, told her that I was taking her there just to play in the waves as the summer heat grew unbearable. My true reason was there that I believed I was pregnant with Kanai's child, and if Onsoun and Saffiatta Hecate knew, my own family would exile me. The large family that started with Skyros and Adella resulted in so many dirty secrets, ones that my mother didn't seem to have. The day I left, I made sure Hecatia wasn't around, that Onsoun or Onsoun II couldn't hear my voice, that Zauji was in charge of keeping Hecatia busy, I let my tongue fly. My words didn't seem to take a hit to her as she stared me down with those lifeless purple eyes. She had so much beauty, a prized possession in that place. She had a God at her whim, an unique soul that in her own greed ripped a piece of her life into me.
Was I even asked for that job? Did I want what was forced into me?
No.
That day, she was just a black mane with a cream coloured mane, purple eyes, a small white spot on her nose, who liked to play with the animals in the forest. She wandered through the trees humming tunes and singing with the birds while Keitre walked beside her, never saying a word. Mother held the darkest secrets of all. In a few minutes time, the world knew of her dark secrets because of me. What did I happen to spill that day? Everything.
It was Samskeyti, Ziradric, Skyron, oh my only Uncle Skyron, her mental breakdown, everything. The bitch was going to be destroyed by her first born. Wasn't that my job?
The day after that, I was fast to leave, only said good-bye to Onsoun, Kandra, Skyros, and Adella. Never good-bye to Lunetta, Saffiatta Hecate, Keitre, Solovayna, Foster, no one.
Sikeax wasn't going to be raised that way. I'm not going to let her be me.
Her desperate cries got me moving, and in the dark we went to the Threshold together. She would move forward no more than ten feet, the glow radiating from her horn a constant reminder as of where my daughter had run to. I'd call in a soft motherly voice, and she'd return. My pace was slow, the leg requiring a few stops here and there. The break of open space ended when the trees came forth, and reminded me of my first meeting with Faelon and Ignita. Neither of them had cared to show their faces to me anymore, though I was never in any place to show my face to them.
Scents filled the air, and I was reminded of something. It was a special smell, reminding me of Saffiatta Hecate and Onsoun. My attention raised, jump-starting my senses to a more alert state. Things like to come and punch me in the face, and the Threshold seemed to be the place that it happened the most.
Whatever the scent was, it's combination reminded me of a sibling, or family. At first, I was overjoyed and was preparing myself for injury and heartbreak at the thought it might just be Skyros. However the Friesian stallion got himself to this place would puzzle me. A thing mostly ignored by the stallion though known by all those who met him, was a permanent limp. Saffiatta had told that when she was foal, Skyros was wounded in a battle between stallions that left him with a wound on his right should to the bone, a hole cracked into the shoulder blade. How he recovered without healers even existing, I'm not sure of. He just happened to have that special thing that kept him from getting killed. Having Skyros around might of brought me back to myself, the same girl who didn't take no one's shit. Well, I might just take shit and back talk from my siblings (except Zauji, he couldn't make an insult if he tried), and Sol, but no one else. Just seeing a black draft stallion with a black feather on his chest would make my heart burst.
My daughter was keen to my senses, and suddenly seemed frightened. I laughed at her, feeling for the laugh, but she recovered fast. She got the idea, and went on to investigate. If I was able to see through her eyes, things might of been easier. Though life would say no, and I couldn't.
It took me time to reach her again, and when I saw the sight, I could of died. Sikeax was staring up the blind mare, seeing to give no care. There was another mare there, already speaking. Sikeax made herself known to them both, saying her name and that she was the Doctor of the Assassins while I remained quiet. My mind was in shambles, confused and disorientated.
What?
What's going on?
Who is tha-
Hecatia Oer'Sour.
Saffiatta Hecate?
Nope.

The other mare was talking to my sister, and there had always been a sort of overprotectiveness in me. Onsoun had beat it into every single one of his 'princesses', which included myself, Hecatia Oer'Sour, and now probably their newest addition to the family. My mother would lose her ability to carry children soon, and the thought of their last child is something they'd always do.
Onsoun would obsess over that last kid like he did me as the first.
"YOU GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER. SHUT UP. LEAVE. NOW!'
My burst of anger frightened Sikeax, having already scrampered away from Hecatia towards me. Poor thing probably thought I was yelling at her. Later on, I'd have to apologize to her for yelling in front of her, but right now, this bitch is too close. Too close to my personal family, my baby sister.
"YOU GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SCUM. STAY AWAY MY SISTER.
Hopefully, Hecatia would recognize my voice, the aggression Onsoun had taught me and Kanai beat into me enough to know that I was there.
"Little sister, I've returned. Returned to become your eyes once more. Would you like to see the world again? There was trees that bring long shadows. Luna is high up in the sky, giving a milky colour to the world. Think of a colour that is bright, extremely bright. It burns to stare at it; they call that white. Soft the harshness of it, with a touch of gray. You can see gray when you think of a sad thing happening. Not like Samskeyti, no, but like seeing a creature pass on once it's lived it's life to the fullest, had the happiest days of it's life. Mix the colours together, and then bathe the world in it. It's soft light illumiates the land, objects almost glowing with it's colour. Oh sister, I wish you could see it. Would you like to see my daughter?"
My child stared at me in awe, as if I'd done something magical. Would Hecatia understand my words to see what I was seeing for her? Please little sister, I want you to know the beauty of the world. It means me of you, of how beautiful you are. Please, promise to stay here.

OOC: Here you go Derpy. I know I said this morning I wouldn't bring in Adri, but I went ahead and did that.
Ghost, I'm so sorry about Adri's reaction to Adalaide! All of their family is overprotective and Adri see's Hecatia as a thing that is extremely important. She doesn't mean any hard feelings.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Hecatia Oer'Sour

Sun has not risen? Hecatia was quiet for a few moments. It was a mare, that much she could tell, and she seemed kind enough for Catia not to shy away. "Company...Yes. I would like that." The distorted like eyes blinked and stared passed her. "I am Hecatia Oer'Sour. Often called Catia, if you wish to call me that." Her ears twitched and she took a few wary steps forward, however she halted for a quick moment when her hoof brushed a root. Avoiding the possible hazardous trip she took a different, and longer step. "What might I call you?" The head shifted towards where she had heard the voice though she didn't completely face her. Luck had gotten her this far, and perhaps this mare could help her get farther without any danger. "Sikeax. Beautiful, pleasure to meet you...doctor." It wasn't long when the random outburst of swearing and screaming caused Catia to take quick steps back and stumble lightly, scratching her leg on some unknown object. Adrixaura. Steadying herself as best as possible she let her sisters explosion pass, and words of what the world looked like float to her. Blue mishmash eyes closed, doing her best to think of what her sister had described. The mention of a daughter and her ears twitched, eyes snapped open and her head turned to where the voice of Adrixaura had been heard. She had a niece, what did she look like? Was she there now? Her attention was quick to go to Adalaide and apologize for her sisters behavior. "I'm sorry. Adrixaura has always been protective, our family has always been that way. And my sister has always been my eyes." Her unseeing eyes blinked and she looked up at the sky, trying to imagine the moon before looking for Adalaide and then her sister, or at least where she could only guess they stood. "Adri, apologize? Please." Taking a few steps towards one of them her knees came close to her chest. She could smell Adalaide getting closer than Adri and steered to the right. Hoping not to hit her or something.

"OOC: :) Shes so innocent like and my reply totally sucks, sorry.

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The mare in front of me was a pleasant one as I expected. She seemed mature of things and she appeared to handle things in an utmost respectful and delightful manner. She seemed to be calm when others would probably be ready to snap and yell. My point was proven when a bitch of a mare showed up; oh how big of a bitch.

"It's a beautiful name, Catia. Of course, it should be exchanged with my alias as well. I am Adalaide and it is a pleasure to meet such kind company in quite a rude world." The last part was directed at the speckled grey ordering me around like a peasant. Oh but you bitch, I was certainly no peasant and you were certainly no queen, nor should you ever be.

Either way, her words did nothing to faze me. It was much like a bull pawing the ground as a threat. I had faced those bulls all the time and likewise, the lowering of the horns that accompanied it. I had never blinked, I had never shied away, and this bossy nobody would not change that no matter the animal that actions had come from.

"No harm will come of Sikeax or this lovely lady. Continue to treat me with such tones as you are using, and I cannot promise the same. One would be foolish to treat potential allies like exhibited. At least I have the common decency to watch any and all foul language in front of such young company. Such young company that I have treated nicely when others were quite unwelcoming." My eyebrows had risen and fallen with every word, eyes turning stone cold and my voice turning to a crispy boom. A sound resembling thunder was rumbling in my chest, though it was unintentional. My eyes were narrowed.

My icy blue eyes were then directed at Sikeax and a real warm smile grew on my face. How could such a sweet and innocent child belong to a mother such as this? My warm voice poured into the air, much like a anti-pain ointment over a cut as I directed my attention at Sikeax. "It is a pleasure to see you again, Sikeax. Or should I say, recruiter in training." A friendly chuckle entered the air and a wink came from my face at Sikeax. Yes. Indeed, I was one of few that had treated the young doctor with a smile and encouragement that day.

I then looked at Catia with a smile and a genuine warm chuckle "No need for apologies when the speaker usually will not mean them. But yes, I do certainly understand." She took a step forward and my black mane moved with my head as it rose from its lowered stature and arched like my Friesian bloodlines demanded so every so often. My tall, 17 and a half hand stature stood firm and stout, muscles rippling with every movement my body made, from shifting my weight, to standing flat out equal and pronounced.

"Plus, being a mare like you, you seem very indeed capable of holding your own." It was a compliment in any and all ways and my tone of voice proved that. It was absolutely not a insult. "So with your family here, I suppose you have all the company you desire tonight, then, miss?" It was a question that depending on how answered, would be my cue to leave.
----------
Speak-Sit-Think
[[ooc: Quite alright Katie! xD]]
image credits

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Happiness. That was the tone that was carried on my sister's voice when she spoke, and I knew that the family had yet to get to her. If they were cutting wounds into her as they did me, I might of found it nicer that she came here. Yet, what was the true cause of her coming to this place. Her wanderings would of been difficult, and we all lost something on that journey. My daughter wasn't ever going to ever know the pain that comes with that journey. Myrsk was the main source of my pain, never the wounds inflicted on me. My only true best friend was dead because of me.
Hecatia, you don't even deserve me as a sister.
My pale blue eyes watched her as she tried to make a step, finally I extended a leg towards her, attempting to brush it against her hoof, and then using sound as my hoof was drug across the ground to show her a safer step. Sikeax stared before her attention went to Adalaide, where she smiled. I was given words that fell flat against my brick wall of a soul. Please, give me something to make me feel bad.
Words were spoken the soft voice that our mother always used for everyone of us, excluding me. Had the bitch died yet? Was Onsoun still alive? I had questions that only Hecatia was able to answer, both of us knew that my questions would be harsh. Family, what do we have now? The only family I ever considered biological is Onsoun, Csipek, Skyros, Adella, Zauji, and Hecatia Oer'Sour. What was it that my half-brother, Csipek, had done for me? Offer words of advice, that we were an unique species to each other. Ah yes, brother from my father.
I sigh, feeling the warmth of Birdsong in the air that tells me Spring isn't going to ever going to last forever, that Frostfall will return again.
Sister, daughter, forgive me. Please.
"Apologies." My eyes were slits, staring into the soul of Adalaide. Potential ally? What ally did she have to offer me and the Assassins? I had plans that will need to be done soon that will effect hundreds. "Sister, I have questions we need to go over. Is she dead yet? Don't ask me who, we both know who I speak of. Has their last child been born yet? Tell, is Zauji and everyone else fine, definately Father? Mostly importantly, has the bitch Nephilia dead? Has no one taken the revenge of his murder yet, or are we standing around like idiots in the dark?"
Sikeax's eyes are felt upon me, and when I look to meet their gaze, there's pain and sorrow in them. My heart could of broke, but Myrsk was sure to break it all when I blamed myself for his death. Hecatia needs to know, it's enough to let her know so that in pain, she doesn't have to ask for his place, and listen for his wingbeats. I could lie, saying he'd taken to his usual spot in my tail, but whenever he saw her when he was around, there was joy, ultimate endless joy when he saw the blind girl. For hours after we would have to part, mainly because the Moon called for my soul and body, or Kanai returned me, he would sing his song in pain. He was always wounded by the emotions I felt. Everything that little bird ever felt was my fault.
"Has Keitre, has he....... passed on? If I remember, he was old in age when I left. Myrsk, I lost him. He couldn't take the journey here. I still love him, and I know that he maybe even survived, he is missing all of us."
This time, my daughter is not paying attention to my sister and I. She stands close to the draft mare, laughing softly. Her emotions are so vague, but she feels each one with the pain of an elderly creature. Keitre would of taken time to treat her to take those emotions at a lower hit, to ensure she wasn't going to wound herself. He did the same with me, and now look at me. I'm a monster.
Her laughter is directed towards the other, carrying on. I can hear her voice as she speaks to her friend? The only friend I'm sure of that my daughter has is a filly named Amara. I've heard enough about the infamous filly that at some point, it'd be lovely to meet that foal. "Hmmm..... I don't think I'm in training anymore. I'm a fully trained recruiter! This is my Mom, you'll have to excuse her actions." Her words make me laugh, how she knows exactly how to cover my actions.
My mind is set on Hecatia going home with me, though would she like the idea of the Assassins? It's always worth a chance.
"Esou, please, come home with Sikeax and I. We'd love to have you in the family. I'll make sure you don't have to fight for your sake. Maybe you could heal with Sikeax?" Sikeax's eyes were on me, as if she was jealous over the idea of someone being a Doctor other than her. Little girl, settle down, please. I love you.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Hecatia Oer'Sour

"Thank you. My father wanted to name me after our mother and his companion wished to name me as well. Adalaide...I like that" Catia was careful to listen to her words, curiosity of this mare mostly driving her to listen even when she spoke to Sikeax. Her sisters dragging hoof caught her attention almost immediately. Safe ground. Following her sisters directions she reached her muzzle out to touch her, only she touched someone else. Nothing familiar. Who was it. Yanking her kind touch away she felt embarrassed. "Sorry." Questions to go over. Questions that don't need a real answer. "Adri, these are questions not meant for young ears, and answers as well. Answers you will get in time. When the child is not present." The kind voice turned serious and harsh. Catia's head turned to Adalaide when she mentioned holding her own. No. Not as much as it seems. Her question of company made her chuckle a bit. "No, company is always nice. Whether it be family or potential friends. Though if you wish to take leave you are welcome to do so." She could hear Sikeax talking and the word mom caught her. "Sikeax, niece, come here for a moment?" Was she scared of the distorted almost pupiless eyes in her cranium. She only wished to meet this filly, to touch her. Learn her scent and feel for any future meetings. Adrixaura's question made her face a decision she didn't want to face. "Adalaide, if I go with my sister is it possible to meet you again? Your friendship is valuable to me."

"OOC: attention span of a squirrel"