the Rift

Starts with One

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"Good Antheia, I'm pleased to see that your bright spirit hasn't diminished in these dark times."

There had been no mistaking Antheia's familiar voice when he had moved through the Threshold, his pace leisurely, almost as if he had been strolling through his very own home. He had come across the two mares completly by chance, lost in his own thoughts about how the Threshold had practically become a second home to him. Despite the darkness, Apollo was discovering that he was growing more familiar with the thick forests as the days passed, and how very often he found himself wandering through these trees. Even before his promotion as Chief of the Foothills, the painted stallion had frequented these woods, searching for lost souls who yearned for homes or a place to belong.

Their voices are what had attracted him, snapping him out of his silent reverie and drawing him closer to where the two mares had met one another. For a few moments he had stood in the darkness of the trees, watching and waiting for a good time to make himself known. While waiting, Apollo had surveyed the newcomer to the land, a unicorn like himself and pale like a blanket of newly fallen snow. She was bold and broad, and he wondered briefly if she was a fighter.

Stepping free of the treeline is when Apollo had spoken, regarding Antheia first. She was a friend, despite living in different herds and lands... He had been the one to find her in the Threshold, and he had lead her to the World's Edge, a herd that suited her well, by the look of things.

"Pardon my intrusion, ladies," he apologized, dipping his head towards the pale mare in a formal sort of greeting before turning to look at Antheia. "I hope you are well, sister, and that things in the Edge are well-met." Turning back to Artemis, his smile grew, but it was gentle. When he spoke to her, his words were soft, welcoming. "And a true pleasure to meet you, good Artemis. Are you well? My name is Apollo, and I hail from the Grey. I hope neither of you mind my eavesdropping; sounds carry like no other during these uncertain seasons."

"Allow me to welcome you to Helovia. Like good Antheia here, also allow me to extend to you an invitation to join me and my family." As he spoke, Apollo's head lifted higher, a sense of pride overtaking his vocals. Yes, whenever he spoke about his family, the Grey, pride did take hold. And why shouldn't it? The group was resiliant, steadfast in their ways. They relied upon one another, bled for one another... A family unit, through and through, brothers and sisters on and off the battlefield.

"I hail from a northern group in the herdland of the Windtossed Foothills, and serve a military group called the Grey. I serve them as one of their leaders, alongside a veteran mare named Ktulu. If it is a home, or at least a land of respite that you're searching for... I would be honored if you should so decide to accompany me back home."

Apollo gave a smile and continued speaking. "Some who join the Grey have previous knowledge of the fighting lifestyle and battles... But not everyone, like myself. When I joined, I wasn't certain what I wished to do with myself to help those who took me in... I served as a spy, and then a medic before being promoted to Chief, but I learned. The Grey will teach you all that you need to know."

[ooc: Sorry for the... Not very good post. XD]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-10-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-10-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Starts with One - by Apollo - 08-11-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Levi - 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Artemis - 08-11-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Starts with One - by Antheia - 08-11-2013, 05:11 PM