the Rift

[OPEN] From the shadows I come

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven

If the cold of the winter had not been enough, the sun was one day gone and the world was left in freezing darkness. At first she thought she had gone blind, but it felt as if she could see even though she could not. The cold was all around her, the wind biting together with the hunger that would soon come. Prey became more difficult to find; all rodents and the like huddling in their holes and she would gladly have done the same if she could. Though with little food and little warmth, she too soon went into hiding to save the energy for whenever the sun came back.

Another day, the darkness faded slightly together with the cold. Spring She could feel it in the air and when the moon pierced the darkness she was sure she could feel it caress her very heart. For a very long time, she had laid on a rock in the middle of the meadow and basked in the light of the moon. It was still cold from the lack of sun, but the moon at that moment was warming her spirit more than any sun had ever done. And thus began her travel north.

Going past World's Edge had been difficult. She wanted to stop, turn towards it and cross the borders. To find her way around her former home. But it was not home anymore. Home could be further north, so she ventured on before anyone got the chance to see her. Tired and hungry, she did not care. She rested when she could and ate whenever a prey crossed her path. Would the sun ever come back?

The smell of horses grew stronger again and she assumed she was close to the borders of the Basin. When the smells in the air and on the ground grew, she stopped and lifted her head towards the moon. A lonesome, calling howl sang from the throat. Someone was bound to hear it. If not those she was sent to seek, then someone who would most likely take her to them.

The wolf sat down on her haunches and looked around through the darkness. Her ears pointed where her eyes did not look, constantly moving with her head and her nose analyzed every breath she took. These were their lands and then knew the ways around. The last thing she wanted was to see one of those horns coming shooting out from the shadows towards her.

Raven

She started pacing back and forth. It was too cold to just sit there, still in the chilly air with the darkness around her. How long had she waited? Had the moon even moved in the sky? It was difficult to see. No hint of light at the horizon to tell the coming of day. Eternal night... Let it not be. Even if the moon was beautiful, life would die without the caress of the sun and it all would remain cold. Nothing to warm anything...

Was there no one around? Were they all in the other end of the territory? Huddled up somewhere together, not caring about the howl of some wolf off in the distance. Maybe they thought it was just one looking for its pack and they did not dare to venture out into the darkness. She stopped her pacing and listened to the silence, apart from the soft wind. She took a deep breath and shook herself, trying to fluff up her fur to warm more air within it. Right... If they will not come...

One paw touched the ground in front of her, as if she stepped over an invisible line. Then another paw, and another and soon she walked with the smell of the borders behind her. Trespassing. She did not like it, but it had caught the horses' attention before when she had first found the Edge. She did not walk too far into the territory, though. She kept a distance to the border on a couple of hundred yards. Another howl left her throat, hoping that some patrol nearby would get the idea of hunting the invading wolf off. Hopefully, she would get the chance to say why she was there and have the horse make a decision without trampling her to the ground first.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

The fae had been resting again, deep inside one of the caves. It was the cave closest to the Haruspex's, for she felt safer with the light pouring through the rocky cave. She heard a howl, splitting through the silence of the Basin. She ignored it, for it seemed farther off, nothing to worry about. Just a wolf, probably milling around in search for it's pack. Or maybe it was alone, calling to the moon? The fae ignored it, and dozed back off.

It must have been a little while later, because the fae heard the wolf thing again, but this time it sounded a little closer. Perking her ears, but keeping her eyes closed, she listened closer, trying to locate the howling. It was difficult from inside the cave, for the howling echoed a bit. Opening her lids to reveal her sparkling emeralds beneath, she slipped her roan bodice off the cold rocky ground, stretching briefly. She marched out of the cave, her split hooves clicking against the stone as she moved towards the location of the howl.

She started trotting, focusing on where she put her hooves as she migrated to the howl. Her tail waved behind her, her eyes flickering over the Basin, spotting a dark figure in the Basin. The border was obviously several strides behind the shadow, and she knew that this wasn't good. Something, or someone was trespassing. Approaching the shadow, she snorted. She narrowed her brows as she neared the thing. It was an odd creature, a wolf, but not. It had longer legs, a stranger body. It was not your common wolf. She looked at it, her gaze softening a little. "What business do you have with us?" She questioned. She was acting like she was higher in ranking when in fact, she wasn't. She was merely a yearling, trying to protect her home. She hoped a patrolling horse would pass by, one that could help her out, for she couldn't handle this... thing alone.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

[ just decided to throw frost in ^^ ]
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Raven

The wolf had started pacing back and forth on the spot again, but stopped when the sound of hooves reached her ears. She could smell it too and soon a dark shape could be seen moving through the darkness. She stopped, narrowed her eyes slightly and tried to seem relaxed while she at the same time was ready to move, should the horse attack.

As it came closer, Arathea could see the long horn. They were fascinating and at the same time worrying, as they were sharp and could do great harm. Though this horse did not seem too threatening when it came up and asked the question. Arathea hunched a bit and lowered her head in submission.

"She was sent here by Mauja, to seek out Psyche, Ulrik or d'Artagnan. She was once Warden of World's Edge when the unicorn lived there last year and Mauja has offered her to be Warden of the Aurora Basin now, should the others approve. She glanced up at the unicorn, one ear tilting backwards in a thoughtful manner.

"Maybe this one Ulrik would know. She thinks he would remember her from the Edge." Her head bowed again and she sat down on her haunches, but still ready to take off if things turned bad. Horses did not trust her, so she would not trust them to not more or less attack her on sight because she was not one of them. Not only that, she was a predator and it was enough for horses to do not listen to what she actually said.

She was sent by Mauja to seek out Psyche? Frowning, the fae didn't know what to say. Mauja or Psyche.... Mauja.. he was nowhere to be found... in the Basin at least. It was possible he had left them, gone off to roam somewhere else. Probably bored of us Basin unicorns. Ulrik or d'Artagnan? She had not meet Ulrik, but she had met d'Artagnan once or twice before. "I do not know where Mauja lurks at this time, nor do I know of Ulrik, but I may be able to call to Psyche or d'Artagnan. If you wish." She looked at the she-wolf creature, feeling bad for not knowing of Ulrik, or the location of the Frostheart. She frowned a little, trying to think.

Her Empress might arrive if she called, or possible the Nightshade. But she was worried that they may not respond, and they may just ignore her call. Shrugging, the fae decided she would call anyway. She lifted her muzzle to the stars, exhaling and inhaling before releasing her call. It was a loud neigh, one that echoed off the walls of the Basin, hitting her audits again and again as she stood there, her black muzzle still lifted to the sky.

She lowered her snout and her gaze, emeralds on the she-wolf. "That is all I am able to do right now. But while we wait, we might as well introduce ourselves, yes? I'm Frost Fyre, and you are?" She was only trying to be friendly, can't blame her for it. She smiled again, eyes bright. She waited for Psyche, d'Artagnan or Ulrik to arrive. She turned around, sweeping her gaze through the Basin, hoping a dark shape would move across the landscape, a sign that someone was answering her call.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits

@[Psyche], @[Ulrik], or @[d'Artagnan] :3 sorry this is so short. >.<
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Yes, Mauja had long since left their wintery home in search of a warmer climate, though the shadow-mare rather hoped that he would soon return to her side. It was an uneasy alliance that she led with several of her herd, those who were devoted to the icy king rather than the land they inhabited. If he did not come home, she was afraid that they might follow him and, seeing as many of his loyalists were also of the Plague, leave her helpless in her search for power. But this particular worry was neither here nor there, and had no real place in her mind on this day. This day - who was she kidding? To call this nightmare 'day' would be blasphemous.

She had become used to the darkness which was, in its own way, a blessing, for it allowed her to merge into the shadows in a very chameleon-like way. Of course, she had always had the gift of blending into the background once night fell, or in areas where the shadows were particularly dark and deep, but it had never been quite so easy as it was now, when daybreak never threatened and midnight never ceased. And so it was that she observed Frost Fyre's path to the pass which allowed entry into her realm and silently followed wishing to keep an eye on her young soldier.

The Empress was rather predisposed to dislike the lupine characters that inhabited the land of Helovia, having offered one a home not so long ago and being disappointed by his disappearance. However, she had long since learned that one could get more out of listening than immediate dismissal, and so she remained in the shadows until she was mentioned. With the perfect timing of the most skilled actress, the Lady stepped forth from the darkness and into the pair's sight. "There was no need to seek me out, my dear Frost, though your thorough patrol and call for assistance were very well done." She gifted the filly with a rare smile before turning her attention to the wolf.

"I am the Psyche, the Dark Empress, and Lady of the Basin. You say that Mauja has sent you, from the Edge?" she asked, curious through her suspicion. Well, that male wolf had been useless, but thus far Mauja had proven a better judge of character than she; if he had sent this creature here, then she may be useful yet. She tilted her head, auds pricking forward, and shifted her weight to rest her right hind leg. She sensed no aggression from the female, and would return the favor. "What is your name, she-wolf?"

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Raven

She tilted her ears back and forth and went through her mind after an answer, when the mare called out. Thea kept silent and listened to the sound echoing and it then seemed like the mare more or less had time to introduce herself when another shape appeared. Had it been there for a long time? Without her noticing? Well, the land was dark and it smelled of horse everywhere anyway.

Arathea watched the new mare, frowned slightly at the way she emphasized some of the words. She was then addressed herself and glanced up at seemed to be the leader. Psyche. So much to explain... "She was not exactly sent from the Edge. She lived there while it was held by the Unicorns a year ago, but got lost after it was invaded and taken over. This winter, she wound the young Voodoo south and he lead her to Heavenly Field where King Unicorn Mauja was. Since she had been Warden of the Edge, tasked to look over the forest, she was offered a place as Warden of the Basin. Mauja told her to seek out Psyche, d'Artagnan or Ulrik for permission to enter."

A slight shiver went through her body and she huddled up a bit, starting to get cold from sitting still in the nightly air. She greatly hoped it was warmer in the summers, and that the area had some warmer places than this. When she was asked about her name, she dipped her head in a short bow to Psyche. "Her name is Arathea, Lady Empress Psyche." Her eyes traveled between the two mares. "It is a pleasure to meet you both."

Raven
((*nudges*))

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

My eyes are glazed over, a trail of blood following close behind. With my flank ripped, skin hanging and my front left cornet band slashed deep. I limp along, not knowing where I am. I stumble, nearly falling over what seems a small twig. I can hardly see, the world around me spinning in circles, nothing but a large blur. My clefts search for someplace that has hard ground, clanking against the rocks every now and again. Oh, where am I? What has happened? Why is my body failing me?

Suddenly, my front legs give out, and I drop to my knees. I feel my knees rip open as I land on many small rocks. All that escapes my kissers is a muted shriek. I am in so... Oh so much pain. My body seems like it is dying, but my mind is still alive. The pain I endure every second of this hellish state is one I can do nothing but try to bare. Here I am alone. Laying on my right side, my flank heaving as I struggle to breathe. My whole body is sent into a shivering state, a convulsion. Another shiver, one after another. Until my body can't stop. I plead myself, I plead anyone silently to help me. I try to speak, blood starting to bubble from my kissers. I open them, blood staining the soil, and let out the loudest shriek that I can handle. It causes me serious pain... How did this happen? Will I survive? I desperately need help... I can feel myself fading....

{ Harmony needs help, she's dying! ): }
@[Arathea] @[Psyche] @[Frost Fyre]

Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1

Her Empress was there in a shimmer of black, her amber eyes flickering in the night. Watching her, the fae listened as she praised her, a rare smile upon her lips. Bowing her, head, the fae lifted it, a smile placed on her own lips. She turned to the she-wolf as Psyche spoke to her, asking her who she was. The she-wolf labeled herself as Arathea. "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Arathea." The fae dipped her head, horn lowering slightly as she did so. Lifting her gaze, the fae let her green emeralds scan over the Basin.

There!

She squinted, spotting a stumbling shape in the distance. It was a brownish color, but there were dark red wounds lining the frame. Crimson glittering in the light, smeared across the figure. "Lady Pscyhe?" She turned to her, confused. This was no Basin member. The light revealed the truth, the horn that marks every Basin member was not visible on the bleeding horse. The fae moved forward only slightly, trying to get a better look at the shape. She was close enough to see there was no horn, but just barely. "It appears we have an equine in our land." The fae looked back at the dark Empress, brows narrowed. Equines were not permitted inside the Basin, and the fae knew very well they were not. She looked back at the bloody equine, brows narrowed. She didn't want to do anything until Psyche gave her orders, for she didn't want to do anything unnecessary. She kept her green eyes on the coal black mistress, her leonine tail flickering as she gazed at her.

Opening her lips, the fae asked her final question. "What shall we do?" She knew that healing the equine was no option, nor was letting it spill equine blood on their land. The equine was soiling the land with its tainted blood. Maybe they could end the equine's suffering now? The Fates may slack, so you must cut the string yourself. This is a merciful thing to do, but the colder Basin members might wish to 'play' with this little soul before she's released.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes