the Rift

Detox

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I wasn't hitting the Threshold like it was an addiction. I just liked meeting new people, getting to see people that came in. I mean, someone of the people I met here are interesting. Most of those from herds are natural jerks, and I don't take too much to them. I want to make friends, to bring home members so that Mom and I aren't so lonely. It's nice to be out when the warm air is out and about, when the Moon makes sure I'm safe.
I live literally in the moment here. That there is a big thing for me, but I love it. It puts a lightning bolt through my veins, awaking me as if I've been asleep for the longest of times.
My head was lowered. my mouth enclosing around grass. Mom's milk isn't always getting me somewhere, and I don't care much. Grass needs to be eaten, and everyone though it's got a funny taste, I guess I might be able to like it. Something moves in the trees, causing me to be surprised. No, I'm not frightened. Nothing is scaring me as I wander through these tall trees. Who could scare me now?
Curiousity was dragging me forward, and gladly I went with a skip in my step. A soft tune hummed about in my mouth, the glow from my horn illumiating the world around me. In my happy state, I stepped on a twig, the sharp 'SNAP' breaking silence. A chill goes down my spine as a loud thump shakes the earth, almost knocking me off my small hooves. The pale blue eyes my mother adorned me with caught the sight of something big.
Really, this thing I'm seeing right is huge. I always thought of Mom as something pretty big, but as I stared, almost in complete awe, at this horse. He had to be as tall as some of the trees here, and the thought of if he'd see me when I walked up to him bothered me. If there was another incident like when Uncle Tonka rolled over on top of me and squished me, there was no way I was ever going to be normal again. I would be a Sikeax pancake.
Starlight twinkled over his large body, and from my veiwing point, I watched him go into a bag on his shoulder. What was in there? Would it be rude of me to ask? I just, well, sort of want to know. He might be running low, and maybe I could help him find some more. It couldn't exactly be that difficult, could it? It's worth a shot.
My height compared to his would make this awkward for the both of us, but to get his attention for us, I squeaked. I wasn't angry, it was just a squeak to get his attention. Sometimes that little noise that has followed me from birth is useful, and secretly, I like it. Tonka laughed at me when I used it at him, only because he had squished me. If my squeak didn't get his attention, then maybe my voice would. Or my glowing horn. The pale blue light was enough for me to see his leg, where I stood. He was soooooo much taller than me, and if he didn't see me, then I'll probably be heartbroken.
Please, no more jerks. Please.
"Excuse me, uhm, hi! I'm Sikeax, Doctor of the outcast group called the Assassins. Please don't judge us by our name, we're actually a group set on making sure others shall receive justice when they cannot get it themselves. Do you need some help, and can I have your name? Maybe.... I could help you refill your bag if you would like. Also, please don't step on me. I'm small."
The voice that came from me was soft and sweet, a young smile on my face. What if he does squish me just because I was short? Well, I never seem to get the best of life, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Detox - by Oxy - 08-12-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Detox - by Sikeax - 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Detox - by Oxy - 08-13-2013, 02:53 AM
RE: Detox - by Sikeax - 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: Detox - by Agrona - 08-13-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Detox - by Oxy - 08-14-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Detox - by Agrona - 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: Detox - by Oxy - 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM