the Rift

[PRIVATE] Got Stars At Night To Guide Us

Sol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sol
I'd Follow You To The End Of The World

Stars, the Moon. Its all that's left The sun was something he, oddly, missed. It had owned him in his previous home. He had been named for the sun, the sun had been his parent. The mare who had bore him would be his guardian and so would the stallion, but they were never of actual blood. Not after he was two. That damn ball of fire had claimed him then, taken him in his sleep and locked him up like a rabid dog with a damn necklace. Keeping him in a personal hell. He slept nights peacefully but followed the sun in the morning. Never staying in one spot. He had been lucky to find Miriam who accepted his vanishing and returning if he ever could. He was lucky she had been stubborn enough to follow him. But his luck with the sun ran out when Miriam was pregnant and he neglected following the damn thing. She couldn't keep up with him all the time, every day. It had been his fault she and the filly died. He hadn't left that day and in some sick version of revenge they both died. Burned on them was a sun. The damn thing had killed what normality he had. But it set him free in some ironic twist. He had no repercussions if he didn't bow to the globe like it was his saviour, his god. So he had stayed there. A silent vigil, always facing away from what so easily corrupted him, at his families gave. Years passed, they felt like centuries, and a cocky cresent moon showed up. And touched what was left of his soul and heart. What had been left of a kind, loving stallion. Taught him new life, stayed with him and then left. Returned, and then left. Over and over again until she finally did vanish. Leaving him alone, a gold stallion in a suddenly very dull green scenery. His dull green scenery was now dark, black with hints of blue. The moon and stars above. Sol had done what Sol does best; stay antisocial. Meeting others usually caused a reaction of impatience, jackassery, fights, and other nasty things. And he promised Aura to play nice. So he was, he was playing nice with the ice. Or an animal that happened to pass by in the distance. No it wasnt really about the fights, it was about disappointing Aura. And perhaps that fear was now appearing at its worst. He'd heard about Sikeax and had briefly seen her once in the distance when she was asleep and he was with Adrixaura. But had never approached her. They would be introduced one day, and he left the choosing of that day to Aura. He was grateful that it was also after Sikeax had met her father, known of him, spent time with him. All of the necessary things for a healthy family relationship. Something he had learned from the stallion who raised him was family was important. Whether near or far. Biological or not. The gold horse didn't expect to be welcomed and loved openly by the foal. He didn't expect to be liked either, but he would welcome her openly despite that. Staring at the stars for what seemed like forever he could see the white shape of Adrixaura in the distance and the smaller shape of the filly.

"OOC: Reserved for Adrixaura and Sikeax. Dun dun dun what shall happen? We'll find out once Candy posts and Paul stops overheating, bye now "

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

What kind of mother am I? Sikeax..... My daughter..... My little girl, oh how it must of hurt her when I returned. The wound Thor placed upon my right hind cannon was still bleeding as I dragged it through the mush. Birdsong came at the wrong time for me, leaving travel more difficult than it had been when it was Frostfall. Snow and mud had mixed together to make the worst of creations, making it impossible to carry my leg. The wounds upon my shoulders were never bad. Bleeding had ended there, and I found myself lucky.
So lucky. Lucky that I wasn't like Skyros.
My grandfather was a proud man. When you looked upon his strong stature, it was in his eyes, the black quilt that was padded and torn with endless scars. His mane was thick, wavy, a never-ending mass of black. I only saw his eyes a few times, their deep brown gaze telling the stories of a war hardened soldier. I worshiped that man. I wanted to live with him at that seaside place, in the thicket of trees that carried animals beyond my wildest dreams. When my mother brought me there, I spent most of time trying to play with Hecatia, my blind little sister. The bay child had been born without the use of her eyes, and I took on a sister's greatest challenge.
I became her eyes.
Each day with the filly was spent playing with her, giving her stories, telling her of the world around and of my adventures. How was I not to keep the bad from her? She wasn't ever to know of Kanai. I didn't have the heart to tell the most innocent possession in my life at that time that I wasn't always around because he was keeping me from her. It would break her small heart. She wasn't to know of the concentration camp I lived in with that man, where the night Kanai and I met, on that beach in the winter, I was blindly brought to his home. Just for the night., I'd tell myself, and then he presented me. Presented me like a prized possession, waved me in front of his loyal followers like I was the greatest thing they'd ever seen. My escapes were so easy, and he always came back for me.
Hecatia wasn't ever going to know I saw him killing countless, endless amounts of souls, just to gain my affection. How was death to ever fill in my affections?
Adze was the first to ever seem to care, and with my still young self, I liked him. No, not like I like Sol. Like a crush. I spent so much time with him, unaware of his obsession for me. For what? My fucking soul. I neglected to ever that care he was a vampire, a special type of vampire who had a knack for souls. My soul was unique, god-like but not a God, a spirit. His obsession with it kept him around me, my curiousity of the black stallion who wore a blue glowing jewel as a necklace keeping me there. Some how, his attention spand for me ended, and Kanai returned me home.
The process repeated with Luciferius, yet this time, he was the idiot fish who bit the baited hook I'd cast. He wanted me, and I was dying for escape. He kept me, and whenever I grew tired of that one, bye bye. I ditched him somewhere, and started running. Myrsk would spend the days in my tail, nestled in at his favourite spot while I hummed soft tunes to him. I would ask questions, and though we didn't share a language, the years I spent with him allowed me to understand him. We were surely free when Kanai returned.
Apparently, Kanai was in love. Love. Love. Love for me. He needed me for sanity, you could tell at that last day. He was falling apart, no longer the proud King he was before. He chased me down himself, taking scouts and looking for me. He found me, and his stupidity made him lose me for good.
It only took a promise to bring a King to his knees.
Sol came at an unneeded time, the bond with my mother strained, the one with Onsoun stronger than ever. Onsoun was special, he understood me. That was why I could call him Daddy instead of Duite. Sol was like Saffiatta and myself, sharing the living purpose. It was my own species that killed me, and I was intent to kill them all. Even Myrsk, as carefree and calm as he was, took hate to the golden stallion. Things turned strange, and like Ebony and Ivory, we were in love.
At that time, I wasn't looking for love. I was already gone, gone for this place. Roy came along, and the foal that walked beside me with her unusual silence was the reminder of that night. Of Kanai.
I stumbled in the snow, almost falling to my knees as my leg screamed hate at me. Sikeax went to my aid, the attempted bandage and moss pushed underneath was all she could do for my wounds. She stuck to me like glue suddenly, and the use of her glowing horn was nice. She talked once, asking me where we were going. I could only answer one word.
Home.
My pale blue eyes went to the Moon, her milky glow bathing us in soft light. Stars blinked and winkled to us, questioning me if I was alright. A smile slipped over my face with silence, telling them I'd make it. Sia's eyes were upon me, and when I spotted to return her gaze, she looking at me for reassurance.
"I'm fine, Sia. What's wrong?" When I speak to her, my voice falls soft and steady, moving like the winds of over the seagrass field below Skyros's home. There is a look of pain in her eyes, the same as my own except with gray flecks. What glow comes from her horn shows the distress upon her face. My heart is slowly breaking with her pain. It may exist as a black flame, but there is a part of me that allows her and Sol in, a place that was filled with Myrsk, Keitre, Kandra, Hecatia Oer'Sour, Onsoun, Skyros, and Adella once. They're all gone, and who I have now have to burst to make themselves fill in the hole left by the ones left behind. Sikeax does it too well, and slowly, she is killing me.
"Mom, what was your Mom and Daddy like? What was it like for you before I was born?" The amber champagne filly I've birthed shots me. Shots me with the gun I created myself, the bullet I forged with manipulation, hate, and abuse striking me in my chest. The flame, it burns out.
"Well, Sia, life where I was born is strange. My mother was part Angel, and you already know the story of Skyros and Adella, my mother's parents. Skyros fought in a war he never spoke of, though you'll never know him as he has passed from old age." LIE. LIE, ADRI. HOW DARE YOU LIE TO YOUR DAUGHTER?! Skyros died in his own shattered head when THEY killed Adella! The thought surges through my head, and it's impossible to stop the tears. Having pulled myself back up, I let those tears fall, letting myself trick my child. What kind of mother I am?
"Adella died in a way I never knew. My mother was extremely beautiful where as the Gods would stare upon her, and beg for her. She fell for a God named Onsoun, who controlled the Air. Onsoun had a companion named Kandra, who used to be able to shapeshift while my mother, Saffiatta Hecate, had an Artric Fox named Keitre. Keitre was never any fun, and when I was your age, he and Kandra were always in charge of watching me. Kandra let me have fun with my companion, Myrsk, who was a Blue Jay. Keitre, on the other hand, would run around yelling, 'Miss Adri, please, stay in the Forests. Miss Saf worries for you, and it's best you not get hurt or run away.' I never cared. He was always an old fart, like your Uncle Tonka. A laugh fell from me at the thought of Tonka being like Keitre, something I'd pay to see. Sikeax giggled with me, happiness falling out of her.
Finally.
"I was the first born, but my parents had many children after me. Hecatia Oer'Sour was right after me, a bay girl who was born without the use of her eyes. It broke my heart, so I took on the challenge of seeing the world for her. I became her eyes, told her what was around us. After her, was a colt who I never knew, and then twins. Onsoun, he passed away before the twins. The colt was born looking like him, so we named him Onsoun II. The filly, oh Honey, how do I explain this to you?" Yes Adri, how do you explain to your daughter what stillbirth is?
"Samskeyti, the filly, she wasn't born like you were. She wasn't born like me, or anyone you see now. Sia, there are accidents that happen when a Mommy carries her baby. Skeyti, she didn't grow right. Honey, when you're older, I promise I'll explain to you what happened to little Skeyti, okay? Skeyti is special, and she was so beautiful. Each time I look at you, I'm reminded of her, You look like her, Dear. She had a silver colour, but her colour was the same as your's. Her eyes were silver. I loved her so much, but love can't always make things perfect."
Sikeax seemed bothered by my words, her gaze looking at me with pleading eyes. I knew she wanted to know about her family, but no. Samskeyti was a dark secret. Every family's got a dark secret, and Samskeyti was that one secret. "Now, the world is magical. Magic brought Onsoun back. My parents had a son, named Zauji. Zauji, well, he's a strange one. A very handsome man, but I think I'll always see him as a boy. He used to be skittish, a prankster, and ran from things. After his birth, I left. Myrsk passed away, and I miss him so much."
No more. I couldn't tell her no more. She would learn more in time, when I could trust her with things. Whenever she grows older, when her mind is strong enough to understand everthing, I shall tell that that Samskeyti was stillborn. That life doesn't ever have enough room for everyone, and poor Skeyti was one of those sad few who got the wrong end of life.
A sigh parts from me, disguised with a groan that is all too real. Moss that was placed in the wrap of leaves my child made to cover my leg had shifted, taking with attempting to heal flesh. My daughter looks to me, asking if I am fine. I lie to her with a smile, and she lies back to me with a giggle. We are too much the same.
While I keep moving, dragging my leg upon the ground, she stops. The abrupt halt causes me to turn my head around to check on her, and there, I may see the fear and fright that terrorizes her face. She stares forward, and when I look to the same direction as her, see a gold figure in the night. I know the figure as Sol, he alone becoming a blast from the past that brings the conversation before even stranger. Today shall be the day that Sikeax finally meets Sol.
"Come on, Sikeax. I know them. They shall be fine." At first she remains slow, fear making her legs shake with each step. Laughter moves through my thoughts, and I motion with my head for her to pick up the pace. She does as she is asked, and moves with me. We reach him in good time through the grunge I must face with the wounds.
He stands proud, eyes elsewhere. Sikeax is interested, I watch as she moves towards him like a stray dog who is uncertain of a hand filled with food. "Sikeax, this is Sol, my mate. He's fine, dear. Sol, this is my daughter, Sikeax." Almost instantly, she gives me a look. The look questions me as of why Roy isn't my mate and why this man has to be my mate. I can't help but laugh before she smiles to him, glowing horn falling over the stallion's chest.
Oh yes, the child surely loves this one.......

Image Credits

Unregistered

Sol
I'd Follow You To The End Of The World

She's hurt A ache throbbed in his heart when she was close enough that he saw her injury. His gold like eyes shifted to Sikeax though when she was introduced. "Miss Sikeax." He bowed his head to the filly and smiled. "I have heard a lot about you, and am joyed to meet you." Looking at Adrixaura, terrified that he would screw meeting her daughter up. His eyes flickered to the patched up wound on her and he frowned, seeing her in pain pained him. The gold brown eyes turned to Sikeax and he motioned to the wound with his muzzle. "Did you fix that?" He could only imagine that she did it, with the way Aura usually brushed injuries off he was sure she was the only one who could possibly get away with it. His eyes stayed on the wound and grew painfully worried. He'd find out who hurt her, but right now he was determined not to make a bad impression on Sikeax. An explosion of worry and anger would not help him in his hopes of the filly liking him. It was important to both him and Aura that she like him, it painfully important to him. She was Aura's daughter and his step-daughter. He would care and protective as he would any of his own children, so her opinion of him mattered deeply. Enough to worry him into a slight sweat on his forehead. He looked up at Aura and smiled, hoping to reassure both himself and her.

"OOC: Well this reply just sucks "

Unregistered

I could stand there for hours with them, the winds beating us with snow and the stars staring upon us with curious eyes. My body shook, pain shotting through my leg and shoulder with each shake. The Arch was just over there, if only we could reach over there, life would be easier, and we would be out of the elements. We'd be at home.
Calling the Arch home was a painful thought for me altogether, remembering the amount of homes I carried in the past. Sikeax would know this place as home for all her life, unless we were able to invade the Edge and take it over. That was our goal, and there were plans already in motion to succeed that goal. Sol knew nothing of it as far as I knew, though sooner or later he'd have to get the idea. We're aren't a peaceful group of outcasts neighboring a home where everyone who lives there is partically racist. No, we are a band of outcasts with a goal in mind, taking every measure to reach that goal. We shall not fall, and if my mate wasn't willing to help achieve that idea, then I was willing enough to let him sit back with Sikeax and help her goals.
My thoughts went unknown to the pair as my golden man spoke to my glowing child. Sikeax took to him like she did with most newcomers, quiet and sutle at first, saying words in a soft voice in polite manners. Whenever she went to warming up to you, then it seemed as if she changed. If you got to know her, and most did get to that point pretty fast, she was a joyful, young creature that was full of life with a fearless soul. Growing up seemed something strange to me, but Frostfall had already ended. She was almost ready to be weaned, and at an earlier point, I'd seen her attempting to graze. Do all mothers face this one fear of their child leaving their side? When she would leave, I'd be sure to make sure that Sol was there to replace her with another. I didn't wish to become like my mother, pregnant as soon as the child before was weaned, instead getting to sit back and relax between pregnancies. A child between Sol and I would only happen once or twice as far as I cared.
Sikeax stood still beside me, the dark blue base hairs of her tail curly and ruffled with their new growth. In her face, I could tell that she wasn't all for just being called 'Miss Sikeax'. I commonly called her Sia, and she seemed to take to it well. Her face was made up awkwardly, showing a bit of her stubbornness and unwelcomed feeling towards being addressed as 'Miss'. The laugh that split from me couldn't be stopped before she squeaked.
Squeaking had always been my daughter's way of making sure others knew that she was there, and a hell child at the moment. Our first days together were in the Foothills when on that snowy night, her first noise was, yes, a squeak. The squeak would be something I'd always remember her by. A surge of squeaks errupted at her until Sol asked her about the dressing on me. There wasn't much that could be done about the bite marks on my shoulder, or the torn chunks of my mane, hair would grow back in and skin would cover the wounds. My daughter's expression to the question was a confused one, but her face lit up.
It wasn't that her face wasn't always lit up, the pale blue glow that came from her horn reminded me of her father constantly, but it was lit up with expression at this moment. I chuckled, feeling joy and contentness only when my child was beside me. "Umm....... yeah, I did, Mr. Sol. Mom went on business to this jerk of a guy named Thor, and then came back with these wounds. Sometime soon, I'm going to find him and I'm going to -"
Squeak.
The amount of laughter that burst from me could of knocked me off my hooves and into the snow, but I knew Sol would get the idea that Sia had a lot to learn about getting her voices done. When we returned home after our time in the Foothills, all she ever did was talk. Talk like crazy only because on the way home she discovered her voice. Most of it was used to call Tonka and I around like we were her slaves. Hopefully with Sol around, she would take more kindly to harassing him like Tonka and I got work done.
"Sia squeaks when she gets a little too angry. It's her way of telling us she's angry at us. But yes, this is my daughter, and the Assassin's greatest little Doctor yet, Sikeax, though we all call her Sia. Sia, this is my mate, Sol. Sol comes from the place I was talking about. We lived in the same land together, and Sol followed me here when I left. Sol doesn't have to be your Dad, not like Roy, okay, Honey? Sol will just be your step dad, like your dad that isn't your Dad."
My words confused her for a moment, her blank expression worrying me. She stared as the grey flecks in her eyes sparkled in the moonlight's wave. At some point, she relieved the stress off my soul, and spoke. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but at least she spoke.
"MOM!!!!! IT'S COLD. Can we please go home? PWEASE. IT'S SO COLD." I shook my head, the missing locks of my black mane playing an awkward placement upon my head and neck. My eyes went to meet Sol's golden ones for a mere second before taking a few steps with a sigh. The leg was dragged slightly as I attempted to signal the way to the caves. Once inside, we could talk and try at being a family.
That is, if Sikeax is willing.
Image Credits

Unregistered

He could see that she didn't like the 'Miss' When she confirmed his suspicion of her doing the patch work he nodded. You are very good at that. He attempted to ignore the name but it burned in the back of his head. Thor... The explanation of her squeaking made him chuckle, he didn't exactly ever really laugh. The attempt of explaining what Sol was made him shift in an uncomfortableness. His eyes shifted to Aura and he touched her muzzle gently after she mentioned him following her. And I would again A rare smile could be seen on his lips. Sikeax's outburst of being cold made his honey gold coloured eyes flicker to her quickly. When Adrixaura began to move towards the caves the gold head touched her neck. Lean on me. You shouldn't be putting too much weight...right doctor?He looked over at Sia, hoping for backup to talk the stubborn Aura into leaning on him and taking the weight off of her injured leg. So Sikeax, what do you do for fun? God don't let me screw this up The last thing he wanted was a filly out to get him for some reason unknown. His honey coloured eyes found each injury on Aura and he frowned each time. I'll find him. I'll find who did this. The annoyed snort escaped his nostrils, his snort was a quiet one. Keeping anyone but himself or possibly Aura from hearing it. He didn't want to upset Sikeax. She already seemed to have a bit of distaste for him.
Image Credits

Unregistered

I had always raised my child to ensure the best of manners, to make sure that when the Assassins as a whole were frowned upon, Sikeax could be a brick wall on the road to their beliefs. Here, she wasn't always that. Her pace was heavy, legs picked up in a high wait through what mush the snow was creating. Sol attempted to speak to her, receiving a faint smile on her glowing face. My face carried a heavy lack of emotion. I am becoming a rag doll at the point that it needs to be restitched, and the one who knows how to do it is long gone.
There was a feeling of uncomfortableness from Sol, falling off him as I straggered past to chase my child. She wasn't yet swallowed up by the winds and snow, but when I called her name, she stopped abruptly and stared me down. From afar, I could easily tell I had betrayed her. Had she not paid enough attention to how Roy and I acted around each other to understand the idea that we just didn't like each other? Time was going to be cruel when it came to accepting her step father. She accepted Tonka with almost perfect glee, proud and happy to know that he was her Uncle. What had I done wrong with my mate at this time. A mental knife went through my chest, and Sikeax stabbed me again with hurtful emotions. I am never going to be good enough for this child.
Sol offered me to lean upon him for balance, I gladly took. The weight on my leg was driving me crazy, and when my wounded shoulder brushed his, the pain was light and airy as it went through my nerves. My body is growing immune to pain. I'll be a monster before long if it keeps this way. Sikeax came back to us, staring at Sol with unknown thoughts before coming upon my other side and pushing me towards the cave. It didn't take long for us to reach home, the Moon and stars watching us with careful eyes. Please, Goddess of the Moon, let her like him. For the sake of everyone, please let Sikeax accept Sol. My thoughts brought no calm to me when Sol's voice fell again, speaking to Sia. I could care less if he spoke to me or not, for just getting into the caves was welcoming.
"Well.... I like to go on adventures. I have a best friend named Amara who lives by the sea, and we met the night the sun went out and the moon disappeared. The whole night we told each other stories, and when I woke up, there wasn't a Moon or any stars. A while back ago, Daddy and I met up and he brought me home. I really miss him. Sometime soon, I want to hit the beach with Daddy and go swimming, that is if he ever comes back around."
It is well known a child can break a mother's heart, and I felt that night as if I wounded my daughter beyond repair when she said if he ever came back around. Partically, it was Roy's and my fault that she was lacking him in her life. The Foothills brought new hell into my aggressive ways, causing me to be more out for revenge on Knox. Roy never came to rescue me when my herd tried their best to rescue Tonka and I. Life was a bitch, and I fear letting Sol know the true cruel things I've faced in this place. Knox had placed a sure reminder on my brain that no one gives a shit about who you are, if you're pregnant or not, and what you could do.
A quick stumble made me fall, bringing me down to the ground. The cave entrance wasn't too far, not far enough that if I got back up and took a few more strides, we'd be home. Sikeax went to pulling on my mane as I attempted to regain my balance. The pain was enough to make me go on, but when I could get back up, it seemed as if I just needed to lay back and die. Maybe I do, maybe I need to die right in front of my daughter and mate, just to let them know that I give up.
But I can't. This is my family, and I'm not going to fail them. Who would ever forgive me if I did?
My might was weak, and when Sikeax pulled on my mane again (not tearing out locks like Thor had done, thankfully), I slipped my legs under my body and pushed. Standing came awkward, and when I got half way up, well, opps. Sia sort of knew how to place herself in bad places, and I ended up landing on top of her. An endless amount of squeaks burst from her, showing the rage that she was putting out. I laughed, adding insult to injury to her. Like it was going to ever bother her. At one point, I remembered her complaining about Tonka rolling over on top of her. She was small, and I was going to make sure that my baby was going to be driven crazy as a kid.
For sure.
Image Credits

Unregistered

Sol could feel the pain radiate off of Aura. Both physical and emotional. He could also tell that Sikeax seemed to be hurt as well. When Adrixaura returned to lean on him he carefully pressed his muzzle against her cheek and smiled. The honey coloured eyes staring into her blue eyes. It'll be okay...I love you Aura. And I'm sure Sikeax will accept that in time. From the corner of his eye he could see the horned child returning to help her mother. His ears twitched as he listened to her example of fun. I see. Well perha- The word was cut off when Aura fell and when he lurched forward to catch and help her. While Sikeax tugged at her mane he slid his head under hers to help her balance. Half way through standing she fell on Sikeax who began to explode with squeaks, he couldn't help but laugh with Adrixaura as he began to help them both up. With his head by Adrixauras he could see the pieces of mane and skin missing. I'll find this Thor Aura. It was a low whisper, meant to be heard by only the speckled mare. His eyes shifted to Sikeax and he gave a questioning look as to if she was okay. Looking at her pained him, would his daughter have been as beautiful as this child? Would she have been like her mother or like himself? He could feel a few tears welling in his eyes. His eyes shifted to the cave just steps away. Do you think you can make it Aura?

Actions
Speech
Image Credits

Unregistered

His words were soft in my ear, bringing a relaxed state to my soul. "I love you too, Sol. Sia is just unsure as of you. Roy means a lot to her." My eyes go to her while my whisper is carried to my beloved. She speaks no words, and when I fell, he was there to attempt to help. His help almost got me to my hooves, the hind leg causing more pain than I needed at that time. My daughter tries, and when Sol comes too close to her, she steps back away from him. I'm wounding my daughter, I know it. Sol isn't good enough for her, and all she wants is Roy. Roy, the stallion who got me pregnant in just a short fling. What kind of mare am I? When the Gods return, I shall speak to my worshipped and ask her for advice. Whether she can help or not, it would bring some rest to my soul.
When laughter falls from both of us, Sikeax's eyes are full of flames. She isn't the type of child to ever go on with things, definately when it involved her, but what I going to say to her? I extend my muzzle out to her, when she pulls away, I simply smile. The favour is returned, and hopefully some time from now Sol will bond enough with her for her to have the same stubborn actions towards him. I know too well in my heart he may never reach that point. Her father is too much a part of her life, and I seem to be messing it up for her. She snorts to me while I give her a soft nicker. She gets the idea pretty fast, and comes over only to push her side upon my own while I stand. He becomes a good leverage point and I attempt to bring myself up near him. This task isn't as painful, and when my balance is regained, Sikeax only frowns at me.
The wrap she placed upon my right hind cannon had torn, and was partically falling off. Her actions are slow and steady as she takes off the wrap, the moss placed underneath simply fell off into the snow and was blown away in the winds. I didn't care for it now, it had turned meaningless. Any animal would lose interest in it the moment it smelt blood upon it, and would just ignore it. Again, it lacked it's life purpose as of now.
I was questioned, asking if I would make home. My reply is a nod in silence, followed by limping towards the cave. Sia walked behind me, head near my right flank. Her pace went with my own, and the moment a single black hoof touched the floor of the ice caves, she shot in, ready to find something to do other than sit around with us 'boring adults'. My body slipped down this time, moving slow with a purpose. Rest seemed so far off, though when my body was able to touch the floor, I could do nothing more but sit back and relax. Eyelids seemed so heavy, and without a single complaint, I let my eyes close. Sikeax's hooves play soft drums across the floor, telling me exactly where she was at. She was near her herbs, searching through them from something. Always searching for something.
There was thump in the darkness, and I heard her squeal. It wasn't as if she wasn't freaking out, but another squeal came from her before she resulted in a barge of anger and hate at something.
"Get out of there! Mine! MINE. GET OUT. MY HERBS. Shoo!" I opened my eyes only to see her dancing near her herbs, seeing a small mouse fly out of the stack. I could do nothing more but laugh, before she groaned and a mouse went straight out into the cold. She didn't have to be so mean over the issue of having an animal in those herbs, they were only hungry, but I understood her hatred for having them get in there. Sol caught my sight before she came over to us, clearly annoyied by those mice. "Mom, they were in my herbs. In MY herbs."
Right now wasn't the time I wanted to spend fighting with my daughter over the issue of those mice. For now, it's parenting 101 for Sol, and nap time for me. My eyes closed, blocking out the world. Ah yes, sleep..
Image Credits

Unregistered

Roy should mean a lot to her She wasn't very happy with him. Of that he was sure. Helping Adrixaura into the cave with Sikeax wasn't hard but it was uncomfortable with the child boycotting him. Entering the cave he watched the splatter pelted filly shoot away from them and Adrixaura slide down to the ground. He settled himself on the ground by her. Blocking the entrance and the cold that could possibly bite into the bones of both Sikeax and her mother. Sol rested his head on the cold ground, drifting in and out of memories and thoughts. Sikeax's screaming and squeaking made him stand up within seconds, tense and on edge. If the necklace he left behind still laid claim to him and showed emotions surely it was fire red. Seeing the mouse and Sikeax's rage he watched, amused before settling down again. Watching the foal he glanced at Adrixaura, already going back to sleep. Do you have magic Sikeax? The honey brown eyes stared at the child before going to the wounded, sleeping mare next to him. Magic. Something we no longer have... Craning his neck he looked out of the cave and to the sky. Where are you? The sun. That's what he was looking for at the moment. Turning his head back his left ear twitched at the distant howl of wind. Shifting his weight the sound of his skin sliding across the hard ground was smooth and almost like a whisper. Looking at the foal he sighed. Sikeax...Do you know the story of the sun? Or at least the sun where your mother and I come from?

Actions
Speech
Image Credits