[OPEN] Frozen Oceans

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Where are we? Why haven't we been here before? "I'm not sure... but I like it." I whispered back to them, my breath swirling around my face as it did so intensely during Frostfall. The vast space before my very eyes was so vacant, so dull; yet, something about it was gorgeous. The moon hung in the dark air as it has for far too many nights.. days.. just far too long in general. A bitter wind nipped at my side, my body quivering in response.

Hues of blue and never ending shadows crawled across the bleached out earth before me, mounds of any possible mineral reached up to the night sky with longing fingers. It's like Frostfall all over again, the sheer thought of more snow imprisoning our melting lands once more was almost frightening in a way. Still, I pushed all of my rambling thoughts into the back of my mind, memories of the white drifts bringing nothing but wolves and nightmares. Why don't we adventure? I agreed in my head, saying nothing in response nor nodding as I found myself doing far too often.

Dark legs picked across the tundra with ease, chipped and over grown hooves scooping up what snow was caught in my frogs and tossing it behind me to be scattered across the frozen terrain once more. There's nothing out here.. there can't be. There must be.. you're never alone they reminded me, laughing manically over absolutely nothing. A snort erupted from my chest; the air forcing itself from flares nostrils and dancing visibly through the air.

The earth gave beneath my mobile body for a moment; a shallow divot on the blank canvas of frost. I grunted, lurching my body forward with a springy jump as my back end sank uncomfortably into the ground. Red eyes peered over my shoulder and I forced myself to come to an abrupt stop, staring at the shallow, yet long hole that ate away at the ground. The monsters are going to get yoooouuuu more laughing, more cackles and jokes passed around in my head. I tried to ignore them, but it has proven a more difficult task than usual.

The scent of a mare turned my stomach; it was a familiar one. No, not the female herself, but the smell that lingered beneath that.. she was not from around here. Red rimmed ears laid back in the tangled mess of mane, wild eyes searching for the body. But alas, there is nothing to be seen but hills of frozen snow and their weary shadows. She's not far, just keep looking My stomach acid bubbled loudly, digesting the food I had gathered through out the day. "I'll find her." My breath was low and rough under my breath.

Legs quivered in anticipation to find her, and I allowed them to carry me on again. Moving in a slow canter, I found myself grabbing onto the frozen ground easier than I used to; perhaps my footing was becoming better due to the extended length of cold season at home. The scent became stronger and less easy to ignore, my jumbled brain trying to focus on one thing was hard enough as is. Then, her body appeared.. barely. I would not have noticed if it were not for the red marking on her face and lace at the end of her thick braid. Upon seeing the mare, I slowed my body down to a slow walk until I stood a few yards away from her. Meet and greet? No. I stood silently, staring at her with blood red eyes; my discolored mug shattered, each muscle pulling the corners up into an awkward grin.

Tagged: @[Artemis]
Ooc: Hope you don't mind him popping in,
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Frozen Oceans - by Artemis - 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM
RE: Frozen Oceans - by Voodoo - 08-14-2013, 03:00 PM