the Rift

[OPEN] Beaten and Broken

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

OOC| Backdated to no moon/winter.

God, how does this hurt so much? How am I so stupid? What did I do to deserve this? I don't what kind of cruel game this is but I don't like it. Ricochet, I hate you. I hate you with every ounce and fiber of my being. I hope some day you run into something much bigger and much stronger and it kicks your ass. I hope it tortures you and toys with you and makes you scream for mercy that won't come. I hope all of these things happen. But most of all, I hope I never have to see you ever again.
Kahlua was hurt, blood splattering her hide and bruises were everywhere, though they were somewhat hidden beneath her thick winter coat. In particular, her hind right leg was especially bloody. Eight punctures wounds, from two bites by Ricochet's stupid dog, were scabbed over with dried blood trailing down her leg from them. There were also two long scrapes on the same limb from Ricochet's hooves tearing up her flesh. Blood trickled down her withers that seemed to come from nowhere- Ricochet's blood from when she had reared and caused his teeth to smash together. She limped on most of her limbs, her two forelimbs badly damaged and the pain in her hind right leg making walking difficult. She was a mess like she had never been before and was disgusted.

Limping step after limping step took her away from the center of the field where she had been, towards the trail that had brought her from ground up the mountainside. Somewhere in the midst of the spar she had been a part of the blizzard below had broken. It was a blessing- if she had tried to a traverse a blizzard in a state as she currently is in she would have died. No questions asked. For now she thanked the gods, something she had never done before, and took a first step onto the gravel path leading down to the mainland and flat earth. As she took her first step, she suddenly realized this trip was going to be more precarious than she had originally realized. The downward slope of the path was altering her weight distribution and putting more pressure on the swollen soft tissue of her forelimbs.

Each step she took forward was agonizing, despite the fact that she tried to bend her hocks and keep as much of weight on her hind end as possible. A few times when she took a step she screamed, being unable to hold in the cry of pain that welled up in her throat. She hugged the wall as she went down, afraid that if she stumbled she would fall over the edge of the mountain path to her untimely end. The lamp-trees along path lit her way, although dimly. A fight was bad enough- a fight and then a test of her strength immediately after was almost heart-breaking to the mare. She was no warrior and she had no desire to be one. She was a trophy wife, not meant for the back-breaking labor of sparring.

The trip took hours- at least three times as long as it had taken her to get up the first time. Even the roaring blizzard had not slowed her as much as the wounds. The one thing she was thankful for was the snow, though. The blizzard had left plenty of snow and each time she let one of her injured limbs step into it she was icing her wounds. The pain was dulling away, for now. Still, each step was preying on her already drained reserves. Each step she took pushed her a little closer to knowing that she could go no further. Then one step came and she knew she could go no further, but she was lucky. That same step was the step that brought her back to earth, off the rocky path and down onto flat ground. She would have whinnied in excitement but she had no energy left to do so. Instead, she took two steps to move her out of the way of the path and closer to the nearby lamp-tree then laid herself down in the snow, tucking her legs under herself but reaming upright by leaning herself against the lamp-tree. For now, she would rest. Later, she would begin the long and arduous journey back to the World's Edge.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

I rarely liked anything, but this new me, it was all just splendid! And I couldn’t wait to try it out. Damn, did I feel good! The wind was just the perfect temperature for a bit of dirty fun with those ugly rats with no horn. This would be the game to test this brand new personality out! I couldn’t wait to find someone that was blessed with no crown upon their dome.

My clefts carried me throughout the Heavenly Fields, the snow sticking to them as they rumbled across the earth. Many scents weaved through the wind, but I caught one very familiar one. Kahlua. Ha, since I knew her, it would be even more fun, oh how jolly I will be to play this game against her. She had never really respected me, and she gave me thoughts as if she was always challenging me to be the better one.

But now, I would show her who the better one is. I followed her scent, picking up my speed since it seemed that she was far away. Though, I knew she couldn’t run too long, she had to get tired at some point in time. Once I was close enough, I sneaked behind a tree, waiting for her to give out, hinting the fact that she was injured.

I could see, and smell, the blood hidden beneath that winter coat of hers. My teeth barred as I grinned in an awkward way, but I couldn’t help it. Blood attracted me towards the scene. Especially the amount of blood that drenched her frame. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ran through a pile of needles to have that much blood staining around her. All the wounds seemed to be scratches and rips, but some were also teeth marks, so it had to be caused by a battle.

I walked up to her, smirking at her with my harks perked forward towards her frame. All I could do was chuckle deeply, and then glare at her. "Hello, old friend." I greeted her in a stern voice followed by an open grin.

[ @[Kahlua] ]

How long had it been? Minutes, hours? She couldn't say. It seemed like she had barely just shut her eyes and leaned against the tree when the sound of someone new came to her ears. A chuckle broke the silence and Kahlua stiffened, her eyes flying open. Hello, old friend, the voice came and then Kahlua relaxed. She knew the sound, although there was a strength to the voice she was not accustomed to. “Antheia,” Kahlua responded back. There was a hint of happiness to her voice, although she could barely muster the strength to say the words. Her voice was quiet, the spark of life that usually graced it gone.

“I was attacked,” she said with just the faintest of chuckles breaking past her lips. She knew it had to be obvious, with the way the blood soaked so much of her body. Suddenly, she was shivering. She hadn't even thought about it on her way down the mountain, but all the sweat she had drenched her body with during the fight was cooling and chilling her. She should never have fought the stallion. Surely it had been a terrible mistake, but unfortunately she could not take the past back now. What was done was done, although she shivered again at the thought that Ricochet must be close by still. She had come down the mountain, she had not seen where he had gotten to. He had to come down sometime, though.

Blowing a soft bit of air from her nostrils, she looked up at the mare she called friend and sister, speaking again. “I need help getting home, my friend. Do you have the strength?” She thought to when her unicorn sister had jumped so easily over her back and Kahlua knew that it would not be a burden on her friend to take her home. Now it only required her kindness. She had been so quick to play and run, Kahlua just knew that it had been her lucky day to stumble upon Antheia in her moment of need. The trip would be slow in the darkness and snow, of course, but the lamp trees would guide their walk, if Antheia would make it with her.

@[Antheia]
.KAHLUA

Deceased
Clo.

She was best friend after all, and I was going to help her get back home. I could tell she was in pain, but I didn’t know exactly why, nonetheless, she would get to a medic some way or another. "It’s been some time Kahlua dear." My voice chuckled as I nudged my friend up, catching her against my hide.

”I was attacked,” Aw, poor deary! I don’t see why anyone would want to harm such a creature! She’s so gentle and courageous, why would anyone do such a shame to my beloved friend? "My friend, I’m so very sorry." The words leaped from my maw as I scanned over her crimson red scars.

But I went back to my own frame, gleaming orbs looking at my wide stomach. It would be very soon, and I would grace upon the land a new mighty soldier. Though, what if it turned into its father? With charming looks but an ugly personality dwelling inside of it? I could see him, carrying on his legacy lineage, but he never stayed with one, but took off after another? Repeating the process over and over many times.

I knew that it might be a possible chance, but I would give it my best to make it understand the world and its amazing features. I couldn’t have a rat running around the place thinking it was the only king/queen that ruled the world, for that would not be the truest things of all. He would have to learn how to respect the world’s ways.

My dome shook the thoughts away and I turned back to Kahlua with a friendly smile. "I’m sure I can hold up, though, I don’t think I will be welcomed, but I’ll do anything for you." I tilted my head to the side, showing the true derp that lived inside of me. I chuckled and nudged her softly, making sure not to make her fall over.

Credits

TAGS: @[Kahlua]
WORDS: 328
NOTES: Antheia became unracist so she's pretty much normal and more derpier than ever. xD

Kahlua winced as Antheia nudged her up from the ground. She stood, shakily, some of her strength returned from having laid under the tree so long. She nodded in response to Antheia's comment. She agreed that it had been too long, but hardly had the strength to say it. Heaving herself up from the ground had taken too much out of her. Though the icy ground had numbed her forelimbs some, the pain returned in slow rhythmic throbs as she put pressure on them. “Thank you for your sympathies,' she said as Antheia spoke a second time.

As she stood and pressed some of her weight against her friend, she noticed that Antheia's belly was wider than she remembered it. Looking back where her friend was now looking, Kahlua could not help but smile. “A foal?” She said it almost in disbelief. She could never imagine herself gravid with foal, the idea of taking care of something so small almost pained her; however, Antheia had been so good with Harmony that Kahlua could only imagine how good she would be with a foal of her own.

“How does Harmony feel about this?” To be honest, Kahlua didn't care too much about it, but she welcomed the company and the conversation was a welcome distraction. For a moment she let the silence hang between them, then Antheia spoke again. “I don't think I will be welcomed,” Kahlua almost hung her mouth open in surprise. “Why not, my friend?” Her voice was but a whisper as Antheia nudged her. She could not understand as she had not heard Antheia had left the herd.

@[Antheia]
.KAHLUA

Deceased
Clo.

I let her lean up against my side, her cloak rubbing up along my own. I gave her a simple nod as a welcome in exchange of a thank you. ”A foal?” I chuckled at this, for her expression caught me by surprise, I wouldn’t think she would be so jumpy about me getting pregnant. I loved the little rats, how could I resist? "Indeed Kahlua." I smiled and nudged her softly, my maw touching her black coat.

A frown placed itself across my muzzle as she asked another question. "Harmony and I had some… words. She seems excited but I can’t exactly tell, she isn’t talking to me." I tilted my dome to the side and looked Kahlua in the eyes, my dark blues meeting her own. I was glad I still had a friend, for I thought I had lost them in that--- accident. But, I guess otherwise, for I still had Kahlua here talking to me.

”Why not, my friend?” I sighed and looked up towards the bright purple moon. Oh how darling it looked! I worshiped the Moon Goddess, but since the accident referring to my ugliness that was put in front of others, I no longer knew if I was good enough to follow in her hoof steps any longer. But that was why I came, to make up for what I had lost. "I made a mistake, my dear, and I’m no longer a part of your family anymore." I told the mare in a soft voice, my orbs still locked on the sphere that floated in the atmosphere.

Credits

@[Kahlua]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

She isn't talking to me. Kahlua listened to her friend while trying to take a step forward, testing her strength and trying not to lean too much on her now gravid friend. As Antheia looked into her eyes, Kahlua responded reflexively in her kind and stupid way. “She will forgive you soon enough, I'm sure of it. Whatever happened.” Kahlua had a childish faith in the ways of the world. She trusted that everything would turn out right in the end (even if things hadn't worked out so great for her and Ricochet). It was silly to think that way, not everything was always right, but she had not yet learned this the hard way.

I made a mistake, Antheia said and Kahlua looked to the moon like her friend head, as if she was searching for answers there. Finding none, she looked back to the earth and attempted to take another painful step. She sucked in air through her teeth as pain from her founded limbs rushed through her body. Still, she was not distracted enough to forget about Antheia's words. “Certainly it could not have been that bad. What mistake could have been so costly? Surely Mirage would forgive you...”

If she was prying, she did not know the difference. The simple mare simply spoke what she thought, not pausing to think if she should or should say it at all. Yet, a terrible conflict raged within her. There was a part of her, however small, that was quite pleased with the fact that Antheia was gone from the Edge. It was a terrible, dark thought, but she could not help it. Antheia had been competition for the Glazier job and as much as Kahlua was ashamed for thinking it, her quest for fame and recognition was better off without Antheia as a Qian member. And though hiding things was not her specialty, she did her best to keep this thought deep within her. Antheia was a friend, and helping her in this dire time of need. Kahlua simply didn't know how to work out this moral dilemma.

@[Antheia]
.KAHLUA