[OPEN] The Beacons Are Lit

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

Finally, the borders of her home surrounded her once more. It was as though she had been embraced by her mother, it was the same calming sensation as she felt now, flying across the moon-lit dunes. If it hadn't been so cold, if she hadn't been weak and starved and felt the pressure of darkness and the turbulent times she would have enjoyed it. Alas, the raven was too concerned with returning to the herd to delight over the play of light across windswept sand, the sweet scent of water that drifted from the Oasis... the smell of horses, strong and as welcoming as her fathers smile. Would Hector be there to greet her as she returned? Would Midas wonder what had happened, press her for more details while Kri loomed by her side, silent and commanding? She missed them all, oh how she missed them.

She trailed the fractions of the metal wall with her eyes, so busy caressing its familiar jagged lines that she didn't notice the young ones that came running beneath her. Not until one of them gave off a shrill, predatory cry for attention did she start and glance down, just in time to notice not only the fillies but also the shape of the young mare that went down from the wall to greet them.

Frowning, Skuggi hurried onward and tucked the wings to the furry sides, arching towards the ground in a long dive that allowed her to make contact with the ground not far from the little group. Ears perked forward and eyes alert she cantered on towards the others, managing to catch stray words from the conversation.

Edge invaded..? Go.. tell.. Onni, mother Kri... North.

What in the name of the seven winds was going on? Worry quickly replaced the curiosity as the painted mare released herself from the clutches of the earth and took to the sky, quickly heading towards the north. Quiet and confused, she slowly took to eying the foals, devouring their unusual appearances - did that one.. no, it couldn't be scales. Could it? - before, after a long silence, she took a deep breath and tried to make the heart settle back into its cavity.

"Right..." she said and stepped forward, intent on gaining their attention. "Come along, I'll show you to the Seer's Fire. And while we walk, I want you to tell me everything you've seen or heard, no matter how minute it might seem. I am an informant, I need to give the Sultana a report when she returns." She gave the golden fillies a slight smile and inclined for them to follow her, then began to lead them around the wall and into the desert realm.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
The Beacons Are Lit - by Tandavi - 08-13-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Semira - 08-13-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Onni - 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Shadow - 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-16-2013, 05:35 AM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Sakura - 08-20-2013, 12:54 AM