the Rift

[OPEN] The Beacons Are Lit

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>

I had run, gathered my twin back to my side and blindly ran with her at my side after the other foals and the warrior from our home. Tear stung in my light green eyes, glad that Takara could not see them. When I chanced one sideways glance however, I found her hazy green ones matched my own. We were young, this is not fair. Why did those horrid horn heads from up north have to take EVERYTHING away from us? Did they not have others to pick on? After all, we had only been stealing from them like they had us... Or at least that's what Aaron said. None of that mattered now. I had seen Maskan running with the foals as I attacked one of the prisoners. Since I was alone, I had fled like a coward. She was bigger than me anyway, what had I been thinking?

It was while I was blinded with tears that I did not notice the change from hard dirt to the slightly softer sand of the Throat. Takara had and slowed her pace, using her ears to guide herself to the safety of Semira's side. It was there she pressed against the foal that was not much younger than them. She did not speak, only cried softly as others spoke. I meanwhile crashed right into the side of Maskan, crumpling backwards. It was embarrassing, but it was all it took for me to cut loose my tears. For the first time since the death of my parents I can honestly say I allowed myself to shop pure emotion. I shakily stood, and without hesitation pressed my face into the side of Tandavi's father...

[Sakura and Takara have joined them :P]

"talk talk talk"
MY HEART IS EVER AT YOUR SERVICE.
credits: how-you-remind-me and phototori @ deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
The Beacons Are Lit - by Tandavi - 08-13-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Semira - 08-13-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Onni - 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Shadow - 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-16-2013, 05:35 AM
RE: The Beacons Are Lit - by Sakura - 08-20-2013, 12:54 AM