the Rift

Time to Myself [Query/Open]

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
Carefully, slowly, the dual colored fem made her way from the foothills. The longer she was there, it was feeling more like home. Even more so as others from Isilme arrived and filled the land. But there was something missing.... Well Solstice knew it was more than one but it couldn't be helped. She longed to have another child.... but as the other half of her heart was missing, assumed to be dead now as the months passed. At least she and Ata had finally gotten to have a child together. Aaron was the perfect mix of the pair, strong in both looks and bloodlines. She wished Ata was around for them to have another..... but it didn't look like they would be able to. With a heavy sigh, the painted fem stopped under the arch taking advantage of the dripping cold water. The heat wasn't as bad, maybe because her magic was of fire... But it still took it's toll on the half draft fem. Hazel eyes looked around carefully to see if she was alone. Not noticing anyone she simply flopped down to enjoy the coolness and to think.

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
She roamed around this new land, trying to get a feel for it. She figured that she better try to explore this new land a bit more, since she never really explored the land that was known as Isilme.

On her strolls she ran across a mare. Upon closer examination of the starred face of this mare it appeared that she was almost in tears. This tugged at the Query's heart a bit. She too was also a little depressed still over the loss of the land of Isilme, where she was just starting to settle in a bit.

"Well hello there ma'am. Yer lookin' a little down there sweetheart...anythin' the matter?"

Deceased
Emily
It was the sound of another approching that caught the painted fem's ears before she saw the other mare. Slowly she stood and put up the front she had been putting up for so long. Solstice quickly hid the upset look on her face and spoke quickly "I'm fine, just thinking is all. First time i've ever been away from my homeland.... Kinda miss it...

Truth be told, it was more than Isilme she missed. It was her childhood romance, her lover, father of her son and most of all best friend that was missing. She had spent the days since they all fled .... hoping he would arrive. When he did not... well she feared the worst. Now almost two seasons later and he was still not here it was time to face facts. He wasn't coming back...

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query watched as the mare tried to put on a brave face, but she knew better. She knew the pain of being away from home. After all, how many times was she moved from one place to another all because of her "colouring"? It was too many to count. She also knew the pain of losing a place that one would call "home".

She shook her head as if to shake away the negative memories. "I may not look it, but I also know the pain of being away from home. I was shipped around place to place for a while all because no one wanted me 'cause of the way that I looked. Then I finally came across some nice humans that accepted me for who I was. Sadly, I lost them as well. Then there was this place called Isilme, and although my time there was very brief it still felt like a home."

Query walked up to the mare and gently nuzzled her. "It's okay, I'm sure that you'll find your place again soon."

Deceased
Emily
At the name of her homeland her ears pricked forward. Solstice looked around, shifting to completely face the other mare "You come from Isilme?" Hazel eyes stared at this fem almost disbelieving. So many questions ran through the fem's head. Could anyone still be alive? How long ago had she left Isilme? Had it been before the shades attacked and took over?

The nuzzle was a surprise, but Sols just stood there allowing it. It was the first contact, outside of family she had since leaving Isilme. Sure Smoke and Gossamer had nuzzled her, but they were practically family. This fem barely knew her. Finally Solstice spoke again "I'm Solsice, formerly of Isilme now of the Windtossed Foothills. You are?"

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query saw the eyes of this one named Solstice light up a bit at the mention of the land of Isilme. Finally something snapped this mare out of being so droopy.

"Hello Solstice, I'm Query.

Yes, I come from the land of Isilme. I had stumbled across it shortly before the shades had attacked. I had followed a stallion by the name of Torasin as we ran away from the shades, but I had been separated from him along the way here. Luckily I ran into him again at the Threshold. As well as another that said that she was from Isilme. In fact you might know her, she introduced herself of Gossamer and said that she was the Chieftess of the Windtossed Foothills.

There I go ramblin' away again. I sometimes get a little carried away."

She figured that now would be a good time to let this other mare get a few words in.

Deceased
Emily
Ears remained pricked forward listening intently. One name stuck out in her mind. Torasin. He was once a herd mate of the Oasis. She nodded her smile growing as Gossamer's name was also spoken. "Gossamer practically rasied me along side my mother. Tor was in the same herd as me back in Isilme. I saw him not long ago, helped him hunt for a dragon egg that he was trying to bond to. Far as I know he now is bonded to the littel one." One day, she hoped, she to would be bonded to a dragon just like her mother and father had been.

Her mind then changed directions of thinking. The fem before her was sweet, but she did not hold the smell of any herd on her coat. "I take it Gossamer must of invited you to join the Foothills herd? I don't know much about these lands, but they surely can not be safe to roam alone..." After the shades, Solstice would rather be in a herd and helping to defend than to be on her own and run the risk of being attacked alone

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query tilted her head at the mention of dragon egg. Another thing that she thought was just myth also existed in these places. "Wow, first I found out that unicorns and pegasi exist, and now dragons as well. That's so cool! I wonder what it's like to have a dragon." Her mind was racing again.

She finally calmed down to listen to the rest of what solstice had to say.

"Yeah, she did invite me to join, though at the time I just wanted to spend a little time on my own 'fore tryin' to settle into a herd again. Though after meetin' up with you I think that I might just change my mind."

And again, her mind went back to the dragon. This was something that she really wanted to know more about.

Deceased
Emily

Solstice & Aaron
No bond is ever stronger, than that of a Mother and Child

As the other mare spoke, more hoofbeats could be heard moving near by. It wasn't long until a young stallion came into sight. His neck was arched slightly and his coat pattern was almost exactly like Solstice's. At the sound Solstice had turned and warm and welcoming smile appeared. Her ears however had caught what Query had said as she turned back. "We would be more than happy to have you in the herd, the more the better.." Hazel eyes flashed back over to her son first before introducing him. "This would be my son Aaron"

Aaron nodded. No longer was he the bumbling little colt who had race at his mother and father's sides. He was strong, well muscled, almost a perfect warrior. Chocolate brown eyes sparkled still with child like playfullness. But the lessons Aaron was learning from Mirage's brothers... Well they shaped and molded the colt. "Pleasure to meet you Query...." Eyes looked to the pair before speaking again "Seeking shelter from the heat?"

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query heard the sound of the other hoofbeats approaching and turned and saw the young one approaching. She figured that he was about a yearling from looking at him.

"What a handsome young man you are, I haven't really been affected by the heat too much, but as of late I have been findin' myself a bit lonely. I think that I will venture to the Foothills and seek out Gossamer and see if her offer to join the herd still stands.

I thank you guys for listenin' to me and I hope that you haven't been affected by this heat too much either. And of course it's been a real pleasure meetin' the both of ya."

With that Query began her venture to the foothills to seek acceptance.