the Rift

What Hurts [O]

Zyanya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Darkness.
It's quite lonely, something far from that I am accustom to. Disgusting and quiet. My eyes are wide as I soar above... Certain I am circling trees, horrified to land in fear of tearing my own hide or breaking such precious gifts apon my back. I can find lights every now and then, see them glowing dimly as if the life here has made its own hell. Daylight has not been seen for quite some time I swear. Everything seems lacking in life, including the air.
Wings beat and its the only sound you hear. Gliding closer and closer to the tops of the trees till I can see below the greenery. Dark greenery that seems so dull and lifeless. Sorrow is at this edge of this heart.

Blue eyes lighten with surprise as I find a small entrance to the ground, exhausted muscles quiver to find peace. Though this wingspan, it has me circling like a fool. Finding which way I should enter without causing harm. It seems there is no other way than harm though so I crash on purpose. Closing my eyes and tightening my bird appendages to my sides. I can feel the wind pressing against me tightly as I fall. Limbs scrap at my sides and it feels like forever with loudness around me. My legs are tucked tightly, flashing eyes open before the ground before me collides with my face. Dirt and mud clinging to my face before the rest of me hits. I'm numb for a moment then the pain begins to feel unreal. Bruised I am, broken.. not.
Laying there with this unbearable sting.

I grunt and finally let my body rest to its capabilities. I am so tired the pain cannot keep me awake and so I slumber. Falling into this awful sleep. Dreams begin to quake my mind. Flashing lights, fire, my parents. Running. I remember the running. This nightmare, it haunts. Forever and always. My physical pain making it seem all the more real. A thin sweat seems to break at the creases of brown hide. Lungs begin to swell with oxygen as the breathing increases and I am left there... stuck in this awful nightmare and painful position. Right with fully spread across me and slightly covering my nares. This is awful. I cannot wake so I cannot run. I'm stuck. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck.

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

I came running, fast as my legs could take me. Yes, I was hurt and I didn’t feel well at all, but if I was going to stay in shape once this illness was over, I would have to run my heart out. My front left leg was swollen as big as I thought it could for it looked like it would burst very soon. Though, that was not on my worried list of today, I was out to recruit today. I would try my hardest to get all the damn creatures that wander out here, come to my home. We needed the help with the invasion, or else we could lose our beloved home.

Harmony on the other hand, did not give a shit about the home I had offered her. She had turned her back on us and now was off to Tonka’s little gang of wanderers. I gave him permission to take her, but he was going to lose those baby-makers of his if he didn’t take care of my baby girl. She was my only child, and she was my world, but I wouldn’t be able to give her all the things she deserved. Yet, Tonka could. He had owned foals before, and now he had upcoming ones also, so he knew what it was like to have children, I didn’t.

And with that, I changed my attitude. She would learn to hate me and move away, but she would never hate me too much to stop loving me. That’s the only way I knew how to put it. I didn’t want to see her go, though, I knew it was for the best, for us both. She didn’t deserve someone like me, a high spirited mother that didn’t know what she was doing. And until I knew what to do, I was going to take on responsibilities and act stronger. There was no more of that old Antheia that was crazy hyper all the time, there was no more of that old Antheia that always let her guard down. There was no more of that, I had important stuff to do and I would finish it off no matter what.

I walked on, keeping my head held high and my nostrils flaring. Damn, I was having good luck today! I had already met two winged animals today, and yet here I am watching one as she shivers from some nightmare. I little grumbled escapes from my kissers as I walk up behind the mare. A smirk emerged and attached itself to may gray maw. I bent my neck, aiming for her rump, I nipped down hard, hoping to scare the shit out of her so she would awake. "Wake up you fool." I commanded her, my orbs scanning over her muddy body and then looking up towards the hole in the trees. Dumb ass. I thought, looking back to the sleeping mare.

Credits

@[Zyanya]