the Rift

[OPEN] Treason to Blood [invasion]

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
IN SEARCH FOR THE GUIDELINES TO THE GATEWAYS OF SIN
Sophistication as cruelty and perfection as virulent truth

Varath followed his orders, and he followed them well. Deimos, the Reaper, had told him where he was to go, but he had no need of saying anything. Neither loyalty to the Basin nor love of species brought him here today, no. The only driving force behind the hastened and eager thrumming of his hooves was to finally face his father, the traitor, in battle. Varath had left this land for a long time, returning to the realm of his grandfather, Riekahn. He learned much. He had been trained. The road was a dark one, and his past was not something of a nightmare, but it was worth every agonizing clash.

The young stallion had learned much about his father's past, about the darkness that resided in his history. Paladin had been the most blood thirsty of them all, a vicious and brutal fighter who was only ever matched by his brother, Donovan. The pair had brought more destruction, devastation and death to the tree-nesting pegasus than any other unit in the entire army of monochromatic unicorns. Then, one one evening during battle, he had murdered some stupid broad trying to protect her mate and like a complete, dicking coward, he had run off.

His mother had been a plain and ordinary slave - a fanciful toy to be used and discarded. Paladin was nothing special, nothing worthy. He had left his entire family and army in the middle of a battle because his sentiments had finally been dragged to the surface in a single pathetic groan of humanity. Varath was trapped in a nebulous of pride and disgust at his heritage. His father had been great, and he should honor that memory, but why would he go and screw some hornless who would bear him? How far the mighty had fallen.

As the steel gray boy walked into the woods, his body tall, strong and fit for battle, his dual colored eyes of crimson and silver scanned through the trees, only seeking one opponent today. He was uninterested in the other nonsense and rabble that cried out and fought around him. There was only one enemy here today, just one, and he would make sure that every knew. Had Paladin's new family accepted him with open arms? Had they not asked about where he came from? His past? The taint of blood that would forever stain his horn? No, they wouldn't. They did not know the night in which they had emerged, covered in blood and ash.

Today was the day he ended a blight upon his family line. Today, Paladin would die for crimes against blood.

"FFAAAATTTHHEEEEERRRRR!

[[Opening post]]

Image Credits

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin, recently healed from the battle against the monster of darkness, crested the hill to the familiar copse of trees he had come to call home. However, the pleasant quietness and gentle whisper of the wind through the trees did not greet him warmly on this day. Instead, the cries and screams of war met his ears, a sound he knew all too well. Steeling his heart against the emotion that threatened to overcome his rationality, the Valiant boldly cantered into the fray, crimson eyes watching his comrades battle against the invading force of the north.

Where was Mauja? Where was his sister? Paladin's gaze narrowed, trying to spy Psyche in the midst of invaders. Why would she not show up to her own party, he wondered? Was the blood too thick? The black mare had impressed him on the beach that evening, but he had given up hope that her black heart would not burn in the light. She was too corrupted by his father's madness. Sad, but reality. He could do nothing about it; there was no point.

What met his ears then broke his heart in a way he knew that he would never remedy. In all his life, the single, vicious word would haunt him, add to his nightmares which already plagued the old warrior.

"Father."

Paladin turned his gaze, graying muzzle pointing in the direction of his son. Sorrow and mourning crossed his tragic, crimson eyes, and the stallion felt his chest ache. He had failed as a parent. His children could not escape the blood thirst he had passed on through his own line. How could they not see the road they followed lead only to death and heartbreak? Ktulu and Ophelia were mercenaries, killing for trinkets, and his son... Varath...

No hope existed in this world for him. The sins of his past too quickly tainted any hope of a future. He was a fool to think that he could have a life of love with children and a home. The guilty did not receive mercy. However, with every action he took from the moment he ran from that war, he had tried to set every wrong right. But with so many bodies littering his past, the blood was too much to mop up, but oh how he tried.

"Son." The Valiant's response was dim. All of the emotion that had once painted his face was gone, hidden behind the well constructed, second skin of a warrior. Varath was not his son. Only blood tied them now, not heart or love. He would have to destroy his own creation, like an artist painting over a used canvas.

"You are an idiot." Paladin's crimson eyes turned hard, cold. "You are my regret." And like a mad dog, you must be put down. The Valiant pulled his lips back from his teeth in a violent sneer, and the warrior lunged forward, his time spent exercising on the beach having done wonders for his body and arthritis. He had more experience than Varath would ever hope to gain. The only edge his tall, lithe son had on him was the fact that he was younger, and youth was a disadvantage all on its own.

The stallion aimed to lurch at his son's left shoulder, head turning down, aiming to pierce the flesh of his child. Paladin quickly removed the weapon, should he be successful, and run quickly by, aiming to bite along Varath's spine as he sped past.

[[(594 words) | (1/4) | writing with myself, so I will just do a quick summary lol
- ran to meet Varath and tried to stab his left shoulder
- tried to bite along his spine]]

Horse

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
IN SEARCH FOR THE GUIDELINES TO THE GATEWAYS OF SIN
Sophistication as cruelty and perfection as virulent truth

Varath heard his father's words and sneered, the expression hateful and black. The colt tossed his head, black and crimson mane shaking around his strong neck. "More of an idiot than you?" he questioned vehemently, narrowing his gaze. His father called him a regret, and perhaps that was when the only part of him that was left as a boy died. While his stay in Dorngarrow hardened him in a way that he had not anticipated, a certain hint of innocence had still lived in a forgotten corner of his soul.

Not anymore.

The young gray was agile, a gift from his mother that he refused to acknowledge. When his father ran his way, Varath pivoted on his hind quarters, avoiding the white horn narrowly. The air rushed past his body, wooshing in his ears and lifting his mane from his neck. What he was not prepared for was Paladin's teeth which landed firmly on his spine, scraping away at flesh as his father tore by. The young gray let out a yell of pain as he felt his back lock up temporarily, the muscles jumping in spasm. Angrily, the colt gritted his teeth through the anger and pushed off from his haunches, feeling the warm trickle of blood roll down his side.

"How can you regret me for following in your path, FATHER?" he spat, chasing after the stallion brutally, legs churning at the ground as he wound through the trees. Varath tried to come up and run along his father's side, neck leaning down to snap at the stallion's legs with his white teeth. "You denied your family, and now you are denying me! Unfit to pass along your lineage, you still sired me, and now I will set our bloodline straight. I will make up for your failures!"

Varath gathered his strength and aimed to knock Paladin's haunches mid-stride with his powerful shoulders, hoping to shove his father off balance and perhaps even topple him over. Or... into a tree. That option would be better, actually. Use your environment, Varath. Your environment is your strength when you are not strong. The words of Riekahn, Paladin's sire, rang in his ears. The Crimson King of Dorngarrow had not massacred nearly an entire species in his home without knowing how to fight, and Varath carried along those skills now, skills his father had refused to teach him.

"Do they know what you were?" he taunted, pausing to look at those of the Edge who now fought at the side of his sire. "Do you think they would forgive you, if your sins were revealed?"

[[(455 words) | (1/4)
- Varath dodges the horn stab but takes the bite to the back
- runs along side his father and aims to bite at his legs
- tries to body slam Paladin off balance ]]

Image Credits

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin's soul and mind were hardened now, and the boy he stared at was not his son. The reality was cold and cruel, but even the soulful creature had his limits. Never would be reveal just how much this betrayal tortured him in the inside, rattling every calm fiber he had worked so hard to rebuild here. "Infinitely more so," the stallion responded, standing proud with his neck tall like a general now, assuming the natural authority that boomed with his voice. "You are naive, thinking you know the world when you are still a child. That you challenge your elder in combat while you are still growing into your frame screams of your stupidity."

The dark stallion felt blood pour between his teeth as he snatched at Varath's back, and he heard the cry of pain. Only those untested, those new to the injuries of battled cried out so weakly, and he knew that this should be a quick battle as long as the gray colt's young build did not win out against his older one. Still, Paladin was impressed as Varath still staunchly came after him, and the black dun weaved in and out of trees, knowing these woods well now. He led them, for as long as Varath followed, to the white cliffs, prepared to shove his son over the side if the battle demanded such an action.

Varath's words followed in his ears. "I am not your father," he said, his voice absent of even regret. Paladin took a small bite to the right, hind leg as Varath's teeth snapped at him, but the black dun immediately reached around, trying to plant his own fangs on Varath's skull. The face bled like a bitch. A harsh laugh escaped his throat. "You are and always will be a half-breed, and there is no changing blood," he replied with a sneer. As the colt ran into his side, Paladin's arthritic hips gave way, but fortune saved him. The stallion ricocheted off a tree and remained on his feet, just a little bruised.

Too close.

Finally, at the Edge of the cliff, Paladin slowed to circle his son, ears pinned tightly against his skull. "My sins are my own, and I have done everything in my power to atone for them. You, were even my atonement, and attempt to set straight my own past and love where I had never believed it could happen," he said. "I was very wrong, I see. For my history keeps catching up with me, it seems. Speak what you wish. I am not afraid of what lies behind me." Paladin lunged forward then, having tried to circle around Varath while he was talking to keep the boy off guard.

Then, he tried to shove his weight into the gray and topple him clear over the cliff and dash his body on the rocky ocean, far, far below. A little blood tickled down his right leg from the wounds and his hip was smarting rather strongly, but he could not allow that pain to shake his focus - not now.

[[(540 words) | (2/4)
- Paladin takes a bite to the leg
- Paladin tries to bite Varath's face
- Paladin tries to shove Varath over the cliff]]

Horse

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Varath defaults to Paladin.
Paladin receives .5 VP and earns one point for the Edge Defenders.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
I am going to give myself an extension? lol. I want to finish this thread, but in the end it's going to be a draw, so no VP awarded to either side.

Thank you, though, Official.