the Rift

[OPEN] Every Rose has its Thorn

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Apollo didn't know what Antheia was thinking, but certainly it wasn't something terribly pleasant. Did she hold it against him that he had remained faithful to his family? Did she have a problem that he was doing his duty? The thought both hurt him and angered him.

Indeed, when they had met in the Threshold, Apollo had explained everything to Antheia. He had told her what the Grey was, and what they did; a band of mercenaries that took contracts for the right price. If someone paid them for soldiers, then they would send soldiers. It was simple as that. One of the stallion's ears tipped back, his once sympathetic frown turning into one of slight agitation. What did she want from him?

Then, however, Ktulu arrived. Apollo could not miss the presence of the Constrictor. No one could. Honey-brown orbs turned to linger upon his dark lady, and her disapproving gaze caused the overo to take a step back. It was the first time that her red eyes had looked at him with such an emotion, and Apollo knew he had done wrong. Swallowing thickly, he listened to Ktulu's words, not saying anything to defend Antheia. Ktulu had a point, and Apollo knew it. He had simply been too soft-hearted to say such things to his friend.

Yet, Antheia had some sense after all, for instead of backtalking Ktulu like many idiotic outsiders had done, the painted mare had pulled herself to her feet and carried herself away. Only a bitterly spoken, "Goodbye, Apollo," had been her departing words. They did not bother him, however, for Antheia was acting like a child. She did not understand the workings of the world, and of the Grey in particular, and the Chief watched as his once-friend left the Foothills.

Hesitantly his eyes sought Ktulu's, and an exhausted sigh left his lips. Apollo suddenly felt twice his age. "I am sorry, Ktulu," he murmured, his vocals apologetic and exhausted, "She is, was a friend. But you were right; if she wanted aide, coming here was a poor choice. I am beginning to think that she has a strange... Infatuation with me."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Every Rose has its Thorn - by Antheia - 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Apollo - 08-18-2013, 04:46 AM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Antheia - 08-18-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Apollo - 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Ktulu - 08-19-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Antheia - 08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Apollo - 08-20-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Every Rose has its Thorn - by Ktulu - 08-21-2013, 09:41 PM