Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

Another day and night has passed, and now I wait with the vial a heavy weight around my neck. Arbutus and I have said our brief goodbyes, but we both seem uneasy at the prospect of losing each other's company, no matter for however brief our separation will be. I look to Aure with a certain sadness in my eyes that I cannot shake, and my leonine tail curls nervously behind me. My wings remain folded, and Arbutus' flame is diminished as he flies over to the silver dapple that I've grown to call my lover. He lands gently upon her withers, giving me one last look before turning away and curling up in the crook of her wings. I shudder at the thought of being alone for what now seems like so long- at the thought of living in a strange land amongst unknown mares and stallion until our beloved child is born.

Our son. The thought thrills me, and were it not for the sorrow of leaving, would bring a smile to my face. Still, the happiness is tinged with sadness as instructed by the God of the Earth. I wonder why he assigned a quest that required such separation- perhaps to ensure the loyalty of our love? I cannot imagine ever turning from Aure, ever leaving her or not loving her. Still, if the Gods require further proof, I shan't deny them.

I take a few careful steps towards my mate and speak in a hushed voice, sadness mixed with excite hinted in my tone. "It is time, my love," I murmur, lowering my head so that the chain falls off of my neck and onto the ground. I let my body rest upon the earth and wait for her to rest beside me, curling my lips around the precious vial to drink.

The fluid slides down my throat smoothly, a liquid silver that is cooling and comforting. My eyes shutter as I imbibe the gift of the gods, and my body quivers with the feeling, one I've never before experienced. Bent knees force themselves into the ground and I brace myself; my tail snakes wildly across the ground behind me. I feel the magic spread within me, and then there is a sudden desired stillness.

___

Your Character: Tares
Species: Unicorn
Breed: Mustang/QH
Height: 14.3hh
Color: Black
Markings: White tribal wing markings on her shoulders. White tribal markings around her eyes. Long lion tail with hair running along the bottom, long beard. Yellow eyes. Short smooth white horn.
Health: Her hocks will be sensitive, and easily become swollen and painful from hard terrains. Her knees will be affected to some extent, but not as badly as the hocks. Otherwise, she is healthy.
Other: Phoenix feather and companion.
Request: It has already been determined by the Earth God to be the boy, and I'll be using my hybrid slot for this. Otherwise, if there's a marking some sort of combination of Tares' tribal and Aure's white vine would be cool.

Dam of your Character
Species: Unicorn
Breed: QH
Height: 14.3 hh
Color: Light Bay
Markings:White blaze, Black stockings, with white stockings on her front right and back left legs. Around her shoulders, the brown of her coat lightens in an almost smooth, spotted pattern. Short Black Lion tail. Blue eyes. Thin, long, smooth curved horn.
Health: healthy
Other: [Magic || Light || The ability to tell when someone is lying to her.]

Sire of your Character Voltaic
Species: Pegasus
Breed: Mustang Mutt
Height: 15.2 hh
Color: Seal Bay
Markings: Tribal lightning markings on shoulders and around eyes; yellow wing tips. Yellow eyes.
Health: Fine, deceased
Other: [Magic: LightxWind | able to control anything metal by extending an electric charge to it and shifting its polarity.] :: [Magic: LightxWind | can conduct multiple bolts of lightning by running the high electric charge always surrounding self through a metal conduit.]

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

</style>

I watched my lover drink the vial that would allow her to carry my child, and bittersweet happiness welled up in my chest. Tares would be away for so very long…At the least it would seem that way. I loved her so much, and I knew she loved me as she was sacrificing Arbutus so he could take care of me. I could see the pain in her eyes as she prepared to leave her two closest friends: her mate and her companion. Underneath the pain we faced, there was happiness. The happiness of the beginning of a family, the most wonderful family. I knew how much she was sacrificing, and knew that I could not let her leave Arbutus behind. She needed a familiar face with her as she resided the pregnancy in the Foothills. I went to my sweet mare and extended my wings over her withers in the way she loved so much. I stared into her beautiful yellow eyes with the green of my own.

“Tares, I cannot let you leave Arbutus with me. You are the one who will be in a new territory, experiencing things you’ve never experienced before. To do that alone would be terrifying, and I would feel much better if Arbutus kept you company, as he always does. You may send him to me with messages, and when our son is to be born.” I nuzzled her mane, black and unruly as always. We were to have a son, and nothing, not even the loneliness we would both endure could lower my spirits in this moment. Yes, I was scared of my sweet, sensitive lover going through pregnancy, but everything would be worth it when he was born.

I flicked my tail happily and trotted around the clearing, unable to control my happiness at the prospect of being a mother. I would be the best possible, never once having another thought for myself, and glad to do so. I reared back into the air, letting out a triumphant whinny, and looked back at my mate with love shining in my green eyes. Nothing would fade our love, not the absence from each other’s lives, not the stress of raising a child. Nothing at all, because our love was endless.

Your Character:Aure
Species:Pegasus
Breed:Rocky Mountain Horse
Height:14.3
Color:Silver dapple with a cream colored mane and tail
Markings:White vine-like marking on her nose, her right front hoof is white. Green eyes. Large black eagle wings with bits of white.
Health:Has a rare condition of amnesia, where she can wake up one morning and forget her entire life. Flashes of her memory come back in recall and due to triggers. Condition is sporadic and unpredictable.
Other:N/A
Request: If he had golden/yellowish tipped wings, as a combination from both of his grandfathers, that would be nice.

Dam of your Character: Aurorette
Height: 14.9
Color: Silver Dapple, dark flaxen mane and tail.
Markings:Large hawk wings, with creamy white-ish primary feathers and black undertones. Light blue eyes, flecked with black. One white hoof (the back right).
Health: Fine, walks with a slight limp in her front left leg. Fell when she was young.
Other: N/A

Sire of your Character: Marcel
Height: 16.7
Color: Chocolate with a light, cream-colored mane.
Markings:Large falcon wings, all black, with a strip of golden feathers along the bottoms. One white hoof (front left). Light golden eyes, with a slight rim of silver along the edges of the iris.
Health: Deceased. Fine when he was alive.
Other: N/A

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Congratulations you have a newborn colt!
Breed: Stocky mustang mutt
Species: Unipeg
Height: 14.3hh
Color: Flaxen Chestnut
Markings: Wings have symmetrical, white tribal markings extending from the withers on the top side of the wings, reaching down the end of his back. Looks similar to this, but feel free to make your own rendition. Eye-color up to you and horn design.
Health: Fit as a fiddle.
Other: None

Congratulations you have a newborn colt!
Breed: Stocky mustang mutt
Height: 15hh
Color: Silver Black
Markings: Leonine tail, like Tares. Will have white vine markings reaching up all four of his legs, ending at the knees. The magic of the phoenix feather has left little glowing silver flames on the tips of his wings that appear during the night. Other markings and eye color up to you.
Health: Healthy as an ox.
Other: None