the Rift

[OPEN] Don't Underestimate Me...

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

I walked through my homeland. My velvet harks set back against my
cranium. These battle cries... This was something I would hear frequently in my old home. I traveled long and hard to escape this. But then again, it's here too. Why, oh why. It was time I went with Tonka. I felt so much safer when he was in my presence. HIs large frame, his muscles. They all insured me that he would care and love for me. But, leaving Antheia was going to be to hard. I hope that Tonka will understand my sadness, and let me visit her frequently. I bet he will, he is a very nice guy. Really, I don't know why I warmed up to him so quickly, as I did with Antheia. He just, I don't know. Like I said, made me feel like I belonged with him. I just wish I could have the best of both worlds, him and Antheia. Hell, that would be just pure bliss.

Should I help fight? I don't even know if I was allowed to. Most likely not. Then again, why would I fight alongside a herd that I wasn't going to stay with much longer. There was no real point if I actually did. Spreading my blood across the soil for a herd I didn't care for was a waste. Something that could threaten my life. So, I made up my mind. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Was there any out there that weren't fighting? That felt the same way as I? Doubt it.

"Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk."

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
"You have the face of a coward."

Israfel had returned home to nothing but carnage. The Edge was being attacked by those from both the Basin and the Foothills, but the young Demi-Goddess could do nothing to help. She was too young to fight, too inexperienced in the battlefield... If she had been given the chance, however, the pale youth would join the fray in a heartbeat. Unlike the general populace of Helovia, Israfel still had her magic. It was something that couldn't be taken away from her, bestowed upon her by the will of the God of the Sun himself. In such dark times, both figuratively and literally, she knew that the power of her flames would be helpful.

Despite her magic and her eagerness to fight alongside her brethren, Israfel could only stand and do nothing, and have faith that the Qian would emerge victorious. She would wait, however, until the battle ended, and then move in to see if she could help. Perhaps it would only be aiding the wounded, but it was better than standing around and doing nothing.

It was while she waited, avoiding the clash of battle and the grunts of pain, the smell of sweat and blood and writhing bodies, that Israfel stumbled across the painted filly. Israfel was older, she could tell, with her frame more filled out and muscular, but not by much. Yet the look in the filly's eyes, the look of an immature coward... It was clear that she might be mentally older as well.

"You look like those Assassins," the pale filly stated scornfully, stepping through the dark trees with her gilded wings pulled close to her sides. Along her legs, flames licked and kissed at her golden markings, cascading the area in which she stepped in a warm, soothing glow. It wasn't often that she traveled without the comforting embrace of her fire. Isra's lips were turned downwards, vermillion eyes sharp as she cataloged the brown and white filly, analyzing this creature who called herself a member of the Edge... "Hiding in the shadows like cowards. Is it in your nature to ignore the plight of your family?"

Perhaps Israfel was being rude. Perhaps she wasn't. Honestly, the pale half-Goddess didn't care. Her patience was limited at the moment, her emotions strained and pulled apart with so much more than this filly could understand. The rift in time, the Gods disappearing, the war in the Edge... Her father still missing. Yes, Israfel had the right to be annoyed.

[ooc: Hope you don't mind Isra popping in. :D
@[Harmony] ]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

The breeze that caressed my lengthy mane carried the scent of something unusual. Taking a deep breath, my scenters took in everything they could. With it came the smell of a being, an odd one, and with that, the smell of something burning.

No, it didn't startle me. All it did was pose a threat, and make me more aware of my surroundings. The moans and shrieks of battle still poisoned the air, my harks swiveling upon my dome to take them all in, hoping not to hear one that I recognized.

Shifting my focus to the being that was approaching me, I noticed it was a Pegasus. My pools where immediately drawn to the flames licking at her legs. Wait... what? She's on fire! But, she doesn't seem alarmed... Oh, who gives a shit. Taking another deep breath, I fastened my pools to hers, and flashed her a friendly smile, only for it to be torn away as her harsh words reached my harks.

"Hiding in the shadows like cowards. Is it in your nature to ignore the plight of your family?"

I snorted, my pools beginning to darken in rage. A coward am I? Oh, then why is she hiding in the shadows also, wasting her time talking to me, when her scumbag of a self could be out there shedding her blood across the soil for a herd that had nothing going for it. Hardly any chance. What a damn hypocrite.

She didn't even seem much older than I, most likely closer to my age than I thought. I flexed my muscles under my sleek coat, my beauty over powering her. Oh, no one should underestimate me. For is she turned her back I would rip this raging bitch a new asshole.

" Oh, how rude you are! Not even asking my name before ripping into me, and critiquing my actions. Well, guess what missy. I am not a coward, and do I see you out there fighting? No. You are doing the same as I, sitting here in the shadows waiting for this all to end. So stop being a hypocrite, for, it's not a very good first impression, is it?"

My words where filled with fury. Oh, she would not get away with her rude actions. What a horrible first impression this filly made. I would have loved to be friends with her, but oh no, she just has to immediately bash on me.

I don't care if she has magic. I don't care, who or what she is, that was rude, and stupid to say, and she wouldn't be getting away with it.

"blah blah blah."

{Nah, it's fine <3 Thanks for joining c:} @[Israfel]
Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

"Watch your tone, child!" Kaj had returned from the frontlines, the cowardly Basin warriors never seeking him out, only to stumble upon two young mares verbally tearing each other apart. His voice was loud, shocking, like a roll of thunder. Harks pinned, teeth were bared, massive build towering over both of them in a show of dominance not uncommon to horses. By the Gods, they were not only fighting at the borders, but from within as well?! Blasphemy!

"You are herd sisters, you will respect each other, hold both your tongues!" Wings flared out, face cold and sharp. He was disappointed and disgusted by their behavior, the both of them, though he recognized young Israfel and her importance. Even so, she was just as young. The other, however, was an adult if he went by her appearance, well over the age of two. "Who are you to speak of spilling blood, when you are of age for war?" Though he was no longer bellowing as he had when arriving upon the scene, his vocals had lowered to a deep, warning rumble.

"And do not speak harshly to Israfel, she is too young to fight, do you wish her to be killed with one blow due to the weakness of her bones? Would you want that for your sister?" Whether that instilled guilt or not, there was disgust, disappointment, and disbelief in his vocals. What was happening to them?! The Edge was falling apart at the seams!

Angrily he slapped his wings to his sides, snorting and tossing his head to free his gaze from the dominance of his forelock, taking a deep breath and squeezing his eyes shut to calm himself. "Israfel, do not be so brash in your judgements, your accusations. Harmony, watch your tone and your words, you are far older than Israfel. Must I be here to mediate this dispute?" His voice was far softer now, but it remained low and gruff, obviously tense from the invasion, lines thick and tense around his face, sharp blue eyes examining them like a wise adult peering into the corrupted souls of children. In fact, that was precisely what it was. He had the right to scold them, though he did not like it, but he could not- would not- allow them to act in such a way towards each other.

Why did they hate so freely? Why could they not be brethren? Where was the bond he had cherished so deeply from his own herd so long ago? The companionship he held with Destrier, Mirage? Where they destined for ruin, if this was how their citizens treated each other?

---
Kaj is upset with all this meanness in the Edge xD

Credit