the Rift

[OPEN] I will not fall, I will stand tall. [Invasion]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I could feel one left hindhoof strike, but it was only halfway true. Dagger made contact, though did little to naught for it fell shy of even half victory. A sore loss that was a great disappointment to me when considering the amount of energy it actually took to achieve what I hoped to be perfection. There would be no victorious surge, only the grimace of my failure. ‘Better’, I breathed inwardly, ‘I would have to do better’. The beginnings of perspiration started to fleck my pelt despite the coolness of night; each exhale would become more rapid as our fight persist. Flying was work, but it was also work that I had grown used to over the years.

While achieving my escape; the mix breed stag of a woman had obviously started moving. My gaze caught a fleeting glance at that vibrant streamline body pressing forward, and starting to turn upon heel. This one had speed; not surprising for a girl of small size. Though, she would not be able to overcome endurance that came from a Generals long hours of training, and the agility that was birthed as a result. Feathered limbs beat strong and true, I claimed the overcast sky once again. Her feeble attempt to score my breast landed instead upon the fleeing tendrils of ivory tail. I supposed she was jealous of being unable to enter our domain without the right of birth.

Foolish girl.

I circled left, maintaining my skyhigh position, while also trying to keep said offender in clear sight. A sky attempt was my secondary version of a warning, firmer than the previous vocal one—yet still a warning. She refused to yield. It wasn’t in my nature to kill, and I certainly didn’t want to kill this woman—though if she continued to press into my home; I might be removed from choice. Power pooled up inside me, it was unrefined of course and without my ‘Lord’ it would remain as such. Maybe though, this imperfect magic would be enough. With no small amount of willpower, I attempted to move the sand beneath her feet and all around that pretty alabaster body. Glittering granules rose quickly, they climbed into a distorted sprawl. An unorganized mass of dust, dirt, and gold. It was sobering to watch, perhaps even fearful for those that might witness for the first time. Before the sun vanished, my talent had been beautiful to behold. It would have been as lovely as a dance, rising and falling, spinning circles. This self-made storm was weaker without the Gods, yet it might provide the cover I needed for another attack, or maybe hinder her vision. With a great inhale I tried willing the granules to fly around her body, and face in particular.

Wings kept beating, working hard to keep my bulky frame aloft while I was otherwise very distracted with the concentration it took to maintain this storm. While fashioning my cover, I widened my tight circling flight. Distancing myself and trying to disorientate the she stag that was hopefully below in her own personally sandy hell. Dual appendages fold back, and I lean forward to fall again. This time though, I would try a slightly different approach.

Hoping to retain some amount of silence, I temporarily abandon the astral space above. Forsaking it to be down lower until my feet brush earth. Skillfully, I extend all four legs until they are carrying me flat out—my left shoulder stiffens in preparation. Wings close out of wisdom; better to lose a few feathers than damage a wing. With luck, my location would still be skewed by the storm, and this time…my aim would strike home. Using instinct, I take direction for what I thought was her left shoulder; the intent was to ram my left shoulder into her left shoulder. All the while hoping that gathered momentum would be enough to knock the unicorn aside. I knew that pressing a frivolous point of her flesh wouldn’t be the ticket. Only when she was crippled and bleeding would words that were spoken out of grace finally sink into that thickly endowed head.

Teeth open and neck slithers down, mostly out of an attempt to protect my face and thick neck from any prods or pokes—but secondly in a swiftly put together endeavor that would leave a few teeth marks on where I guessed her left breast or left forearm to be. She was taller than me, so my aim was low.

OOC~

Words:: 752

2/4 Attacks

1/2 Magic

Buffs:: Bulk & Swift

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will not fall, I will stand tall. [Invasion] - by Midas - 08-26-2013, 09:05 AM