the Rift

Flint [Vikram]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

First there is a sound, and then I feel the earth quake beneath me. I pivot on cleft hooves, splashing up the ice melt around them and causing them to sizzle as they evaporate in the flames of my wings. Behind me stands a creature unlike any I've ever seen before; a hybrid of unknown origins, who reminds me of the mythical dragons I'd once seen in Isilme. Instantly my tail whips behind me and wraps around my legs in a nervous, fearful manner. My head dips, my body contracts, and I feel a fear of the unknown pass through me. There is something apparently ancient and strong about this creature; he exudes heat and I look in his eyes and see flame. Flame that I know is not my own; flame that is the reflection of something deep within the creature.

I dare not speak; fear holds me like a vice and I stand still as a stone, waiting for the monster to make a move. To harm me, perhaps- to give me a reason to strike up in defense. But I am not the one that makes the first move, and neither is he. From between my wings Arbutus darts up and bursts into a wildfire that seems to set the sky alight. Around us the ice dances with his reflection and the heat of the sun seems strengthened tenfold. Ice around us melts and the rivulets and tributaries around me flow faster than before. I have no time to speak or think, and then the silence is broken by the call of a thousand birds, and Arbutus dives.

He is a bullet of flame, flying faster than I have ever seen, crying out in such a manner that his voice echoes off of the formation's walls. I call out his name, scream "Arbutus!" out into the fray, but it is too late. The phoenix heads straight towards the hybrid's face, aiming for the eyes with outstretched wings and snapping talons as he banks to snatch at Vikram's eyes with his claws and and blind him with the embers that fly from his wings.

I run towards my charge at full speed, unable to stop him but hoping somehow I may bring peace to the situation. I forget about the dangers of my wings and fail to make them harmless in the heat of the situation- my horn looms as I run straight towards the stallion. It does not occur to me, as I try to stop, that I am only putting myself and the hybrid in danger. It does not occur to me that my own wings may burn him, and that, as we collide, my horn may break through scaled flesh.

I think of nothing but my bonded's safety.

[[ P: 1/3 || WC: 463 || M/CU: 1/2 || OOC: Thanks, I'm sorry for the wait. || SUM: Arbutus flies up and then gains momentum as he dives towards Vikram's face. At the last second he banks up by spreading his wings, and attempts to claw at Vik's eyes as well as send sparks from his wings toward him. Tares runs straight forward, fearful for Arbutus' safety, and forgets to make her wings not harmful. Potential dangers to Vikram from this instinctive attack are burn damage from her wings, stab damage from her horn, and simple ram attack damage.]]

Messages In This Thread
Flint [Vikram] - by Tares - 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: Flint [Vikram] - by Vikram - 08-04-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Flint [Vikram] - by Tares - 08-06-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Flint [Vikram] - by Official - 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM