the Rift

Well-To-Do Gossip [Chemical to Foothills]

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Dear Margaret,

I must tell you of this tantalizing little secret! There is this old-fashioned, down-filled quilt I discovered in the general store just the other day. Apparently, my dear Margaret, the original owners thought the poor thing had withered away, as it had been caught up and burned in a chimney fire. I will admit, I’ve counted at least six places that might require some stitching. I plan on fixing it for Jonathan and giving it to him next Friday—I know it’ll still be five days away from the St. Valentine’s festival, but I don’t think I can hold on to a secret this big!

Lots of love,
Natalia

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Rishima glowers. Lace shall not leave today.

Old-fashioned: reference to his immortality, his base color of grullo, or his chivalrous nature.

Withered away: Absent from the site for a while

Burned in a chimney fire: Burned by the sun god

Six places: He has six distinctive markings: gold back, tree, three scars, and cobweb face

Five days from St. Valentine's: Valentine's day is the 14th. 14 - 5 = 9, Lace's age.

Deceased
M.E.
"My very own Archibald is making short work of this 'Lace' fellow. I'll leave him to it."

Lace is not sought.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!
Onni protects MIDAS.

Dear Margaret,

I must tell you of this tantalizing little secret! There is this old-fashioned,

down-filled quilt
Species ref. - pegasus.

I discovered in the general store
Rank ref. - Midas is the General of the Throat.

just the other day. Apparently, my dear Margaret, the original owners thought the poor thing had withered away, as it had been caught up and burned in a chimney fire.
Color ref. - Midas is a black tobiano paint, which could be a reference to his black spots.
Magic ref. -- Midas has earth x fire magic.

I will admit, I’ve counted at least six places that might require some stitching. I plan on fixing it for Jonathan and giving it to him next Friday—I know it’ll still be five days away from the St. Valentine’s festival, but I don’t think I can hold on to a secret this big!

Lots of love,
Natalia

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend snorts and laughs in your face. "Not today," she says.

Dear Margaret,
When I googled "Margaret," I found a movie about a girl who is consumed with guilt because she thinks she caused someone's death. This could be a history ref for Reiz, who is consumed with guilt for a murder she committed and blamed on someone else.

I must tell you of this tantalizing little secret!
History reference - her murder is a secret.

There is this old-fashioned, down-filled quilt I discovered in the general store just the other day.
Personality reference - it states on her profile that she is "traditional," which can be synonymous with old-fashioned.

Apparently, my dear Margaret, the original owners thought the poor thing had withered away, as it had been caught up and burned in a chimney fire.

I will admit, I’ve counted at least six places that might require some stitching.
Age reference - Reiz is six years old.

I plan on fixing it for Jonathan and giving it to him next Friday—I know it’ll still be five days away from the St. Valentine’s festival, but I don’t think I can hold on to a secret this big!

Lots of love,
Natalia

Deceased
M.E.
"I do not need another General. Also, that mare makes my eyes bleed."

Midas and Reizend are not sought.

Deceased
M.E.
"The sands in the glass have fallen completely."

CHEMICAL was sought.

Dear Margaret,

--Personality Ref: "Tantalized, is the word to best describe Chemical."

There is this old-fashioned, down-filled quilt I discovered in the general store just the other day.
--Species Ref: Pegasus, implied by down feathers.

Apparently, my dear Margaret, the original owners thought the poor thing had withered away, as it had been caught up and burned in a chimney fire.
--History Ref: "The young Chemical was often discarded like withered and burnt ashes from her mother after her father's death."

I will admit, I’ve counted at least six places that might require some stitching.
--Age Ref: 6 years old

I plan on fixing it for Jonathan and giving it to him next Friday—I know it’ll still be five days away from the St. Valentine’s festival, but I don’t think I can hold on to a secret this big!
--Profile Ref: Chemical's account was registered 02/09/13, 5 days from Valentine's Day.

Lots of love,
Natalia

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Dear Margaret,

+ 1. Pass. This is a key word used multiple times in the personality section.

+ 1. Pass. Anything dealing with feathers would point toward pegasus.

--History Ref: "The young Chemical was often discarded like withered and burnt ashes from her mother after her father's death."
+ 1. Pass. Straight from the profile and history, this is a solid clue.

0. Neither pass nor fail. The problem I had with this clue is that nothing in here indicates age. In fact, it would point more toward an appearance ref, scars or markings, as it's talking about the general appearance of the quilt.

--Profile Ref: Chemical's account was registered 02/09/13, 5 days from Valentine's Day.
0. Neither pass nor fail. This clue is not misleading and I considered it while searching, along with account numbers, etc, but it does not describe Chemical as a character. Registration dates, players, account IDs, etc. are not traits of a character.

Lots of love,
Natalia

Overall, this passes.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
"The sands in the glass have fallen completely."

CHEMICAL was sought.

Dear Margaret,

Pass

Pass

Pass - I liked this one a lot.

0 Neutral - Nothing in this clue is misleading, but there is nothing to necessarily make you think that this is meant to be an age reference.

0 neutral - This was very clever, but this doesn't describe the character, it describes some arbitrary date that the character was created.

Lots of love,
Natalia

Over all a Pass for me.

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Excuse me, but Adrixaura is currently in a challenge for Chemical' s freedom
Here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=8905

This stealth messes up the sought character's timeline as the challenge is still going, as well as Adrixaura's and Thor's timeline.

Wouldn't that make the stealth void with a challenge for her currently going on?

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
I'm confused. As someone who makes stealths I wouldn't check for the friends of my targets. If Chemical were challenging for freedom that would be one thing?

Not objecting to the Hold. Merely confused and curious because I don't find that particularly fair that we must go even farther to steal someone. After all who says Circe couldn't sneak up while Thor and Adri are fighting and steal Chemical away? This would be a loss for Thor too not just Adri since Edge and Foothills aren't allied.

Merely my thoughts on the matter.

Unregistered
OKAY, so this has been discussed.

Circe retains Chemical as prisoner, regardless of the challenge made by Adrixaura.
Tonka may still be freed from the Edge by her efforts, but Chemical may have been stolen at any point in time, no matter the outcome of the fight.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Actually, Boom.... She can't win Tonka's freedom. The challenge was made prior to Tonka even posting to the appropriate thread about being stolen. So this stealth completely negates a prior challenge according to admin decision to allow Circe to steal Chemical.

Unregistered
That is unfortunate. However, the fact of the matter is that we have no rules stating that prisoners being challenged for by outside parties cannot be targets to stealths.

Even if Adrixaura won the challenge and Chemical walked free, she would be a legitimate target. If Adrixaura lost the challenge and Chemical was retained, she is a valid target.
So, it's not "negating" the challenge. Regardless of the outcome, Chemical could be stolen as a valid target.