the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the starry sky.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
A screech left her mouth and instantly I pulled forward, my voice attempting to break the wall of spirits that were pounding in my skull, but I had started to learn how to block out so well. The poison made it harder. It took down the defenses that had been built up naturally. It must have broken down her wall that she was born with, because with her screech the spirits seemed to laugh and scream back at her - taunting her.

It hurt. I could feel my heart being squeezed and choked as the young winged-one ran toward me in a panic. Her head burrowing into my chest as she cried out my name. The souls stopped for a few seconds at the sound of my name, as if they knew the power that radiated in my bones to heed their call and allow them to be heard. Amara was sobbing, and it took all of my energy not to break down as well. "Shhhhh. Shhhh. It's okay..." I whispered as she whimpered, wrapping my neck around her own and attempting to hold her in a protective hug. She would not allow Amara to witness too many of the horrors the world had to provide. No. Not when she seemed to be hearing the souls as well.

They were hurting her! How dare they? The young hellhound was pawing at my hooves, trying to get my attention. It was obvious it was concerned for amara's well being. They are hurting her. And with each complaint of the souls voices they screamed back. They fought against her. They would not leave until they had been hurt. I asked about the poison, checking to see if anything else had been affected by the poison that now lurked in all our systems. It was only the souls. A low hiss escaped my mouth as I heard each of their voices and could feel their clawing as they tried to leech on Amara's form. "Stop!" I grumbled out to the souls, and for a few minutes they were quiet. "They want to be heard. They want to tell you something, Amara. I can try and channel them - I have been gifted with a magic that lets me talk to the dead, but I can't promise how strong the connection will be with the magic weak with no Gods. It might stop them. But it might make it worse..." I explained, pulling back and lowering my head so that my yellow orbs lined up with hers. "Which one is calling to you the most? I'll try and channel that one..." I offered, a sadness radiating in my orbs. Again, I wrapped my neck around hers and gave her a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, mein kleine. I wish you didn't have to go through this..." I whispered, my voice breaking a little.

I wasn't as strong as I used to be...

505 words
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Messages In This Thread
under the starry sky. - by Amara - 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: under the starry sky. - by Seele - 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: under the starry sky. - by Amara - 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM