Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart
I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

I feel heavier; not just in body, but in soul. Each step that I take away from the Dragon's Throat and my lover leaves me feeling just a little more lost and helpless. Upon my back Arbutus cries silently, his tears dripping liquid silver upon my withers and sliding in curved paths along my markings. Each heavy step I take shifts their path and my own along with it. I feel lost in the unfamiliar territory, and I am wary of each sound around me. Still, the waters are cool and the trees a comfort; I almost envy this land's inhabitants for their shelter from the sun.

The shade will be a boon for me and the child, I think, surprised at myself. Strange, now to know that there is life stirring within me; strange to know that I will soon be a mother of a darling son. Each time I think of it pride swells within me, and I let some of the sadness of my parting with Aure slip away. I shan't let the distance bring me down- I know our love is strong and forever bound, as will be our ties to this colt.

I've wandered the Foothills for some time now, searching for the lead mare, Gossamer, as instructed by the God of the Earth. Funny, I muse to myself, that he asks a pregnant mare with weak hocks to journey across unfamiliar territory. It doesn't seem entirely considerate. Still, I'm not one to question his motives; I'm far too thankful of his gift to think twice. With bright eyes I look up and search the area around the river where I stand and rest my hocks. Carefully I ease my nose back to blow a warm and comforting breath across my dear charge. He works tirelessly to ease my pain, lets his sadness overflow, but what of his own peace of mind?

"Stop your crying, Arbutus," I assure him, speaking words I'm not sure I believe myself, "It's going to be alright."

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
{Sorry it took so long to reply!}
Gossamer wanders though her lands. Since her recent meetings with other lead and her horrible behavior towards Indy lately and just many things her life had been somewhat complex.

She had a small frown upon her brow as she looked around her land. Was she really meant for this, was she really a mare made of the fabrics meant for a leader. She simply didn't know anymore. How could she do so well and then fail so epically everywhere else. Her shiny hide was not taught or happy, her head hung somewhat low, and she certainly did not look a strong Chieftess. Then she heard the words, the threads of thought coming from a ways away which were not familiar ones to her.

She flicked her fly-away tail. Why should she go attempt at greet another when they were just likely to take her words the wrong way, or perhaps she'd accidentally snap at them. Though, there was no one else around at the moment so perhaps she would just have to go anyways. It was with great reluctance that she picked herself up and put a smile on her visage. With a trot and a quick hop over a rock she arrived regally before the approaching mare...and stopped. This mare seemed to reflect her current emotions and her happy expression shows a mother's concerns and she walks up to the mare kindly. "Hello, I am Gossamer the Benevolent of these lands, what brings you here today my dear mare?" She stares at the mare with a kindly expression. Her lands were, after all, a haven for those in trouble.

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Alex
burtn@deviantart
------" Tares "------

I see a figure in the distance, and as it grows nearer I recognize it to be the Chieftess of these lands. Gossamer's name has rung through the lands and made its way to my ears several times- I've been told of her kindness and gentle ways, and I know by now what to look for. I can recognize her by sight- even before she parts her kissers and speaks to me in welcoming tones I know how to reply. I approach her with a lowered head and a respectful gaze, while upon my back the forewarned Arbutus rests peacefully, drying his tears with his, low, subdued flames. They sizzle against his feathers like tar in summer heat, leaving him feeling helpless and alone. Tares lifts a sheet of embers to cover her charge, lets them spout up from her shoulders and spatter across his features comfortingly, but it is no use. The Phoenix is inconsolable after spending so long in sadness, thinking of horrible circumstances. Of death and lost love; of moments to make the heart wrench and break. Of what could happen when the twins, the two children that Tares knew not of, the two children he already loved so deeply, were born.

But Arbutus' thoughts stay out of his lady's mind as she approaches Gossamer, and thus Tares speaks without hesitation. "The Benevolent, correct? I have been sent by the God of the Earth," I begin calmly, ignoring the slow return of the pain in the absence of Arbutus' soothing tears. The weight of the colt bears down upon my hocks, and I wonder if this is truly how heavy all mares feel at this time in their lives. I sigh and let my leonine tail flicker and flit behind me, the only free and light part of my body anymore. The locks of my tail sway in the Foothills' easy breeze, and once more I find myself longing for home, yet at the same time reveling in the coolness of this unfamiliar land.

"In order to bear my child, I was instructed that I must live within your borders for the duration of the pregnancy," I explain at last, letting my yellow gaze rest upon hers pleadingly. Should I be refused, what will happen to the child? As the elixir slid down my throat had I thought of rejection in these wooded lands? As I'd walked down from the veins had this complication even occurred to me? I can't remember now, my thoughts are drowned out by the sound of my own heart beating furiously within my chest.

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}
Upon the mare's introductory explanation the Benevolent is uncertain if the earthen-colored mare heard her complete introduction. However, at the newcomer's bowed head and reverent expression Gossamer cannot, especially on a day such as this, help but feel a bit embarrassed. What had she, in all honesty, achieved to deserve such a gracious action from another? Though she still, somewhat awkwardly, manages a nod in acknowledgement of the mares words.

The Earth God? Why in the world would Father Earth send the mare to her herdlands? What is it which this mare carried which was so close to his heart? Her curiosity was not sated in the least by the somewhat vague explanation of the Earth God's reason for sending her to the Foothills.

However, as Lazulli falls from the skies to land upon her back, she sees the odd looking Firebird. Perhaps, this bird is one of the Phoenix's of legend? Shortly there is a fire which bursts from the mare's back in an attempt, she thinks, to comfort the poor thing, but to no avail. This Fire Lily was certainly one who held interest. She doesn't know for certain about the fire bird, but she does know that it seems to be as sad and forlorn as the mare. She held it back, the question she wanted most to ask, looking torn, before she decided to ask it anyway. The mare was obviously in great pain, perhaps she would want the comfort of someone to talk to.

There is a concerned expression from the Fire Lily, for the mare seems to be a flower made of fire, at the Chieftess's delayed response. "Of course you may reside here for your term my dear. You seem a kind and honest mare and any request of the Earth God I am more than happy to carry out. Both I and Smoke were healers in our earlier days and both of us are mothers, so you will be more than cared for as well as having a healer to care for you Fire Lily, worry not." She hesitates then, "Though, may I esquire as to the cause of your deep sadness? And you need not be so formal to me now that your here and home for now, by the way." her eyes were warm and motherly as she awaited a reply with a small smile. Her manner wasn't pushy or attempting to pry, the mare could certainly refuse and feel fine about it, for Gossamer's actions were merely ones of concern.

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Alex
burtn@deviantart
------" Tares "------

The Benevolent speaks to me in calm tones that ease my nervousness and soothe my mental pain. I shift my position and walk slowly to a nearby tree that I am able to rest against as she speaks. Her dragon, a bright blue, descends from the air and instantly Arbutus bristles from his perch, but I send him soothing thoughts. There is no threat here, I assure him. Though the land is strange and it puts us both on edge, I find myself trusting Gossamer, just as she trusts me. She speaks of shelter and the Earth God, of Smoke and healing and mothers, and quite suddenly the reality craches upon me. I will soon be a mother of a darling colt, and the child will be born here, in this strange and unfamiliar land, while Aure rests alone in the Dragon's Throat. It is almost too much for me to bear, and I turn my head away from the strong chieftess before me, feeling shamed by her confidence.

And then there is a snap of a word and my ears pivot and my body stiffens. Fire Lily, she has called me. Surely it is simply a coincidence- how could this unfamiliar mare know my mother or her alias? Still, I am left on edge and wishing even more to be home. To be compared to my mother in any fashion, even by an uninformed stranger... it brings doubt into my soul. I have promised Aure and the God of the Earth that I will be a loving mother, but what if all of that changes when I look my child in the eye? What if my mother's cruelty is bred within me, simply waiting for the right moment to strike?

I try to push the thought away, but it seems an impossible feat. I only turn my gaze up again to answer the question, and I am reluctant to do so when I recall Aure's face, so far from here. "This land, gorgeous as it is, lacks my lover," I answer forlornly, letting my yellow eyes fall down to gaze upon the earthen floor. "I find myself missing her more each day that I am without her," I add, regretting the words as soon as they leave my lips. What am I doing now but bringing myself more pain? I curl my withers forward and lift my neck slightly to feel Arbutus' comforting weight against me; to remind myself that I am not entirely alone.

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}
The mare, she still does not know her name, stiffens at the usage of the nickname which seems to fit her so well and Gossamer feels mildly annoyed at yet another of her blunders. "Oh, forgive me if that nickname upset you. I meant no harm by it, its just that you're bonded with the fire bird and seem to be bonded with fire, but seem quite kind" she finishes with a smile, hoping to make up for any lost ground. Her golden orbs carefully watch for the mares next words.

Her. The mare names her lover as a her? How in the world would two mares become pregnant? Oh, the Earth God. Alas, her motivation and reasons become clear and Gossamer is finally put at ease. Her brows furrow with concern though, "I am sorry to hear that h..she..cannot follow you here. Are you certain there is no way my de...umm, I'm sorry but I don't yet know your name?" She inquires kindly. There is no hatred or judging coming from her about the mare having a female lover, she understands the preference for another, it was merely a slip of the tongue. Her bright eyes gaze warmly at the sad mare and she can't help but wonder at how very much this mare must want a foal to be so very far away from her lover for so long a time. Even to miss the birthing, as likely the lover would, would be a horrible thing.