the Rift

To Dance, To Roar, To Live

Noise Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

N O I S E

"The Cyborg Says:....spaceballs!"

To dance was to be free. To rave amongst the masses, your sweaty flanks pressing up against others, the lights swirling all around you. That, that was to be alive. There was no greater feeling than the freedom of loosing yourself in the crowd, at least to Noise. He was not one to make friends here though, and thus he walked amongst the dark and burnt crisps of thistles and brush which once were and contemplated a life lost.

Lyrique, what a glowing name, in contrast to that of Great General. What freedom of movement compared to such restraint. These names had, of course, been those of his Dam and Sire. He had not particularly loved the Great General, it was like living in Shwarzenegger's head growing up with him. Yet, the stallion had been his father and a great stallion so he felt a kind of kinship to him. His mother, the Space Scholar, had been the kind and emotional one of the group. A typical relationship he sees, looking back upon it.

Noise had grown up with two siblings: Anthym and Rhetorick.
Anthym had been the beloved filly of all the family. Just barely a weanling and already a healer she had been. Rhetorick had been his worst enemy as a colt. They had been twins you see, the two, and they had always fought for the ultimate prize: Great General. Rhetorick had always been militaristic, strong, emotionless. Noise had been the wild, untamable one. Hated, despised, a player and floater in all aspect. Though it was not as if he slacked, he merely didn't believe in sacrificing your life for the purpose of military (shocking, he knew, for the colt of the Great General)He sighs as he thinks back to dear Rheto at the age of one, all military drills and droll. It was like listening to Rebecca Black all day long without a break. Dear Space Gas, how annoying he'd been. How caught up in their Sire's mind. Not that any of that mattered now. They had all been blasted away to bits, himself included. With a sigh Noise allows his mind to the dark times in his life. How dark they had been.

After the explosion nothing was clear except his sister's face as she had melted away before his eyes, he hadn't seen where the General or Lyrique had gone. Rheto he didn't even want to contemplate. But his little sister was burned eternally in his mind. It was what he ran from, it was the nightmare which visited every night and followed him into the daylight. The zombie which didn't burn in the sun. Not even this sun.

He looks to the sky and curses their so-called Sun God. He didn't believe in gods, he'd lived to much to believe in gods. But perhaps, where he came from, the gods had all died off or left. He wasn't sure, but if this was how they fought now, then that would surely explain why all the humans went crazy.
The sun began to set and all about him the pests and bugs came to life, feasting upon his right flesh, until he couldn't stand his mood anymore, he couldn't stand the stagnant living, the pain, the feeling of guilt and destruction, and he just roars out- as loud and as long as he could. He roars for his lack of weed and drink to dull the pain. He roars for those lost. He roars for the Unicorns he had left behind in the future, the ones who would surely perish without a Great General to lead them. He roars, simply because that was all he could do.

"..."

Kiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The bay walks timidly along the meadow, her unusual wings swishing between her forelegs and hind ones. She bends her head slowly to the ground, letting her think, wild mane fall as a curtain of black over her face. Her sweet, frightened violet eyes dart frantically around the clearing as she follows her head, laying her body in the soft meadow. She breathes a soft, sweet sigh of relief as her aching hooves are given rest from her body weight and she lays her head on her forelegs. Though she is comfortable, the heat of Tallsun beats on her dark coat relentlessly, making her ears flick back in discomfort. She closes her eyes against the bright landscape--and immediately regrets doing so. Violent images dance across the back of her eyelids, her mother's sweet face torn to shreds by her father, not himself but a monster. Her brother running away with her to escape the affliction their herd had caught. Sweet twin brother slowly succumbing to the the horrors of the disease.

She stands abruptly, eyes reeling, heart beating, hooves frantically scurrying along the ground in place. She slowly calms her heaving chest and deeply inhales the calming scent of violet thistle, staring blankly at the purple flowers, starting to see her present surroundings once more. Black, tangled tail swishing along the ground, she decides that a short respite is not needed, and drags her aching hooves farther through the serene meadow. Walking for awhile longer, she happens upon a majestically tall red oak tree to her side and trots happily towards the shade. Perhaps I should rest, it cannot do me any good to wear myself out. She stands, supported by the tree, in peace with herself and the lovely setting that enveloped her.

She nearly jumped into the tree, terrified as nearby she hears a stallion roar in rage. She waits with baited breath to hear the sounds of a fight occur, puzzled when only silence follows. Timidly, she pokes her head from around the tree and walks slowing and shakily towards the black stallion with the strange green lumps on his neck. She stands still quite a few lengths away, still in his line of vision, far away from his striking radius. Slowly moving closer, she sees the left side of his body is a shiny metal, strange for a unicorn. His mane stood spiked in a precarious fashion, strung with strange glowing things of bright colors. His appearance was frightening to Kiva and she snorted softly, her eyes wide. She wonders what made the metallic stallion cry out in such a pain-filled way with no one around to provoke him so. She simply stands for him to see, averting her eyes shyly to the ground, drawn to him by her selfless wish to always help when there was need.
Dicktay2000

Noise Posts: N/A
Unregistered

N O I S E

"The Cyborg Says:....spaceballs!"

In his painful anger, in his cry, someone had heard him. He looks up to see a frightened young mare staring at him. She looked like a deer in headlights, but a pretty one, he supposed. He picked himself up a bit, ruffling his mane, and looked at the inquiring mare with an apologetic look. He rumbles in his deep baritone

"Ah, ahem, uhm, I am sorry to have disturbed you my dear."

"I am Noise, and what is your name?"
his look is sultry, but inviting, not creepy. He certainly wasn't Mick Jagger.

{More may come late, but feel free to post on this if you want to}

Kiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Purple orbs widen when the strange stallion speaks. She is not expecting him to sound kindly and welcoming. The small bay still seemed to shrink with shyness in the presence of the other, her dark unruly mane falling in a protective curtain over her face. The neon-green accented stallion seems to be disturbed by something; curiosity overwhelms the winged mare, as well as concern for the stallion. Though she is suspicious, as she is of all she does not know, she decides to let her curiosity get the best of her, and speak with the glowing stallion about his troubles. She is always a willing listener, perhaps too much, as she rarely ever seems to be the talker.

Kiva inclined her head shakily. “Forgive me for intruding. I simply heard your scream and was frightened for your safety. I am Kiva, Medic of Dragon’s Throat. It is wonderful to meet you, Noise.” She is entranced by his metallic appearance, her violet eyes latching onto every curvature of his shiny body. It is one of a kind, never before seen by the timid mare. She wonders what his hide is made of, how his mane is illuminated and colored so vividly, what the small flashing green orbs on his neck were. Thoughts rush through her head, but she suppresses them, not wanting to bombard the stallion, Noise, with questions. Still, her concern is powerful, the reason she became a medic in the first place. “Are you alright?”
Dicktay2000