Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex
prints-of-stock@deviantart
burtn@deviantart
kittykitty5150@deviantart
I saw the mirror starin’ back at me.
And it told me I’m a self machine
------" Tares "------

The Benevolent speaks to me in calm tones that ease my nervousness and soothe my mental pain. I shift my position and walk slowly to a nearby tree that I am able to rest against as she speaks. Her dragon, a bright blue, descends from the air and instantly Arbutus bristles from his perch, but I send him soothing thoughts. There is no threat here, I assure him. Though the land is strange and it puts us both on edge, I find myself trusting Gossamer, just as she trusts me. She speaks of shelter and the Earth God, of Smoke and healing and mothers, and quite suddenly the reality craches upon me. I will soon be a mother of a darling colt, and the child will be born here, in this strange and unfamiliar land, while Aure rests alone in the Dragon's Throat. It is almost too much for me to bear, and I turn my head away from the strong chieftess before me, feeling shamed by her confidence.

And then there is a snap of a word and my ears pivot and my body stiffens. Fire Lily, she has called me. Surely it is simply a coincidence- how could this unfamiliar mare know my mother or her alias? Still, I am left on edge and wishing even more to be home. To be compared to my mother in any fashion, even by an uninformed stranger... it brings doubt into my soul. I have promised Aure and the God of the Earth that I will be a loving mother, but what if all of that changes when I look my child in the eye? What if my mother's cruelty is bred within me, simply waiting for the right moment to strike?

I try to push the thought away, but it seems an impossible feat. I only turn my gaze up again to answer the question, and I am reluctant to do so when I recall Aure's face, so far from here. "This land, gorgeous as it is, lacks my lover," I answer forlornly, letting my yellow eyes fall down to gaze upon the earthen floor. "I find myself missing her more each day that I am without her," I add, regretting the words as soon as they leave my lips. What am I doing now but bringing myself more pain? I curl my withers forward and lift my neck slightly to feel Arbutus' comforting weight against me; to remind myself that I am not entirely alone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Going to Be Alright [Questing #3][Gossamer] - by Tares - 08-06-2012, 10:59 PM