the Rift

[OPEN] cause i'm free, can't keep me.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Huff huff, snort.

The sound of my own breathing annoyed me. I was breathing like them, my breath hot against the cold climate of the Basin. I was sick of this place, absolutely sick. It pained me to walk anymore, walk in this stupid place. I hated it. Hated it now a days. And this dark night, this endless night, I had a plan. I was getting the heck out of here, no matter what. If anyone dared to stop me, I would attack like a rabid hound. I had been jogging around, stretching my wings and everything else. I had been training for this moment, hidden in a dark cave. And this moment, it was perfect.

My breath swirled in the night, my brows narrowed as I saw the Basin below me. It was quiet, perfectly quiet. I saw no horses milling around, no horses at all. There were a few, but I didn't have to worry about them. My cave was tucked away, an area where barely anyone went. I looked about, slipping out of my cave. I had thrown dirt onto my body, trying to blend in. I forced my wings to my sides, I forced them to be so close to me that it was compressing my abdomen together. I gasped, sucked in, and stepped out.

I remained close to the rock wall beside me, slipping forward. The border, it was so close. The peek of the mountain, it was there, there before me. I just had to stride closer, I had to open my wings. I had to get out. I had to. I needed to. I was desperate to get the heck out of this place, my hooves getting closer to the border.

Closer.

And closer.

I kapt my wings close, my fiery eyes staring at the moon. I reached to the sky, a slight, gentle nicker slipping from my maw. I kept it silent, or, close to silent. I blinked, my head slipping down, my eyes spotting the distant darkness. I let my wings loose, unfolding them a little bit. I tried to keep myself as small as possible, for I didn't want anyone to discover me. I didn't want this plan to be destroyed, or I will become a rabid hound, snarling, snapping, thundering teeth that shake the earth when they snap.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: -
word count: -
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
I looked at the Basin one last time, grinning. "Deimos," I began. "No matter what you do, flame cannot be contained. Try with all your might, the fire will always break through even the thickest of ice, melt the strongest of bars, and burn the largest of towns." I turned away, my coal hooves stepping over the border. I grinned, raising my head to the sky. I hadn't flown in a season or two, but I doubt I had truly forgotten how to fly. I was a pegasus after all.

Unfurling my wings completely, I kicked up debris as I launched myself into the sky, galloping forward, leaving the Basin bastards to themselves. They were true monsters. I let the wind take me up, my stomach dropping. What about Destry? She... she had to come with me. I thought about turning around, searching for Destry, but I knew there was no way I could do that without being caught. I doubt she trusted me anyway, I had barely spoken to her. She probably didn't see me as a fatherly figure anymore. One day, I would come back for her. I flapped my wings, desperate to stay aloft. But I hadn't flown in seasons, so I my skills were a little rusty. I started dropping, the Basin farther behind me. I threw out my landing gear, preparing for impact. I hurtled into the snow, groaning. I stood up, shaking snow from my pale gold coat. The snow had washed some of the mud off, so my pale gold body shone through. I sighed, unfolding my wings and throwing myself back into the sky. This time, with more success.

I soared far away from the Basin, leaving it the dust (or snow, shall we say.) I realized I hadn't spat on the Basin before I had flown away. What a shame, I was hoping to do that. Oh well, I wasn't going to go back there. Ever. And I was going to spread word of those bastards and their murderous intent, their cruel intentions to destroy families, destroy relationships. They were just as cold as the land they lived in. I soared away from the Basin, leaving them far behind me. In front of me was the wonderful, joyous life of freedom. I soared towards the Deep Forest, hoping to meet my love there, as I had promised. It was going to be hard to tell her that Destry couldn't come, but at least I was going to be there with her.

At least Delinne and I could mend the holes, together.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: azz: -sticks tongue out at basin- HE'S FREEEE AHAHAHAHAHAHA -insane laughter-
word count: 438
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."