the Rift

[OPEN] observe, my pretties.

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Despite being stuck here in this place, I found things to do.

Like plot revenge.

But that was useless, especially today. It seemed there were extra souls to sense, and Diablo's dark form shimmered beside me. "What is it?" I asked, gazing at him for a moment. He looked a little happy, but at the same time a little cautious. "Something's happening! A battle! A war! He exclaimed, his eyes widening to exaggerate his words. I looked at him in disbelief, puzzled. "Who's invading who?" Diablo snickered, stepping back for me to see the sight. Horse were gathering, your herd is here. I looked at the horses, their scents drifting this way, carried by the wind. Diablo looked at me, stepping closer to me. "About time I was rescued! How sweet the herd thought of me!" I battered my lashes, snickering. Diablo laughed, his form shimmering briefly as he laughed. I shared a deep connection with Diablo.

I didn't know it, but he was in fact just a figment of my imagination. A horse I merely made up, a companion that never was. I had a history with him though. I had created him long ago, when I was only a month or two. My imagination was vast, but I was a loner. The other foals didn't like me because I liked dead things. So I made Diablo up, my ever loyal soldier. As I grew though, our relationship developed more. It's kind of sad, I was making up my own friends up. But I had made Diablo so that he didn't know he didn't... or... hadn't existed.

I gazed at him, blinking. As my lids closed, Diablo melted away, leaving a gentle breeze as I opened my eyes. I sighed, realizing I was softening up. Straightening out my posture, I gazed around, placing a stern look on my face. I turned to the gathered horses, the ones from the Basin. There were Edge horses mingled in, and I stood to observe them. It was a shame I couldn't find anywhere good to view the battleground. Maybe the best view was from the battleground itself? But I doubt my dear, dear guard wouldn't appreciate me fighting. Don't want to ruin this body too much.

"Twisted, wicked words."

[azucar chit chatting with her spirits and observing the invasion ;3]

i don't wanna be the girl who laughs to herself

or the girl who's always alone

Image Credits

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>
World's Edge Acolyte Nurse
</style>

It might seem that my charge at this girl is out of no where, but her voice carries and is so annoying. Somewhere in the mists, I think my big sister and brother are fighting. Well, I know my brother is, he told me to take Takara and run... Well I did half of my job... I just didn't stay with her. Instead I came back to watch. I had to know where they were, and if we were losing our home... It was then I saw this girl.... This annoying bratty girl who had been lurking around the Edge for quiet some time. "THINK OF YOU?! THEY DIDN'T THINK OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE! HOW FOOLISH CAN YOU BE? THIS STARTED LONG BEFORE WE WERE EVER BORN YOU TWIT! NOW LEAVE YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!" My hooves drum against the cold ground. It may be birdsong, but it was still cold without the sun. Oh how I missed the warmth of the sun.

Somewhere behind me I could hear the fighting, the clashing of bodies of my family and these heartless bastards. Wasn't it enough someone took my Momma and Daddy from me... did they have to take my home from me too? If this filly is one of them I didn't care who her guard was, I just wanted her GONE! She didn't belong here and neither did they. I was born here, this is my home.... and since I can't fight the adults.... I'll fight one I can.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

So there I was, minding my own business, milling around, when a little filly comes up looking ready to blow. She starts snapping at me, thinking I'm going to listen to a young thing like her. Frowning, I watch her scream at me. Oh, what a foolish little child. I smile, wicked words forming in my head. I let my teeth glimmer, my lips curling up to reveal dagger sharp teeth. "Honey, you must mistake me for some young shrimp like you. I wasn't born yesterday. I know they weren't thinking of me. Twit? I'm not the twit, you think I'm pea brained like you?" I spat, alabaster ears laid back, brows narrowed. Upon her next words, I flicked a stern, menacing gaze at her. "Listen, I would leave if I could, but one of your silly herd mates decided to take me here, so it looks like you're going to be stuck with me for a loooong time, at least, until this battle is over. And my herd has demolished yours... So you better start enjoying my lovely company." I lifted my nose to the sky, wind brushing the smell of war towards me. Blood, sweat, tears, those three liquids composed half the scent of war. The other half was the horses themselves, bodies smashing together, scents themselves at war. Looking down at the shrimp with a malicious glint in my eyes, I grinned a devilish grin."It's begun. My herd against yours. Place your bets while you can." I snickered, the last sentence quieter than the others. I glared down at the little paint filly, torn. Should I attack her, or leave her? I could easily grip her little jugular in my mouth, pierce her soft skin in an instant. It would be enjoyable, her blood trickling down my lips. Foal flesh was always enjoyably tender and juicy, but when you reached their insides, they weren't very tasty. Mainly because it was filled with their mothers' milk, or what's left of it, depending on how old the foal is. Maybe this filly wouldn't be so sweet? And in fact be sour because of her horrible temperament. I snorted, trying to spot the clashing horses. I squinted, struggling to see through the mist. "How in the gods' names do you see anything in this god forsaken place?"

"Twisted, wicked words."

i don't wanna be the girl who laughs to herself

or the girl who's always alone

Image Credits

decided azucar was going to keep her cool... for now :P
@[Sakura]

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura</style>
World's Edge Acolyte Nurse
</style>

Ok ok, so maybe I got a bit to ahead of myself. It was not until I got up close that I realized she wasn't really a filly like me, she was more of a mare like Azale. I skidded to a halt as she spoke. Her tone was unfriendly, but her words were kinda true. I was much smaller than she and didn't need to be trying to fight her. Aaron's words rang in my ears all the sudden Stay out of trouble because I can't come save you. Be your sister's eyes and get her to safety. If you see other foals running go with them. Ok ok ok Aaron I get it now. If she decides to attack me i'm pretty well screwed. But I could retreat now... Wait what was that?

My light green eyes watch as two foals, one of which I knew as a cousin of sorts and a stallion running. They must be heading to safety! Wordlessly as the mare before me really didn't deserve my time, specially if one of my herd mates had taken her captive, I ran. I bolted forward to go collect Takara from where I had told her to hide. I was lucky the group was heading on a similar path. I breathed in deep, taking in each familiar and slightly unfamiliar scent. I would catch up to them once Takara ran at my side. Aaron was right. The battlefield was no place for little fillies, specially if I didn't have my magic to get me out of trouble.
""

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com