baby i've been praying hard;

Kai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

her neck jerked back, ears straight as a soft thud of hoof-beats reached them. her very bones seemed to tremor, and she suppressed the urge to wheel around, spread her wings and disappear into the shadows of the night. she would stand strong, this was, after all, what she had wanted, was it not? yet a nagging fear still etched its way into her mind, that perhaps this was not friend but foe coming to steal her in the darkness the night provided.
nostrils flared, quivering, soft snuffles of breath escaping into the silence. wide yellow orbs darted around, finally settling on a figure that emerged into the light provided by the moon far above. her muscles tensed once move, before relaxing with a internal sigh of relief at the sight that this was a mare, a mare, and not a brute.

tail went slack, ears pricked with minor anxiety and curiosity; orbs significantly dropping in width then before the image came to her.
the mare in question was quite beautiful, if the pale moonlight was to be trusted. her coat dark, her face that of snow, or the white clouds that would shine in the light of the sun if you could merely catch them at the right time. the smooth white was complimented by the blue orbs, but what caught her attention the most was the sharp, gleaming horn that sprouted from her forehead.
white rings mixed with ebony curls, and she was hypnotized by its deadly, yet lovely appearance. for she had never really seen a unicorn before, she was often surrounded by the wings of her flock, and nothing more. it made her feel immensely less significant, with her speckled grey apparel and yellow orbs.
she had her wings, but even these heaven sent matched her grey bodice in perfect coordination.
but even with her admiration of the other, her orbs were drawn down to her left leg, significantly more swollen then it's companion.

concern for the other creation coursed through her veins, she was injured, was she not? a injury to the leg could be fatal for a equine, all knew this, for a weight cannot be balanced equally if one pillar is broken- or worse!
tentatively she reached her head forwards in greeting, snuffling softly at the other mare.

"hello there," the words fell from the others maw, and she was jerked back into reality with the interruption of sound in the almost dead silence of the forest.
her hooves skittered uncertainly beneath her on the dirt, scuffing it up.
"t-thank you for finding me, miss, i believe i am lost here- in this seemingly endless forest.." her words fade into silence as she considered if she should mention the others' leg- "i beg your pardon, miss, but are you alright? your leg.." she was concerned for the other's health, what if she suddenly dropped dead in front of her? kai was no expert with wounds and the like! surely it would be her fault as well if she didn't bother to mention it, and the mare did really do just that.
should she introduce herself, as well? it seemed like centuries since she had last spoke civil conversation with another equine.

image credit to aeolle

Messages In This Thread
baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-27-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-27-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM