the Rift

baby i've been praying hard;

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

It's funny how time seems to run ever so slowly without the help of the rotating sun to judge what time it was of the day. It was like the world had just stopped turning and we got stuck on the side where the moon and stars were only visible. It's crazy how not too long ago, where we had only the glowing trees for light, I was thinking the same thing.

Conversation sparked my interest and I made my way further into the moonlit Threshold, maybe to even enlarge our small yet still growing family. The poor new comer sounded awfully scared, to a point where I wanted to give her a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate.

She expressed care for the other mare whom offered her a home in the Edge and yet the mare was quite sharp and defensive about it. My word, it was just a damn question! Was it really called for to react in such a fashion? I didn't quite deem it so. And it would not be on my watch that such company be treated in a way if they were simply being kind. To act like that was quite ridiculous, yes?

My rather tall and stocky, contrasting frame walked onto the scene with my icy blue eyes shifting slowly from the two of them. They finally rested on the new mare whom addressed herself as Kai and with a nod, my warm and velvety, welcoming voice poured into the air and was absorbed much like a dry and cracking sponge would do with water.

"That is a beautiful name, Kai. And welcome to Helovia. You see, these darkened skies aren't normal and an eternal night has befallen us for some time. We all are awaiting the return of the sun, I would think. I am Adalaide."

My fiery eyes then turned to the black and white mare who's name I had not caught and then back to Kai. "Fret not, friend. I'm not going to stand here and sugar coat it, however. We're both here to recruit members to a herd or group. I am an outcast, a traveling Gypsy if you will. However, I am the leader of a rising group called the Storm Strike. We fight for righteousness and justice. Equality as well. I can offer a ranking within my own growing group. Though we do not exactly have a place to call our own. Why, afterall? We migrate through the seasons, heading south when the cold days approach so we don't freeze ourselves and then we head north to escape the ridiculous ray of the sun during the winter."

[[Hope you don't mind me popping in! :3]]

Messages In This Thread
baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Kai - 08-27-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Adalaide - 08-27-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: baby i've been praying hard; - by Antheia - 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM