the Rift

[OPEN] Dying is your latest fashion. [DEFENCE]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy

Arlo
For all is not always fair in both love and war..

At last! Seele had finally done me proud. She had found me a fight, one that wasn’t my own. This was the first time I was to be seen on the battle field since I had left my family behind. My pillars pounded the earth at speed as I hightailed it behind her, the blood pumping, the ghouls screeching, tumbling and throwing themselves in excitement against my dial. Finally my bloodlust would be sated with blood that wasn’t going to be canine. I was exuberant. My only slight concern was the poison that was still lingering in my own life blood, I couldn’t afford for the weakling to rear its head within me in the middle of a fight. That’s what happened last time I was in battle, and look where that got my entire clan, with me in exile. I hoped that the abundance of adrenaline surging its way around me, making every hair on my skeleton stand on edge, my pools to gleam and my heart to race would be enough to keep the pesky poison at bay. I could collapse later, after I had proved myself.

I slowed myself down as I drew near to the sounds of the fight that was clearly already in full swing, no point in arriving out of breath. I pranced my way forward, harks pricked and taking in the screeches and the occasional sound of hooves meeting bone. I was practically flying I was so high on the bloodlust. I was seeing everything with the beautiful tinge of rust and it was definitely my favourite way to get my heart thumping.

Banner held high, pillars prancing, muscles rippling and dial held in close to my well-muscled chest I entered the arena to survey the scene before me, where several pairs of equines fought valiantly. The smell of blood, and ultimately death hung in the air and it started to shake the cobwebs away. I took in a deep breath, chest expanding in order to take in the most of the smell I could before my own blood joined the stains that were already littering the ground. I was more than ready for this, I had been gone for too long.

It didn’t matter what I was defending or why they needed my services, it was just the battle I craved, though technically it was the defences of Throat I was meant to be fighting for . And they would be upheld if I had anything to do with it. I was here to uphold my honour, to show myself perhaps more so than others that I still deserved the tagline of warrior, despite my last fiasco. I wouldn’t let my weaker, angel to my devil reappear and ruin this for me.

I moved myself into the centre of the battle field, surveying everything around me, on constant alert, eyes darting the shadows and up into moonlit skies, awaiting my sparring partner. I was primed and more than ready for this, it was what I lived for..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: Invasion!
Count:505
OOC: This will be my first ever fight, so I apologise!

Image Credits

[/quote]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Eenie. Meenie. Minie.

Mo.

Bronze eyes locked onto his target, a grin and mad smile pulling the black lips up his maw, revealing pale teeth in the shadows. An equine, pale and built in a way that seemed almost too muscular caught his eye. He seemed to be the cross of some sort of work steed and a Spanish type, making Ulrik look almost lithe in comparison. The black unicorn with the two, spiraled, devil's horns was taller, body muscular but definitely more streamlined simply by breed type. Would this be similar to fighting his brothers back when he still wandered in that band of bumbling, warring bachelors?

Well, he supposed he would find out, but this...cretin was obviously of a lesser being simply by his ugly, white bare head. Such an abomination would be better wiped out than living. Though far from a biologist, the engineer did understand the fundamental need to wipe out certain lines from the genetic pool. Poor sap, born this way, never really had a chance.

Ah well, life sucks and you die. Unless you're a unicorn, that is.

Ulrik could hear Kirchoff rolling his eyes in his head and the stallion snorted in irritation at the pup. "And what would you know, runt?" he asked aloud, staring pointedly at the tiny two month old who did nothing in return but scowl in a puppy sort of way. Kirchoff would not be of much use except for distraction, and Ulrik, for as much of an asshole as he was, was unwilling to put this creature in undue danger.

And with his mechanical wolf sparking in the Basin, his magic abilities still impotent, it seemed as if the engineer was left only to his mad brain and physical skills to get the job done. Shame though, he should have clearly practiced more.

The charcoal beast and his equally dark pup of a friend strode with an overly proper gait and with a pleasant dip of the head to the pale stallion who stood in the middle of the battle field. "Why sir, how unfortunate," he said, the deep baritone of his voice almost uncomfortably graveled and distorted. "Thank you for providing me with the pleasure of ridding another one of your bareheaded kind today." Ulrik flashed a smile of madness and then threw his body into battle with little warning.

The black and bronze unicorn lunged forward, muscles in his haunches pushed his body forward as he tilted his head to the side and sliced upward firmly. Hopefully he would manage to catch some of his opponent's left chest or shoulder, assuming of course, that he remained face to face. Ulrik then lifted his head back upright and danced forward, flashing his cloven hooves out behind him, hoping to catch Arlo's haunches or at least divert a counter attack.

[[(474 words) | (1/4) | 0 magic/companion uses
- Ulrik lunges forward and tries to stab arlo in the chest or shoulder
- Ulrik runs past and then kicks out with his hooves ]]

THE FUNDAMENTAL LAW OF KIRCHOFF STATES THAT
the sum of currents entering a node must equal the sum of currents exiting a node

Stephy

Arlo

The hairs on my neck stood on end as I sensed my opponent advancing on me. My pools scanned the horizons, and quickly locked onto my target. He was an obsidian pelted horned beast, as Seele and Agrona were. The horn was no importance to me, he was going to suffer horned or not.

We seemed relatively evenly matched, though he was leaner. That would give him the upper hand in speed and agility, but I would win out in typical brute strength. I suppose I could at least thank my lucky stars that I was finally facing an adversary that was of my own gender. No more of these masculine females who thought themselves equal on the battlefield.

Icy pools gleamed and sparked at the imminent spilling of life blood, and right now I couldn’t care a less if it was mine or his, such was the high I was on. I had been waiting on this for months, and fingers crossed nothing or rather no-one would ruin this for me. It was all I could do was to pray that the poison didn’t rear its ugly head again, it would be the last thing I needed against this two pronged brute.

I watched as he advanced upon me, with an all too familiar smirk of madness plastered on his maw. If we weren’t regimented by duty to battle each other, we could have been kindred spirits. But there wasn’t time for this now. I primed and ready to dodge and launch myself at him as he began to speak, in an unnaturally gravelly tone. I blinked as he spat his racist lyrics at me, clearly believing he was going to remove me from the planet in the foreseeable future. Well we would see about that, for it certainly wasn’t my intention to let him.

He beamed at me, with an insane grin and took that chance to fly at me, trying to catch me unawares. It took next to no time for me to respond to dodging out to the right, my heavy frame taking a touch too much time to move and allowing the brutes horn to catch the left of my chest in an upward motion. I winced inwardly, refusing to let him see. That would scar after it healed.

He then chose to spin round to use his haunches to lash out at me. As he did so however, I propelled myself round to his left hand side and drove myself forward, hoping to plough into him, to wind him a little, if not to take him off balance, and perhaps if I used enough force to take him off his feet. His cloven hooves whistled passed me, missing me by inches.

I decided to move quickly, refusing to give him a chance to catch his breath. I flung myself round to his dial, mouth wide attempting to tear at his face or ears, to try and render him shocked and possibly unable to focus properly.

[[(501 words) | (1/4) | 0 magic/companion uses
- Ulrik caught Arlo in the left of his chest, creating a deep gash.
- Arlo brings himself round to Ulriks side and runs at him, attempting to knock him off his feet
-Arlo brings himself to Ulriks front and attempts to tear at Ulriks face or ears. ]]

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: Invasion!
Count:501

Image Credits

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik had already been moving away since the flash out with his hooves had only been brief and the larger stallion wouldn't have been able to get around to his side fast enough. The black had been running, tried to stab, and kicked out in his speed along his linear pathway, rocketing the long-legged beast into the desert.

Still, his opponent seemed to follow, eager to make a name for himself, perhaps. Ulrik bared his own fangs and ducked his head out of reach of the white horse's grab and then tilted his nose toward his chest, sending the horns on his brow swinging downward, hopefully right onto his opponent's face. The black heard a small cry from his companion and turned his head, looking into the fray to see his leader, Psyche, fall. Words could not describe the anger he felt coursing through him at that moment. Why would he follow weakness into battle? Why would he continue fighting a battle that was already lost?

Idiocy. Unworthy of being a lead.

Ulrik was furious, and instead of turning back to face his opponent and fight, the black stallion cantered in the direction of the exit of the Throat, ears pinned to his skull tightly. Finally, the stallion stopped and turned to face the gray, his body shaking in his rage, bronze eyes gleaming with hatred and fire. "I no longer have a reason to fight you," he spat, casting a disgusted glance at the fallen Psyche.

"I am leaving." Ulrik bared his teeth, flashing his leonine tail around his hocks as the rage burned before moving back up to the north, head tilted to the side to catch anyone who would come at him from the rear.

[[Basically, Ulrik is pissed off and walking away. You are welcome to treat this battle as a draw if you let him go, or you can continue attacking. Up to you!]]

THE FUNDAMENTAL LAW OF KIRCHOFF STATES THAT
the sum of currents entering a node must equal the sum of currents exiting a node

Stephy

Arlo

Drat. What was going on with me? My attempt to knock the horned one off balance had missed by miles. I should have seen he was moving way too fast for me to reach him in time. I could only hope that it wasn’t the poison in me resurfacing at the most inconvenient time. As I launched myself forward, attempting to tear at the beasts face, he ducked away from me and tried to bring his damn horn downwards onto my dial. Luckily the poison hadn’t fogged my judgement so far that I didn’t dodge out of the way at speed. The thorn whistled past, leaving just a small scratch on my cheek that barely even drew blood.

I need to get back on form, and fast. I was losing this battle and that quite frankly wasn’t good enough. I couldn’t drag myself back to Seele without a win under my belt; the humiliation would be far too great. There was no way I would go crawling back to her and hope she had pity on me. I wanted to prance back in, after a heroic win so that she would eventually take me seriously and treated me as the celebrated warrior I supposedly was, though I might not be showing it right now..

I primed myself for my next move, ready to fly at him all guns blazing, until I realised that my opponent was distracted. I stole a lightning fast glance over to where he was staring. Another horned one was collapsed on the floor, beaten. I only had to take in the disgusted look on my adversary’s maw to see she must have been their commander in the battle. What made me chuckle inwardly was that the fallen was missing her prominent horn, all that was left was a jagged, ugly stump. Well that would serve the racist bastard in front of me right. For his leader was now exactly what he seemed to hate, a mere equine.

What came next came as a completely unexpected blow. The black enigma excused himself from our conflict and left, with barely even a word. Well. I wasn’t having this. There was no way our fight was to end without someone being victorious, even if it wasn’t me. It just wasn’t right; you couldn’t leave something half finished. There was no way he was getting away with this outrage.

I took off in hot pursuit after his quickly disappearing haunches, bellowing after him;

’Come back here and finish this you coward. Your leader might have fallen but you haven’t. Come here and prove yourself more worthy than her!’

As I followed him, the all too familiar dizziness settled over me, causing me to stumble and my vision to blur. Dammit. This was all I needed right now. There was no way I was leaving this battle unfinished, even if it meant I was torn to pieces.

I regained my composure and put in one final spurt to catch the brute. I launched myself towards the plump, muscled behind with ivories bared and attempted to tear a chunk from his flank, whilst quickly moving myself from any flailing cloven hooves that may come flying my way..

[[535 words) | (2/4) | 0 magic/companion uses
- Ulrik caught Arlo lightly on the side of his cheek, scratching him lightly.
- Arlo launches himself at Ulriks flanks, attempting to tear out a chunk. ]]

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Ulrik]
Count:535

Image Credits

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
72 hours have passed. Ulrik defaults to Arlo.
Arlo receives +.5 VP and earns one point for the Throat Defenders.