the Rift

[OPEN] Dying is your latest fashion. [DEFENCE]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy

Arlo
For all is not always fair in both love and war..

Drat. What was going on with me? My attempt to knock the horned one off balance had missed by miles. I should have seen he was moving way too fast for me to reach him in time. I could only hope that it wasn’t the poison in me resurfacing at the most inconvenient time. As I launched myself forward, attempting to tear at the beasts face, he ducked away from me and tried to bring his damn horn downwards onto my dial. Luckily the poison hadn’t fogged my judgement so far that I didn’t dodge out of the way at speed. The thorn whistled past, leaving just a small scratch on my cheek that barely even drew blood.

I need to get back on form, and fast. I was losing this battle and that quite frankly wasn’t good enough. I couldn’t drag myself back to Seele without a win under my belt; the humiliation would be far too great. There was no way I would go crawling back to her and hope she had pity on me. I wanted to prance back in, after a heroic win so that she would eventually take me seriously and treated me as the celebrated warrior I supposedly was, though I might not be showing it right now..

I primed myself for my next move, ready to fly at him all guns blazing, until I realised that my opponent was distracted. I stole a lightning fast glance over to where he was staring. Another horned one was collapsed on the floor, beaten. I only had to take in the disgusted look on my adversary’s maw to see she must have been their commander in the battle. What made me chuckle inwardly was that the fallen was missing her prominent horn, all that was left was a jagged, ugly stump. Well that would serve the racist bastard in front of me right. For his leader was now exactly what he seemed to hate, a mere equine.

What came next came as a completely unexpected blow. The black enigma excused himself from our conflict and left, with barely even a word. Well. I wasn’t having this. There was no way our fight was to end without someone being victorious, even if it wasn’t me. It just wasn’t right; you couldn’t leave something half finished. There was no way he was getting away with this outrage.

I took off in hot pursuit after his quickly disappearing haunches, bellowing after him;

’Come back here and finish this you coward. Your leader might have fallen but you haven’t. Come here and prove yourself more worthy than her!’

As I followed him, the all too familiar dizziness settled over me, causing me to stumble and my vision to blur. Dammit. This was all I needed right now. There was no way I was leaving this battle unfinished, even if it meant I was torn to pieces.

I regained my composure and put in one final spurt to catch the brute. I launched myself towards the plump, muscled behind with ivories bared and attempted to tear a chunk from his flank, whilst quickly moving myself from any flailing cloven hooves that may come flying my way..

[[535 words) | (2/4) | 0 magic/companion uses
- Ulrik caught Arlo lightly on the side of his cheek, scratching him lightly.
- Arlo launches himself at Ulriks flanks, attempting to tear out a chunk. ]]

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Ulrik]
Count:535
OOC: This will be my first ever fight, so I apologise!

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Dying is your latest fashion. [DEFENCE] - by Arlo - 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Dying is your latest fashion. [DEFENCE] - by Arlo - 08-25-2013, 06:27 AM