the Rift

wherever the wind blows [open]

Sabiya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sabiya</style>
i have no fear, i have only love</style>

Its kind of weird how fate knows what you want before you even know for sure yourself, but Sabiya trusted fate. She allowed it to guide her and shape her future the way it saw fit. All of her life she had followed the path that the wind had directed her on and now she stood before a large forest. The wind continued to nudge her, whip her hair toward the forest. Whatever resistance Sabiya offered was short lived, as the wind had never steered her wrong before. As she stepped into the forest the wind died away and left her standing in darkness, with only the moonlight and odd little trees to light her path. She looked to her left and to her right, wondering where the wind had gone and why it wasn't directing her where to go now. This had never happened before, whenever she was lost she was given direction.

Sabiya only waited a few minutes before she ventured forth, bright eyes straining in the dim light to see beyond the small area that was lit. Her head tilted upward and she looked toward the sky and sighed quietly. "Where have you brought me?" She asked. "What am I to do here?" Naturally, there was no answer to the questions she voiced and so Sabi sighed again and moved on. She would just have to find her own way until the wind found her again and gave her direction.

"Hello?" She called out as she moved through the moonlit forest. "Anyone around?"

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Get away, get away, get away!

Just for a moment. Just for one moment. Yes, yes... That was what he needed. Just for a night, he needed to get away. Just for a couple of hours, he would steal himself away into the darkness with only the moon there to guide his steps. Leaving the Foothills to journey onwards, to clear his head of all the troubled thoughts and leftover nightmares...

Honestly, Apollo thought that once he had found Andreas, the twisting, laughing shadows of his sleepless nights would cease. That with the return of his dear, beloved sister, that everything would settle and be right again. However, it seemed that fate was conspiring against him. With Andreas in his life, his days had gotten better, yet his nights... They were terrible. Then again, when was night anymore? Was night now day, since it was only then that they were granted light by the lovely shine of the moon?

Apollo snorted. "I need to stop thinking things like that," he murmured to himself, his voice carrying through the moonlit darkness of the Threshold, "Or I'll drive myself crazy." For Apollo, things had changed since becoming Chief. He felt as though he was not made for such a role, but he would continue to try and become what his dark lady had seen in him. For certainly Ktulu wouldn't have promoted him if she hadn't seen potential shining within him?

For so long the stallion had been plagued by such self-depreciating thoughts. For once, just for a little while, he wanted to escape it all. He wanted to forget it, to wander, to let himself be carried along the still-cool breeze of Birdsong in an attempt to clear his head... Just for a few hours.

Words whispered through the air, causing the ebonite stallion to pause in his steps. Ears perked upwards, facing forwards, his eyes searching. Was there someone wandering these woods as well?

"Hello?" He called back, hooves carrying his frame towards the sound of the voice. Damn this darkness. It was only a few moments later that he spotted her, a dark thing moving through the moonlit trees, looking quite lost. For a moment Apollo studied her, simply admiring her jade horn and the sharpness of her eyes, and he spoke once more, his voice slightly louder to gain her attention.

"Greetings, ma'am," Apollo murmured softly, a smile upturning his lips. There was troubled thoughts swimming in his eyes, however, hollowing his smile, but it was still genuine. "My name is Apollo... Could I ask yours?"

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Unregistered
Sabiya</style>

Her hooves stopped and delicate ears pricked forward at the distant sound of a voice. Was it someone else in the forest or was she just hearing the echo of her voice? Did she really sound that manish? Movement in the forest, though hard to see because of the darkness, drew her attention to a certain area. She could not pinpoint his position, exactly, but was comfortable knowing the general area he was in. The fact that he could be someone hateful and try to attack was the furthest from her mind.

Sabiya smiled when the stallion stepped into a spot of light and she could see him clearly. He was quite handsome, she could admit, from the tip of his blue horn down to his hooves, but as handsome as he was it would all be a waste if his personality didn't match. "Hello." She said in response to his greeting. Her smile grew as she spotted his upturned lips. Anyone who could readily smile at a perfect stranger couldn't be all that bad, at least not from her personal experience.

"Pleasure to meet you, Apollo. I'm Sabiya." She took several steps toward the stallion, her body perfectly relaxed and at ease as she moved. "You wouldn't mind telling me where I am, would you?" She asked. The mare turned and looked back in the direction she had come, contemplating leaving the forest just to see if the wind would return and direct her back into the forest. Questions flashed through her mind, all of which she had no answer to. The biggest question in her mind was what fate had in store for her and what role, if any, the stallion that had come to greet her would play in it.

A P O L L O

Sabiya.

That was her name, the name of this strangely colored female. Well, he shouldn't say that... Her colors were muted, but strangely attractive. Perhaps the thing that struck Apollo the most, however, were her eyes. Vibrant, acidic green, but oh, so gentle in the way that she regarded him. The moment that she had spoken, Apollo's ears flicked forward in her direction, her melodical voice causing something to shift in his chest. Her voice was kind, soft, welcoming... It was a tone that he had heard from no one but his sister, Andreas.

"You wouldn't mind telling me where I am, would you?"

The words, spoken like a leaf dancing upon a breeze caused Apollo to smile, a warm chuckle escaping his lips. "The pleasure is mine, miss Sabiya," he began, taking a few small steps forward to lessen the distance between them, not missing when Sabiya herself seemed to do the same. Her posture displayed that she was at-ease, and the Merciful found himself relaxing in her presence. Due to their sudden closeness, the stallion noticed small things about her, like the braids nestled in her ebony locks, and thought them charming. "And I do not mind in the slightest. You have entered the land of Helovia, but I'm afraid this might not have been the best of times... It hasn't always been dark and dreary like this, I'm afraid."

Apollo paused to allow his lips to twitch downwards. The question of when their life would return to light, however, could not be answered.

"Forces higher than myself have robbed us of our Gods, or so I've been told. That is why it is so dark here... I have hope, however, that they will return soon." The overo stallion smiled once more, his head tipping upwards. "May I ask what brings you here, to our land, miss Sabiya? Perhaps I could be of some kind of assistance to you?"

[ooc: Semi-short post. Hope you don't mind, Ali <3]

Unregistered
Sabiya</style>

"Helovia." Sabiya repeated, allowing the strange name of the equally strange land roll off of her tongue. There was a slight tilt of her head as she was told it was not, perhaps, the best of times to have stumbled into a new land. He then proceeded to explain and Sabiya smiled widely at Apollo. "There is always light after darkness." She said sounding confident, though she knew so very little about the land, its customs, its inhabitants, and its gods. "You only need to look for it, Apollo."

The dark stallion made Sabiya smile again. "Hope is good." She said, reaching her muzzle toward him. "Without hope we are truly lost." As he asked what had brought her to Helovia the mare retracted her muzzle and glanced back in the direction she had come. A weak breeze fluttered her ebony forelock, but it was not her wind. It was not what had guided her her entire life, but it was wind nonetheless. "The wind." She answered, her gaze returning to Apollo. "And right now it's blowing in that direction." The mare gave a tilt of her head and winked playfully before setting off at a trot deeper into the forest. "Are you coming?" She called back.

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

My attention was suddenly drawn towards the Threshold as I walked past it, on my way to the Heavenly Fields to meet Chemical. The small tinge I got in my stomach is what made me stop. But, the rasping voice inside my mind was what made me gasp. He was speaking to me again! Finally. I needed him for company.

Do something with yourself. Go, meet someone.

I sighed. It wasn't the words I would've wished him to speak. But I had to deal with it. I couldn't complain. Having him back was something I had wished for for many days, possibly even months. His voice nestled in my heart, fluttering to the bottom. A strip of paper poisoned with black ink to simply find it's place among the rest of them. For, when I feel, I can bury myself in them, read them when I am lonely. Cherish them when I am in need. Use them as food to feed my hungry and eager heart and mind. It had become boring reading over and over old sayings, oh but now I would be pleasured to see this new, crisp strip of paper cuddling with all those ugly brown, wrinkled and ripped strips that I despised.

" I have missed you..."

I mumbled quickly to him, before directing my clefts in the direction of the dark forest, lit with few strange trees that lit your way and guided your stomps as you followed the known trails that twirled and danced around the trees, the undergrowth. My mind was set far off, I must force it to concentrate on now. Although, I could tell that he wanted to show me something. Now wasn't the time.

With my mane tickling my left knee, I jogged on. My clefts felt as though they where set upon a path of clouds, rather that this sloppy soil that with my every step sent a rain of mud to settle in my pearly coat. I went on and on, until the breeze that caressed my locks was tinted with the stench of life. A smile danced onto my kissers, my ice blue pools lighting with joy as I slowed to a walk. Stopping, I flexed my large muscles, raising my dome to lift my maw. Letting the everything flow into my scenters, I established what, or who was lurking in the shadows.

Actually, not lurking. Stomping around in the undergrowth was a Stallion and Mare. Both unicorns, I suppose. Their smell has the tint that Antheia has. I sighed, Antheia wasn't something I wished to think, or talk about. Another rasp, now a chuckle. I smiled wider. Father, you think it's funny, huh? I silently addressed him, not wishing to speak of him with these unknown Unicorns stomping around.

Approach them, you coward.

I snorted. Who said I wasn't going to? . My remark was yet again silent. I walked forward, my beauty rolling off me in waves. Stepping to my left, I walked into the shadows. They cloaked me, covered my like a cozy blanket. Hidden among the trees I walk on, only to set my blue pools on the frames of two Unicorns.

My smile was now polite and welcoming as I restrained from the shadows, and let the moonlit engulf my lean frame, my locks, my beauty. I dipped my dome to each of them, recognizing the Stallion. The one I had met in the Heavenly Fields, with Antheia and Midas. Why, it was Apollo! My smile widened.

" Pleasure to see you again, Apollo. "

{ I apologize for jumping in, and the super long post (: }
Tags; @[Apollo] @[Sabiya]
Yes! Third 1k post!!! (: SO happy! <3

Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1

A P O L L O

"There is always light after darkness. You only need to look for it, Apollo."

Something struck and settled within the stallion's breast at Sabiya's words, and for a few moments he could only stare at her. Throughout this entire ordeal, the entire event of such a dark, tumultuous time, no one had said such words to him. He had always known that there was hope amongst the occupants of Helovia, that he had hope, but... This, this was something new entirely. Sabiya spoke with such confidence in her words, such gentleness, such wisdom that far exceeded her years. It was like she had lived through such dark times and had seen the light at the end of the struggle.

"Your words are wise, miss Sabiya," Apollo murmured softly, his pools of honey-brown lingering upon the sharp, electric green of her own eyes, "If only the rest of the world could act as though you do, I feel we would all be better off."

Unknowing what else to say to such wisdom, Apollo merely smiled, almost goofily, at the painted mare. She went on to explain just what had drawn her to Helovia in the first place, and he dipped his head in a slight nod. A wanderer, then? A soul free to roam, free to follow the course of the wind? Apollo, who had only suffered through terror and oppression, couldn't imagine living such a free lifestyle.

When she turned, jade horn glinting in the brief light, and beckoned him to follow, Apollo did just that. The Merciful followed the mare, his steps light, tail flicking, knees picking up high to avoid the foliage that grew within the Threshold's forest. A skill he had carried from his time spent in the Deep Forest, certainly.

"What will you wish to do now that you've come here, Sabiya?" Apollo inquired after a few moments, his eyes flicking from the path ahead of them to the green eyes of his companion, "If you're searching for a home, I can offer you that." Despite the fact that they have only just met, and that they barely knew one another, the overo couldn't imagine Sabiya residing within the Foothills. They were too... Militaristic. A humorless chuckle nearly left his lips. It was a wonder he managed to live there, but... The Grey was his family.

"Or, if you would rather... I can show you around Helovia?"

Still, it seemed that their stroll was destined to be interrupted. Before they could venture much farther, a voice made itself known, and Apollo pulled up short. Head turning, the Merciful eyed the mare who stood a ways off, giving a snort of warning before recognition grew. It was Harmony, Antheia's adopted daughter. My, how she had grown. He smiled warmly at the youth, but then paused, for something had changed drastically within the brown and white creature. He couldn't place it, but immediately it made him wary.

She had grown, yes, into her body and turned into a young woman... But her looks were lost on Apollo. There was a haughtiness now that Harmony sported, and quite frankly, it reminded him too much of Phaedra. The thought caused him to grimace. She attempted to sport her looks, but Apollo found that he much enjoyed the modest honesty of Sabiya than this child parading around in a woman's body.

"Good to see you again as well, Harmony. We were just on our way, however, so I do beg your pardon." The Chief's smile remained, and he glanced towards Sabiya with dancing honey eyes before looking back to Harmony. "Perhaps we'll meet up again in the future. Please, send your mother my regards, hmm? I hope she is well."

Looking back to Sabiya, Apollo's warm, cordial smile remained. With that, he continued on at a slow walk, his muzzle tipping inwards towards Sabiya.

Unregistered
Sabiya</style>

"Your words are wise, Miss Sabiya. If only the rest of the world could act as though you do, I feel we would all be better off."

The oddly painted mare smiled then giggled at Apollo and shook her head. "I think a world where everyone got a long swimmingly would be boring!" She declared. "A little tension and head butting doesn't hurt too badly if its not taken to extremes." Unfortunately she had run across her fair share of beings on her journey that hated her because she had a horn atop her head, but they were beings that she felt were blinded by an inborn hatred that had been nurtured by hate poisoned families. Still, those conflicts had helped her to grow and had helped her learn. She, herself, was a very accepting mare so she didn't hate the misguided souls that hated her for no good reason. She pitied them, if anything, and offered them nothing more than a few kind words before going on her way.

Apollo spoke again, asking her what she was going to do now that she was in Helovia and it didn't take her long to decide what she would do. "Explore, of course." It was what she did in every new land she'd discovered so far, but there was something different about Helovia. She could almost feel something sinister and it made her curious when she should have turned tail and ran. That and she also wanted to find out why the wind that had guided her her entire life had suddenly stopped when she'd stepped into the forest she was travelling though with her new-found companion.

"You know... I think that would be great." Sabiya smiled at Apollo again, but soon she realized that they were no longer alone in the forest. Her retreat stopped and she turned to see a young mare trailing behind them. Her ears flicked forward and she nickered a greeting, before she looked to Apollo and saw how his features tightened. The subtle shift in his body language spoke volumes. She watched as Apollo greeted the other mare, politely excusing themselves from her presence.

Sabiya waited for Apollo to begin walking again before she started once more. "You said you can offer me a home." She prompted. "I can't say that I've ever had an actual home before, but there's a first for everything, right? Tell me about your home."

A P O L L O

A part of him felt bad for simply pushing past Harmony, but he was certain that they would see one another agian. For now, he directed his attention to Sabiya, his footfalls evenly placed, his pace relaxed and leisurely. The stallion flicked his tail, listening to Sabiya as she spoke. Her words caused him to smile even brighter, a jovial spark shining in his brown eyes.

"I live in a land north from here, called the Windtossed Foothills. If you'd like, that can be the first place that I show you, then we can move on from there?" Above them, the moonlight continued to shine down, stars twinkling in the heavens. Apollo thought it all very... Relaxing. "The terrain is a bit mountanous, but there is an abundance of food and water, and places to run and stretch your legs. I used to live in a rather thick forest, you see, so I'm quite enjoying the freedom that the Foothills is offering."

"I live with my herd... We are a small band, a family called 'the Grey'." Here, the overo paused as if in deep thought. What would Sabiya think if she knew that they were a band of ruthless mercenaries? Ruthless... Apollo resisted the urge to scoff. He was far from 'ruthless'... Yet he found that he couldn't lie to the wanderer. "Once we were a band of mercenaries, swearing loyalty to no one but ourselves. Now, well... Honestly, I'm not sure what we are. Another herd searching for safety in numbers, I suppose."

The nostalgic tone of his voice soon dropped, and he was smiling once more. "Either way, I can off you the Foothills as your home... Or I can show you somewhere that might be more promising of your tastes, miss Sabiya."

Oliver Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Break them, or I will...

My large hooves clipped through the forest. I'd just been net by Rasta and Adrixaura. Rasta had much better manners, but she also seemed more pleasant to be around. Rasta was a snowy white girl who was oddly mother-like. Adrixaura was a nearly blue mare with spots covering parts of her body. Adrixaura had been rude and approached me like she meant shit to me, which she didn't. If Rasta hadn't showed, I could've killed Adrixaura right there and then, just to make sure she would die knowing respect.

I was powerful and young. I was also rather tall and muscular. I was most certainly not afraid to through my bulking slab of meat at another horse to kill, teach them a lesson, or both. I was a well oiled machine ready to fight, to the death. As I thought about her, my muscles flexed under my by hide. I'd also not liked how she just assumed I was a draft. Did I have feathers? No. I was partly draft, and that's where I got my muscle and height, but also Holsteiner.

I heard multiple voices up ahead and tiptoed in the shadows. I became nearly invisible. The thick tree trunks blocking me from their view, they wouldn't be able to see me, so now, I listened. Obviously I would only be getting the tail end of this conversation. "Either way, I can off you the Foothills as your home... Or I can show you somewhere that might be more promising of your tastes, miss Sabiya." Said the paint stallion. I wasn't sure which mare he was talking to, but I liked the name Sabiya. I also liked the one with the golden markings.

I bent my head around and look at my flanks. Two enormous wings were folded at my sides, and what color where they? Gold. My hooves and orbs were also gold. I felt drawn to the gold one. She was beautiful, so she had to become mine. Later, hopefully, I would run into her and just attempt to seduce her. I assumed she was Sabiya, since this paint seemed to be speaking mostly to her. They spoke of these so called Foothills, and I hoped she would join them so I could find her again if I so desired to. Smirking at myself, I watch them.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

So basically, he's just watching them. He is hidden from there views. Feel free to skip me whenever! (As in, you do not need to wait 48 hours), as I may not post here again. :p but then again, I might. I dunno!

Unregistered
Sabiya</style>

Sabiya listened intently as Apollo began to tell her about his home as she had asked him. His home did sound good, but she did like mountains so she could have been a bit biased already. He continued on, though, and she found herself staring at him. Had she completely misjudged his kind smile and gentle eyes? "Were?" She found herself asking. Were mercenaries. She wasn't so sure that the Foothills was someplace that she wanted to call home. The mare had seen enough fighting in her travels, and she may have said only moments before that a little conflict helped to liven things up, but she was no fighter. She could not fight and kill for material goods, it was just completely against her character.

The oddly marked mare wasn't sure what to think about Apollo's offer of the Foothills. "I've never been part of a herd." She said truthfully. "All my life I've wandered because my mother was a wanderer." The mare blinked then glanced up at the star filled sky. Sabiya had never been very secretive about anything in her life. She was an open book for anyone willing to read the pages. "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about by safety in numbers." She laughed quietly and looked back at Apollo, deciding that she hadn't misjudged him. No, she trusted her judgement too much to start doubting herself.

"I would like to see the Foothills, they sound quite beautiful." She continued on. "But I think I'd like to explode Helovia before I make a decision on where I'd like to call home." If she wanted to call any herd home, that was. "But I guess its time that we get out of this forest and on with the tour?" With that she trotted forward quickly, ready to explore.