the Rift

Heave anchors and set sail

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

Torleik, for the most part, was an uncomplicated stallion. Left to his own devices he did not form twisting, intertwined, Machiavellian motives and plans. He was a naturally solitary creature, an introvert if there ever was one, quite content with the simple pleasures and simple observations about life.

This was not an indication of simplicity of the mind. The unicorn was sharp and observant, clever and capable of holding his own in a mental spar. A physical spar as well - which is what these two seemed to think would eventually be necessary of him. The black stallion lent an ear to Ulrik's speech, his curiosity highly piqued by this land. Was it strong in magic? Were the gods felt here? A strange, cloaked figure...he had heard such stories amongst his people before they received gifts of many kinds: some physical objects, some healing, some new skills. He wished to mine Ulrik's mental veins for the ore of knowledge the slightly unhinged male seemed to possess.

The topic shifted again to his potential membership within this clan. Deimos pressed for loyalty, Ulrik for something not quite so concrete. Torleik was inclined towards Ulrik's offer though he knew Deimos to be the more higher ranking of the two.

"I will join you," he said slowly, thoughtfully. "But loyalty is something earned, not something given. I will, however, lend my strength when needed."

The blue eyed demon gazed curiously at Ulrik. Was he offering companionship? That seemed...untoward, with what little observation he had gathered of this engineer. Perhaps he had made a miscalculation in his initial judgement; perhaps not. Torleik was no stranger to the world of manipulation and intrigue - he simply chose to avoid it when he could. It was not a stretch of the mind to think that this entire meeting was a set-up. Deimos, the leader, intercepting him after watching his travels for however long; calling a trusted warrior or spy to his side: Ulrik; the plan unfolds as they expect and Ulrik fills his role of new friend purely to keep an eye on this newcomer, to learn his secrets and weaknesses and how to exploit him most easily.

All of this crashed through Torleik's mind like a storm-tossed ship against a rocky coast, though his face was as untelling as the glassy, reflective surface of a lake undisturbed by even the slightest ripple of wind. "A knowledgeable guide would be useful," he returned, shifting towards Ulrik. He turned his horned, anvil head towards Deimos once more. "I am certain we will meet again."

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Heave anchors and set sail - by Torleik - 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Heave anchors and set sail - by Deimos - 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Heave anchors and set sail - by Ulrik - 08-20-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Heave anchors and set sail - by Torleik - 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Heave anchors and set sail - by Deimos - 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Heave anchors and set sail - by Ulrik - 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM