the Rift

[OPEN] The games the demons play - Seele

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her eyes were wide with fear as she carefully picked her way through the marsh, doing her best to stick to the concealed path that was her best chance of staying safe and sane. The moon had returned but that didn't help her anxiety levels all too much, not when this region seemed to hold a darkness of another sort. The plants looked sicker than usual and a strange odour clung to the air, an aroma that was sickly sweet. It was faded but nevertheless still assaulted the mare's nostrils enough to know it was recent. What had happened here? The mare had only been gone for a few days to try and clear her mind, to see if there was anything that could trigger her memory coming back. She had spent most of her time wandering around the lands aimlessly, avoiding every creature she could. Upon realising that nothing was going to bring it back she'd dejectedly decided to head back to the one horse that could promise her a home; Seele. Sonya had disappeared before she had met the rest of the Asylum. Part of her had panicked, wondering if there was a reason that she was alone. Accepting that this was her new life had led her coming back, but now it seemed that there may not be a band to return to.

Releasing a cautious whinny, Sonya stopped where she stood. Her silver tail was clamped down uneasily, her ears flicking in all directions. Beneath her grey pelt her muscles were coiled, meaning the dappled lass was ready to flee at a moment's notice. She might have forgotten her entire past, but that didn't mean she had lost her instincts to run away before danger. Spectral Marsh was a scary place at the best of times but when the lass was alone she found it that much more terrifying. She didn't want another scar. The first time she'd seen the damaged tissue on her face since arriving here she'd felt her heart stop, suddenly fearful of what her past would do to her if it ever caught up. This place instilled the same amount of fear now, directly into her heart. Breathing deeply, she calmed her nerves. She was being silly. Nothing was going to hurt her. She just needed to find her new family and find out what happened. Yes, that would make everything okay. Opening her maw, she called out warily once more, her tone much more subdued this time. "Hello? Seele? Is anybody here?!" The grulla lass could only hope that someone from the Asylum would find her soon.

Word count; 436
Tagged; @[Seele]
Notes; Set after the RE, but before the invasion

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I feel so strange. It's like the world around me is a blur. I don't hear the voices of the souls and now everything around me might as well be twenty times more terrifying than they actually are. Unheil is coming for me. He says that this sickness will be the death of me. But, could it perhaps be my rebirth?

I was trying to think of all of the members of this herd, no family, I had created. Everyone I had brought in. Eris was floating in the back of my mind. But, she still put me off. She wanted the power. She wanted the recognition. But, did she do anything? It sure didn't feel like it. That was beside the point, though. I was not to ramble while my brain was not at it's full functioning level.

No, instead I focused on the trees. How many had I passed in a row? Five. One more. Okay. Turn to the right and keep going. I had memorized the safe path and it used to come so easily. But, now, with this sickness shrouding my cranium I didn't have the ability to just forget how many steps each direction. After all, one misstep could lead to death.

But, there was another strange feeling in my gut. It was as if I was afraid. And the thoughts of seeing someone else from this little band made me elated. I had heard of these emotions, but never felt them. Never felt the gut wrenching feeling of the way nerves tighten and clamp up your stomach. I had never felt the nervous butterflies when you knew you were going to do something different. I had never felt like I was on top of the world...

That didn't matter. My thoughts were broken as I heard a whinny come and float into the air. Someone needs you, darling. Go find them. Innerste instructed, and so I set out toward it. Again, the call was in the air. And then, my name was there as well. "I'm here, kleine..." I called out, pulling out of the shadows, eyebrows furrowed in concern. Another emotion. God. If I could get rid of this poison perhaps I wouldn't actually be this weak. "What's wrong, Sonya?"

Innerste spoke one last time, You are learning to be stronger...

408 words
LOLOL
Seele feeling emotions = awkward
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The grulla mare stopped moving after another few feet of walking, not knowing where the path went. It was difficult to see the track and she didn't want to stray off of it. That would be perilous to say the least. There were much kinder means of suicide, not that this lass wanted to die. She wanted to live despite her traumatised mind damaging her personality. It was safer to be found by another equine that to end up being attacked by ghosts of victims of the Marsh. Besides, she had made it thus far and was trying to become stronger, not weaker. Shaking her head, her apathy for her thoughts resulted in a change of topic as she prevented herself bolting forwards. Her anxiety for her new family expressed itself in her movements as she jogged on the spot slightly, shifting her weight on and off the forehand like some sort of see-saw. The silver dapple mare was not left waiting for long however. In a matter of moments Seele's voice was carried through the air to her radars, resulting in relief taking away some of the tension in her body.

Brown eyes found the unicorn as she moved out of the shadows. There was an expression on the lass' face that Sonya was surprised to see; concern. When she first met Seele there was an absence of emotion but now there were feelings written over her as clear as day. The young equine only thought of that for a few seconds before more words spilled out of the maw of the other mare. "What happened here?" Sonya answered, her rushed words were laced with deep concern of her own, a feeling of protectiveness that was quite new to her erupting in her chest. This was her family. She might not be the head of it, but she still cared about the members whether she had met them or not. She hated herself for not suffering the same fate as they did. Somehow it made her feel like an outsider, and that was nasty emotion too. It sent her mind further down the spiral, more paranoid this home of hers was just temporary. That notion upset her so she ignored it. Pushing it from the forefront of her cranium she waited impatiently for an answer, focusing solely on Seele.

Word count; 383
Muse; low ._.
Notes; sorry for the general crappiness of this.