the Rift

[OPEN] flowers bloom beneath the moon; [ Welcoming ]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
[ OOC: Descaro and Imi are currently on a hiatus, so we left him to do patrols at the Steppe for IC purposes. :3 Flordeperia first please and then others are more than welcome to come say hi. <3 ]

The steep mountain path, narrow from it's origin to it's end, now began to level out and ease the intensity of it's slope, the corporal taking a few bouncy steps in a trot to close the distance out. They had bid Descaro farewell at the Steppe, the steadfast corporal taking his leave to attend to his duties, leaving Illynx to decide how to go about introducing the new member to the Basin; a task she thoroughly enjoyed, really. Gracefully her body turned after she had made it far enough out from the path to the kingdom below that the new arrival could swallow all of the Basin with the turning of her head. It was something Illynx wanted every new member to see, the pure and untainted splendor that was the valley of unicorns, its serene lake with it's unbroken blue surface, the cave lingering along it's spine that housed the herds connection with the God of Time. Even the hot springs were beautiful, the noise of the rumbling water a distant laughter interspersed with the sounds of the several dozen unicorns who called the mountain clearing their home.

She surely hoped Flordeperia was clever enough to notice what each member had in common with the other; even her unusual charge, Destry, had a horn to place her here, despite the wings tainting what would have otherwise been a fine specimen. A short cry escaped her lips to inform others that there was a new face among them, and also that she was welcome; she may even be fortunate enough to have some investigate her arrival, giving Illynx all the more opportunities to polish her ego on the ears of others.

The golden marked mistress gave the sea-foam dipped unicorn a good pause in between their arrival into the clear view of all the beauty the mountain could offer in this endless, moonlit night, her voice breaking the silence only after she felt that Flordeperia had been given appropriate time to appreciate the splendor of all that lay before her. "This is home, if you chose to call it such," she stated, her eyes taking one last long look at the landscape spread out in front of her before turning her gaze to the deeply crimson mare, "and all the opportunities that such a word entails." Illynx paused to allow for the other mare to say something if she wished, but continued on after a short hesitation with a friendly smile stitched to her face, "I do not know you, though. Your heart. What does it desire?"

@[Flordeperia]
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Flordeperia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The acrid bitterness of truth, the solvent of acidity burning with tart prevalence on the colluding vestibule of her tongue. The gilded threads of companionship, the wiry webbing of imposing expectations – to what now did she owe, that may be traded for the wide and impressive spectacles of new homage? It was encumbering, the anvil of province, her songbird throat thickening under an anhydrous anxiety, the adiposity of her tongue gagging her with the protuberant densities of her surmounting vexation. The voyaging mistresses of the Basin spent their expedition in silence, or perhaps Flordeperia had simply drowned the notions of common communication with a disturbing nonattendance of cognizance; a transient gloom of unconsciousness, a raincloud deafening her senses with the tempest hellraisers of her own strepitous introspection. The travel had been a blur, the scenery skimming through the close-knit forestry of her lashes, though never arousing enough involvement to stir her from the delving catacombs of her self-destructive musings. She spent her time behind Illynx, her vision fastened onto the revolving, lustrous aureate of her heels.

Disenchantment quickly bereft the sullen glow of her engrossed stare as the termagant corporal paused – the halting of her obstinate step piercing through the tenebrous fogs of her apperception like a whetted javelin – and her duteous pursuit fell silent as she tiptoed beside her, occupying the raven-hued tendrils of her fibrous shoulder. The vapors of her breath danced into the gelid clutches of the atmosphere, her lips departing – chapped skin, cohering – as jaws fell lax in candid awe of the hypnotic environment. Home, it echoed off the feminine curves of a superior tongue, and her eyes clung to Illynx's face, her mouth quavering with uncertainty. Could she truly allow herself the permanency that came with home – the opportunities, the privilages that came with family? The fractals of cerulean that sparkled under converging brows winked with an unperceivable emotion, her hollow sentiments melting under the thundering drumbeats of a pallid, glacial heart, as she allowed herself to momentarily partake in the brilliance that lay in undisturbed repose below them.

All unicorns, she noted, a society unbroken by molecular divergences; a nirvana of unsullied genealogic virginity made just for her. “Home,” she smirked, a wry curl of her lips afforded, as her sarcasm was devoured by the distant whispers of rueful dubiety, “I wonder.” She murmured, lost in the ethereal helices of the Basin. Her attentions were ensnared then by the brindled amazonian beside her, her gaze narrowing as her mouth seemed to sew into impenetrable silence. Her heart – was it desirous? Was that imperfect little muscle which still seemed to thrum with lenient locomotion capable of such conceptions?

Her eyes leapt from Illynx quickly, steadfastly hooked on the luster beneath. “I don't... know.. what my heart desires. I just know I'm afraid. This world scares me,” she speaks lowly, secretively, as her gaze wonders upward, glancing across the stars, “no, my frailty scares me. My weakness, my ineptitudes. I am no warrior. I am not a woman who can use my horn nor teeth.” She paused then, her eyes alight with realization as she looked to her, stone building in the blues that reflected her soul. “I desire power. The power that will make me invincible to all. For now, my value lies in my trickery. Men bow at my feet, and I use their lives to preserve my own – but their usefulness lies only as far as their own mortal coils.” She coos, a darkness pervading her voice, but also dissatisfaction as if her own pompousness was shaming them for their death. To pity the dogs wouldn't make her much of a master.

tablebykite [horse©venomxbaby/bg©starscoldnight]

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A familiar voice sang out over the valley, full of meaning in that single call. Illynx has brought home another erstwhile unicorn, eh? It was a cry that the lanky stallion was becoming accustomed to hearing, but hadn't bothered to answer previously. It had something to do with his lingering discomfort surrounding the implications about his new home, a faint fear of being recognized. But today... he felt like doing something.

Careful deliberation guided his strides, steps only hesitating when the ground proved itself not as he'd expecting. But it was only a second's hesitation then, footing shifting to accomodate the quirks in the landscape that the unnatural darkness had forced the stallion to learn by touch and less by sight. Can't wait for the sun to come back. So weird to not be able to travel quicker, even somewhere I'm supposed to know.

A golden glint caught his gaze then, emerald eyes recognizing the length of Illynx's horn even before he was cognizant of the gilding on her dark frame. Lips quirking in a smile, he shifted to intercept her path while his gaze continued on to study the mare who followed his friend here. Was Illynx really a friend? Yes, she was, at least in the eyes of the ex-soldier who counted her as such. He had no idea if she would agree to such a labeling of their relationship, however much she had taken a shine to him. Enough to drag him here, and keep him.

Ears twitched, listening to the feminine vocals that murmured in the darkness. Nearness allowed him to catch the end clearly, and the newcomer's proclamation desiring power and men's place in her world sparked a low chuckle from the long-legged stallion that joined them shortly after.

Companionably he sidled up alongside Illynx, bumping her shoulder against her own while inclining his head in a respectful fashion. "Greetings, fair Illynx. Time has treated you well since I last saw you." His tenor voice was a cheery hum, and his gaze turned brighter as he glanced over at Flordeperia. "There is nothing wrong in being tricky, miss. I would show you what I mean, but the unusual situation surrounding the Gods here wreak havoc with my magic. Though you may discover that not all stallions are susceptible to a mare's wiles, it is still respectible to seek improvement in yourself." His words held a note of being spoken by rote, phrases used before time and time again. Though neither mare knew it, they were tidbits of old lectures imparted on Vanthran army recruits, those who expected things to go just so and that there was something wrong if it didn't. The memory brought a wry smile, tinged with sadness, to the dark chestnut's face.

((Random Ruka appearance. <3))

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
She still smelled feral, the wilds clinging to her skin as the dark chestnut unicorn slipped alongside Illynx, the corporal filling her nostrils with the delicate and feminine odor of the woman blended with the stench of the wilderness. Soon enough, she would smell like flowers and pine, snow and grass, like all the rest who rested their heavy heads here at night. The slip of her jaw was not unnoticed, nor the hesitation in her features as the word home slid across her ears, tempting her with all of its jewels. The glimpse into the shadows of her soul was brief, however, absorbed by a smile both sly and divine, the golden draped soldier returning the expression in a softer form as her delicately crafted ears lifted to catch the words that slipped from Flordeperia's tongue.

As the stranger's eyes swept across the stars, Illynx heard her words but could not truly understand them; she hadn't truly been afraid since shortly after her heart had steeled itself after the death of her parents, a child without guidance who emerged from her desolation with a heart made of steel knives, and never had she been helpless. Her horn was her lover, her teeth beloved friends, her dark hooves their faithful mount. She would be nothing if not for her weapons, and while she knew that women had other gleaming tools at their disposal than just these three, she had found that none of her other utensils had proved quite so useful as the application of the trio's violence. It was possible the sea-foam adorned mare might still be hardened by training and taught to use her weapons, but Illynx found through her perception of this one's character thus far that was not cut out for a life of war and blood shed quite so well as Psyche and herself.

There were still uses for those talented in other areas, however useless the corporal may find the other ranks of the herd.

The subtle grin that hovered on the chocolate unicorn's features bloomed into one of true understanding at the mention of power, drawing her mind back to the curious flaxen mare alongside her. Her golden eyes swept across the curves of the mynx, finding that perhaps she was just in her self admiration; the mare was well built, supple, a true woman of elegant grace if ever there had been one. Illynx herself understood all too well how men could become so easily pliable under feminine touches, her own frame sculpted properly and providing her with more than just speed and good, strong muscles.

Her gaze rose with her crown as the sudden chuckle of another roused her memory, brought to mind the face of a stallion she had not been fortunate enough to catch up with in some time. The smile that rose to her face with the image was revealing as to her true feelings for the barbed horned stallion; friendly and kind, her eyes glimmered pleasantly as they found his silhouette in the darkness, his lanky and girlish build only part of the intrigue of the man with the braided lock. His cheerful nudge upon her shoulder drew her smile into more of a line than it had been before, but she let what she considered to be disrespect be over ridden by her subconscious desire to make a connection with the rather strange male and how friendly he seemed on this occasion than last she had shared words with him. For whatever reason, Ruka seemed the most enthralling of toys, though she could not quite place her hoof upon why aside from his casual talent at fanning the flames of her burning ego; it wasn't that he had killed the lightning dragon that had tried to claim the Steppe, as she had already been keen upon his person before then, nor was it the allure that hovered about the brilliance of Deodat, rather something so unusual that try as she might there was no solution she could arrive on other than to play the desperately fun game laid out before her.

"As do you, Ruka," she genuinely stated, as he did; he was charming with his petite frame and pristine appearance, and she let him override the conversation as her words trailed into silence as she was apt to do, listening with a soft expression knit across her face. An eyebrow arched at his mention of magic, however, her face tilting slightly nearer the slender stallion in interest. She had not known that he had been blessed by the Gods in such ways, honing her curiosity all the more. Curious, also, was the predicament of Flordeperia, as Ruka was correct; the tricky had their place, indeed, and there was plenty of room for growth of oneself upon the mountain. It was all a matter of deciding what you wanted to become. "He speaks true, on most ends," she mirrored from her thoughts, a giggle trailing from her lips as she thought of his gesture to some men being beyond the allure of women (but oh, how very few, sir Ruka,) "deception is a useful skill, beauty another. If you fear death than you may ward it away with herbs and magic, or slip by it unseen in the shadow." Her smile became ruthless and sharp as her face turned about to look at Flordeperia, her eyes glowing and vibrant and her words followed by a subtle peal of chiming giggles, "I prefer the direct path of violence. It would seem you and Ruka have more in common than you and I."
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.