the Rift

[OPEN] flowers bloom beneath the moon; [ Welcoming ]

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A familiar voice sang out over the valley, full of meaning in that single call. Illynx has brought home another erstwhile unicorn, eh? It was a cry that the lanky stallion was becoming accustomed to hearing, but hadn't bothered to answer previously. It had something to do with his lingering discomfort surrounding the implications about his new home, a faint fear of being recognized. But today... he felt like doing something.

Careful deliberation guided his strides, steps only hesitating when the ground proved itself not as he'd expecting. But it was only a second's hesitation then, footing shifting to accomodate the quirks in the landscape that the unnatural darkness had forced the stallion to learn by touch and less by sight. Can't wait for the sun to come back. So weird to not be able to travel quicker, even somewhere I'm supposed to know.

A golden glint caught his gaze then, emerald eyes recognizing the length of Illynx's horn even before he was cognizant of the gilding on her dark frame. Lips quirking in a smile, he shifted to intercept her path while his gaze continued on to study the mare who followed his friend here. Was Illynx really a friend? Yes, she was, at least in the eyes of the ex-soldier who counted her as such. He had no idea if she would agree to such a labeling of their relationship, however much she had taken a shine to him. Enough to drag him here, and keep him.

Ears twitched, listening to the feminine vocals that murmured in the darkness. Nearness allowed him to catch the end clearly, and the newcomer's proclamation desiring power and men's place in her world sparked a low chuckle from the long-legged stallion that joined them shortly after.

Companionably he sidled up alongside Illynx, bumping her shoulder against her own while inclining his head in a respectful fashion. "Greetings, fair Illynx. Time has treated you well since I last saw you." His tenor voice was a cheery hum, and his gaze turned brighter as he glanced over at Flordeperia. "There is nothing wrong in being tricky, miss. I would show you what I mean, but the unusual situation surrounding the Gods here wreak havoc with my magic. Though you may discover that not all stallions are susceptible to a mare's wiles, it is still respectible to seek improvement in yourself." His words held a note of being spoken by rote, phrases used before time and time again. Though neither mare knew it, they were tidbits of old lectures imparted on Vanthran army recruits, those who expected things to go just so and that there was something wrong if it didn't. The memory brought a wry smile, tinged with sadness, to the dark chestnut's face.

((Random Ruka appearance. <3))

Messages In This Thread
RE: flowers bloom beneath the moon; [ Welcoming ] - by Flordeperia - 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: flowers bloom beneath the moon; [ Welcoming ] - by Ruka - 08-20-2013, 10:49 PM