the Rift

[OPEN] !! Guided by a Beating Heart [Invasion Defense]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Oh. Let's run! Endurance was easy, and I could hear the hoofsteps of some trusted of the Asylum behind me. A cry for battle earlier had brought at least one of my warriors along beside me. Confidence oozed from his stride while I continued to stay in contemplative thought. I followed the sparkling winged creature toward the Throat, careful not to use up too much of my energy. And, as we pulled in closer and closer to the Throat I allowed my steps to slow. An easy jog taking it's place as I tried hard to keep my balance. My head wasn't straight. A sickness hovered in my eyes. But my mind wasn't hindered. I could still easily think straight.

I was feeling something stranger, though. Because I used to only be able to feel the souls pull on me - to beg me for their attention and to listen to their cries. But, now I could feel myself pulling on the souls of the creatures beside me - the souls that were already locked in a cage, only allowed to be released upon death. Someone should free them... Liebling purred, her words slurred and her tone half there. It was as if her spirit had been drugged, something which I didn't quite doubt. All the voices in my head had been acting strange as of late. And, honestly, I hoped that a little smack around might change that.

Arlo pulled into battle before me. I only gave a slight nod in his direction, not daring to distract him from his job - to protect the Throat. We may not be members of this herd, but it was time to prove that we were willing to fight for them. And, if we were willing to fight for them, maybe we'd be able to get a home as well. Now was the perfect opportunity, I hoped that I could still fight as I had before - that I could still not lose.

Carefully, I placed myself about fifty feet inside the boundaries of the border. The golden feather was entwined in my tail, as a symbol to the Throat that I was on their side. If it was the Basin - as it seemed to be from the multitude of Unicorns in the fray - then they might attack me for no reason. But it would be funnnn Schwere laughed and I merely rolled my eyes. Fun, but not productive at all. Nothing was blocking my way, simply a bunch of slicker sand at my feet. Souls pulling on me as I pulled on them. Darkness across the land with the tiny flickers of moonlight and stars.

Something sinister was in the air - I could feel it. But, would anyone dare to fight the Necromancer as she stood? After all, it seemed that the souls were on my side...

483 words
Invasion Defense post
[0/4] + defense responses
[0/2] magic uses
Seele is about 50 feet inside the border of the Throat awaiting a challenger
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
72 hours have passed. Seele wins by default.
Seele earns one point for the Throat Defenders.