the Rift

[OPEN] Just call out my name[first captive thread]

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

[CAPTURE: Roux was frolicking laddy dadi da and cut his front left ergot and got a cut along his cannon. Smoke found him, and because they had already met, Roux trusted her. She brought him back for healing, but he is now prisoner of the Edge. This plan was talked about with Kachie, but because of lack of muse and time, I skipped it and made this thread x.x]

Slowly, the child awoke. Alone, laying near a cluster of brambles. Standing, shakily, the boy made moved.

Roux limped, slowly and carefully, around where lady Smoke had left him. This land, this world, the "World's Edge", as she had called it, caught Roux in a flurry of wonder. He was awed at the trees, the mist, the forest--everything! This was the most beautiful place he had ever seen! However, as he stood alone, with the darkness and mist creeping over him, the colt started to feel uneasy. His reddened ears fell back against his poll, tail tucking tight in behind him. Each noise in the eerie forest made him jump and pain shot through his limb. Where'd Smoke go? Roux thought, taking timid, limping steps towards where he had last seen her. Pain erupted up his leg with each step. Whines of pain left his muzzle, and finally, he had to stop. He could not take this pain any more right now. Smoke had said she was going to help him, but her magic did not work outside of her home, and Roux needed her to help him now. It hurt.

Whimpering, again, Roux bent his knees and folded his legs underneath him. The relief was sudden, his weight off his injured leg. With his ears still pinned down, Roux lay his head in the dewy grass. "Sacre, Mother, Father...someone." The young colt wished for someone to sweep in and save him, to take him back to his familiar home and his father's cave. Surely, d'Artagnan, the mighty doctor, could heal his leg. "Smoke! I want to go home now!" Roux lifted his head and bellowed into the darkness, his silver eyes flashing with worry. Please don't let the sun come back now. The child thought suddenly, knowing he needed to cling to his sight now more than ever.

image credits

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
There's nothing quite like having a guilty conscious. It was with this in mind that the Wild Rose heeded the calling of her name by her tiny captive, though he didn't know it. Zaffre flew before her, settling on the ground before the bay colt with a reassuring warble, curving his tail around himself and sitting much as a cat would, his wings tilted to trail against the ground.

"I hear you, Roux." Stepping from the underbrush, the grulla bent her head down to brush her muzzle against his short mane. "Its alright. Did you rest well?" She reached over him to gentle nose his wounded hoof. "I didn't mean for you to get frightened, child. There's nothing to be scared of here. My herdmates and I may be different than what you're used to, but we would do nothing to harm you, or even let anything else harm you." Her voice was a gentle singsong, attempting to calm his fears.

Deliberately she wove the Moon's healing magic, a winding strand of inky wind that curved around the colt's hoof. "You'll feel better in a moment." Absently she contemplated the thought that another might have delayed the healing further, but she already felt bad enough having to deceive this tentatively trusting soul when any other day she would have mended his hurts and given him a gentle reprimand about being incautious before sending him on his way. Oh, why must war cause us to do these things? Why can't the Basin be content with a home that no one else wants to take from them, and not poke at us at every opportunity?

Rosario Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The edge was an odd place, mist seeping from every nearby plant. The ground seemed to be drenched in water, ans it engulfed my innocent hooves, attempting to walk the sticky terrain. I struggled to go somewhere instead of the direction I wanted to go in. I tried to make my way through the thicket, pushing the undergrowth out of the way with my little wings. My owl hat flopped around on my head, the only thing holding it on was the small ear holes poked in the top, that allowed my tiny cinnamon ears to peek through. I was a small child, the younger of twins, twins that are no longer. Only one is left.

After all of my rustling in the woods, I stopped. Hearing the distant cries of another colt. Another colt? I grinned at the thought, finally I could see another colt! The loneliness inside was eating me, the search for my father, which seemed endless. The helpless cry of another being was a spark of hope for my tired and weary soul. A shame for such young Pegasus to be put in the situation. But my entire focus at the moment was centered on the crying colt, as I begun to walk forward. "Sacre, Mother, Father... someone?" He bellowed into the eternal darkness. The noise growing louder with each step I took. the brush reached out to grab me from every direction. I squinted my cloudy blue eyes, attempting to see through the dark and fog.

"Smoke! I want to go home now!" He begged.

I could see the colt through the bushes. His bloody colour seemed to gleam in the moonlight. his eyes were a whitish grey colour. his Dark black mane jutted off his neck, as mine did, he seemed to be about my age, although a lot taller than myself. He hobbled about, Searching for his comforting Smoke.

That is when the mare appeared, coming out of the darkness. her grulla coat blended with the grey world. She comforted the colt with her words. "I hear you, Roux. Its alright. Did you rest well?" her blue dragon curled up next to the colt. his colour was just darker than my eyes, It seemed to contrast the endless night. The mare nuzzled this colt, with her gentle nose, resting it in his black mane. she assured him how her herd-mates would not hurt him. She used her magic to heal his foot. INCREDIBLE!! I had never seen magic before. It seemed to engulf his foot. and spit it back out, healed. My eyes watched in awe as I stuck my head out of the bushes, so that they could see. My ears were perked as I let out an interested "huuuh? How did you do that Miss?" My mouth hung open in amazement.

485 Words

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind

They had taken her children. Her children. It took a lot to make the nurse angry, but the knowledge that anyone in the Edge would have the audacity to touch her children made her blood boil. They had taken advantage of Roux, she knew in her heart that they had. Her poor baby that couldn't see had been led astray by one of them. And what's more, they had the nerve to target her?! Pah! She had allowed herself to be whisked away by the featherbrain who thought she had been none the wiser. What better way was there to get close to her children to make sure that they had been treated right? Heads would roll if they had not. Hell, heads would probably roll regardless.

The pale mare stalked through the forest that she had called home until the fickle Moon Goddess had betrayed them. Her long silken tail lashed at her sides as she walked, pale blue eyes holding a look of angry determination. She would find Roux and Sacre and she'd be damned if she did not get an explanation for why they had been taken. No good, filthy, bastards.

She heard his voice. "Roux!" she called to her young son, her pace increasing as she continued to search. The scene she happened upon only served to anger the pale mare further. "Come to Mama, Roux." She said as she came to a sudden stop, her gaze locked on the grulla that was using Moon magic that had once been d'Artagnan's. "Quickly now, honey." Kou said as she glared daggers at Smoke. "Where is Sacre?"

ooc:// -time warps-

image by imi