[OPEN] !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

"Cool your head, Aaron." The deep voice rumbles out, and Kaj shoulders past a branch in his way to cast his sharp azure gaze upon Aaron in hardened disapproval. Gone is the kindly WingLeader they know. They are at war, and though he was never met by the cowardly invaders, he is tense and caught in the spirit of battle regardless. The harsh mannerisms of the Glazier, however, is not something he approves of at all. "That is your herd sister you speak to. Mind your tone. She is not our enemy, nor yours." His voice is steel, commanding. He has the rank, the scars to prove he has earned it, and he will not let Aaron speak so harshly to one so innocent. Same level they may be, but Kaj was born in a militaristic world, and Aaron is a child in comparison to his age. With his constant desertion and re-joining between the Edge and Foothills, the simple-minded warrior did not approve of his actions very often. True Kahlua may be wrong and misinformed, but she is young, and clearly meant no harm by her comment. Resplendence cowering in their midst was also a factor, and considering he did not approve of harsh words in the presence of anybody undeserving, least of all a lady, he was far from amused. He was far larger than Aaron, but he towered naturally, and did not do so on purpose. Had he wanted to, he could have, but his words alone would have to do. No Glazier on his tier would behave in such a way.

Without removing his eyes from Aaron's, his lips parted and his chest rumbled with his thunderously deep voice. "Speak to them you will not. Do not act foolishly, youngling, do you wish to compromise the safety of your herd, your family, your sisters? All for pride? I did not fight for your sister's honor so that you could sweep her home from beneath her." Voice rose only slightly, though it had been cool and low the entire time previously. Snorting and shaking his head in disappointment and frustration towards his herd brother, he gave a small smile to Kahlua, Resplendence, and Quilyan. Moving away from Aaron and his companion, he swung his wing slowly in front of his chest, bowing slightly to Kahlua and Quilyan. "My name is Kaj, I am one of the WingLeaders of the World's Edge. Zusje, I do not believe I am aware of the titles of your friends. Is this your beloved, the one you spoke of when we first met?" His head tilted curiously, pale wheat and snowy locks fell handsomely over his blues, eyes moving naturally from Resplendence to Quilyan and back.

"Kahlua, I believe I heard your name was? Yes, Resplendence speaks true. The Aurora Basin and the Windtossed Foothills joined in alliance against us and invaded. Many of our brethren still fight. You are not at fault for being unaware, the Edge is large, and many of our soldiers were out on patrol or acting on orders outside of our borders, and may not even know at this very hour." He gave her a gentle smile, expression betraying his solid nature and easy spirit, but the way he held himself as a soldier, braced and prepared for anything, gave away his experience and solidarity. Though, he supposed it also could have been obvious with how he had scolded Aaron.

Messages In This Thread
!! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Resplendence - 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Quilyan - 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Aaron - 08-26-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kaj - 08-26-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Quilyan - 08-31-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Phaedra - 08-31-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-01-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Aaron - 09-01-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Kaj - 09-07-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: !! Safe and Sound [Quil/Kahlua] - by Quilyan - 09-27-2013, 05:08 PM