the Rift

Where have you been all my life?

Titanium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The woods were tingling with life, annoying chirping birds darting around, ringing my ears with their high pitched nonsense. leaves emerging from the trees delicate fingers, shading the area in a deep rich green. I pranced energetically, as if competing with nature for the attention of no one. My tail pointed high towards the grey sky, head tossing in every which direction, ears flickering about in the thick, waterlogged air. Toes lifted high with every step, my neck was arched and proud, as if impressing a mare. My feet sunk into the damp, spongy earth with each step.

I drifted through the forest like fire, blazing between the tree trunks, and large out-jutting roots. My prance quickened into a fast gallop, covering a lot of ground. I leaped over the fallen logs with great power, clearing them by about a meter on each side. I bucked and leaped for joy in this newly beautiful land, dark, yet beautiful. Where the hell are all the lights? I thought to myself, But there was obviously no reason to say it out loud since no-one was there. this place seemed empty, besides the small woodland creatures scampering about.

My deep thought was interrupted in mid gallop as I veered away from a looming tree that was in my way, my side just skimming its rough bark. I grinded my fast pace to a screeching halt, sniffing th air and letting out a confused question between my puffs of air. "Hello? is anyone home?"

"Speak."

Credits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

It was not a rare occurrence for the mares mind to wander, nor for her legs to take her places whilst her head was in the clouds. Today was such a day, and as the mare contemplated her new existence in this land she found that her legs had drawn her deeper and deeper into the forest known as the threshold. Was it a sign that her choice had somehow been wrong? Eyes half closed, she gazed through the darkness with a sigh. No, her choice was either right nor wrong. Wherever she had chosen, her path would likely be the same; fight and die, eventually. She had no other plans, but the linear path that presented itself to her. She wished for no children, no lovers, nothing more than a mundane existence followed by nothingness. Maybe that was fear of her mothers life; taken by a cruel stallion and forced to bear Artemis; her only child, before dying young. That was not the life the silver mare wanted for herself. Maybe it was nothing to do with that; maybe it was simply guilt that she lived, whilst her mother drowned?

It hardly mattered. The thumping of hoof beats quickly arrived and the mare pricked up her audits, raising her head and widening the dark teal eyes that interrupted the crimson V that stained her otherwise pristine pelt. Someone was galloping, she knew, and they were getting closer. Raising her head and standing tall, she waited for the equine to slowly come to a halt. He seemed uncertain, or simply confused - lost, maybe? Perhaps he waw new, as she had been when entering this forest for the first time? She smiled quietly. So this was why she wandered here; to guide a lonesome soul, not to condemn her own.

"Aye." She murmured as she stepped from the shadows and into his vision. She managed q small smile, arching her thick neck. "My name is Artemis, of the Windtossed Foothills. And you, sir?" She requested, polite as ever.

Unregistered
I stood parallel to the mare, her long, pure white mane locked ino its crimson red band. Her green eyes seemed to glow in the faint moonlight. The "V" on her face stood out against her ghostly body, the feathers on her feet anchored her sturdy draft body to the damp dround. I stopped, looking up at the mare, she was only a little bit taller than me. I leaned against a nearby tree, casually kicking my legs out to the side of my fiery red body. I let out a small yawn, as the mare was talking.

"Aye. My name is Artemis, of the Windtossed Foothills. And you, sir?"

"Artemis, eh?" I said in my deeper, english voice. "The name of a godess. Well, the name's Titanium, or Titan, whichever strikes your fancy." I stood from tall pine tree, where I settled my right shoulder into. I cocked my head, and perked my ears, as I asked the question. "The Windtossed Foothills you say? Why where would that be, is that your herd?" I said, shifting my feet around in the spongy earth. And resting my back leg, causing my body to tip to the right. I raised an eyebrow in await for the mares response to my quesionin of her home. But I just couldn't hold my loud-mouth back from throwing another question at the poor mare. "Where am I to be exact..." My nostrils puffed, as I heaved out the questions that seemed o be eating at my brain. "...and why is this place so dark?"

"Speak."

Credits

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

As she spoke, the stallion shifted his much more lithe body against that of a nearby tree, legs relaxed and side swept as the great oak supported his weight. Through the dim light of the moon that barely penetrated the foliage above, Artemis could make out a chestnut hue, spotted and patterned with white. It reminded the mare much of snow gently beginning to cover the brown mountain cliffs of her homeland. She missed it greatly and sighed, turning up from his pelt and toward his face. His eyes were like deep amber and seemed to have a mischievous glimmer about them. His mane stuck up at odd angles, with the forelock casting a long shadow over his face. As she introduced herself, he yawned. How bloody rude, thought she.

He introduced himself and she felt s smirk tickle her kissers, Titan, eh? She had been named Titan before, for her size and strength. This stallion stood nearly a hand shorter. He was by no means tiny, but 'Tiny' was the name she now gave him in her mind. Served him right for yawing during her introduction. Artemis was not one for talking, and to muster the courage and the energy to both was a big deal; he best appreciate it. Still, there was no need to be rude back to him, so she stood awkwardly, stiff and steady in a sharp contrast to his relaxed demeanor.

He asked her of the windtossed foothills and she opened her mouth to respond, yet the loudmouthed stallion interrupted with a further two questions. Her brow twitching, but sighing to herself, she forced an uncertain calm to wash over her usually irritable self. Calm yourself, Artemis. He i new, as you were. Her tail flicked, striking the backs of her ankles. "The foothills is home to my herd, known as the Grey." She explained, voice calm and oddly feminine compared to her masculine exterior. "And we are currently in a forest known as the Threshold." He asked why it was so dark and the mare glanced upward toward the stars. She sighed; she herself did not fully understand, but what she gathered from what her herd mates said, it was something to do with the Helovian Gods. "The sun cannot rise. The Gods have abandoned these lands. I do not know why, I am just as new here as you. I do hope they return soon, however. i am not fond of the shadows." She shuddered slightly as a chilly wind brushed over her bodice like ethereal claws reaching out to her. She turned back to the stallion. "You are welcome to join the grey, Tin-Titanium. If it please you." Oops, almost called him Tiny out loud.

@[Titanium]

Unregistered
The mare seemed to be annoyed by my laid back posture, and yawning. So I figured I wouldn't be my usually rude, and careless self, and be somewhat polite to the outreaching mare. With that thought, I whipped myself into good posture. I lifted my head higher, and balanced my weight on all four hooves, and unusual occurrence for me. The mare continued her answers to my ongoing questions as I did so.

"The foothills is home to my herd, known as the Grey." The mare said in her very feminine voice, which was very unexpected, based on her stature. "And we are currently in a forest known as the Threshold. The sun cannot rise. The Gods have abandoned these lands. I do not know why, I am just as new here as you. I do hope they return soon, however. I am not fond of the shadows."

That was relieving to hear, I wasn't the only newbie to this dark, and eerie world. This "Grey" seemed to be a nice place, although all I had pretty much heard about it is that it is in the foothills, and that it is called The Grey. That is when the mare threw out an offer I thought would never come. "You are welcome to join the grey, Tin-Titanium. If it please you." Gosh, for how rude I have been to this mare, you'd think that she wouldn't want any part of me in her herd.

"Yes please miss Art-Artemis." I said, mimicking her stutter. " Now what are we waiting for, dear?" I said. "Lets get a move on, before this place gets any darker!"

OCC:: Should we just end this here and go to an acceptance thread? or something...

"Speak."

Credits