the Rift

[OPEN] Mistress Moon [acceptance thread]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

The mare had not, thankfully, got them too lost. She had passed the same mossy rock twice, but she hoped he hadn't noticed in the dim lights. Beside, he was new. He probably didn't suspect a thing. As she found the trail of lanterns that marked the herd lands, Artemis sped her steps. Her confidence grew, recognizing the way quickly once she came to the edge of the Windtossed Foothills. How she had ended up back at the Threshold, she had no idea, but it had been a trip well worth it. She glanced to the stallion who hopefully walked close by. She didn't need him getting lost or something. "Nearly home." She muttered through the relative silence. She missed the sound of birdsong. Without the sun, birds no longer felt the need to sing. The silence disturbed and bothered her deeply. It felt odd, also, to talk of this place as her home. For so longer, she had wandered alone, ever moving, never stopping. Her nomadic lifestyle was probably what caused her to trudge through the lands mindlessly. Her legs were not used to standing idle.

As they walked deeper into the hills, Artemis slowed. Her tail slapped her ankles as her audits pricked forward. She knew little of her herd mates, yet, which bothered her, though she did know the name of the mare in charge. The ebony and white mare was a powerful presence who commanded respect, even from the towering titan, Artemis. Arching her neck proudly, though uncertain of whether the 'gift' of new blood would sate her mistress, she let out a call. The wind tossed back her long plait, slapping her shoulders and causing her tail to billow outwards, away from her bodice. Long, trailing feathers caressed the earth and dirt in choppy, grasping movements. As she lowered her head, she listened to the cry echo out into the gloom, waiting for the silence to once again settle over her.

"Speech."

@[Titanium]
@[Ktulu]
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Titanium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

We wandered aimlessly in the wilderness, the darkness sure didn't seem like it was helping the mare. However I still followed her intently, stepping in her large footprints. We had made quite a few circles, although I didn't want to mention it. I occasionally tossed my regal, flat crested face into the air. causing my swished upward hair to fly around, and settle back into its wavy, upward position. my feet skipped, and bounced in the mud, splashing, and throwing mud in all directions, my inner child felt like it was about to explode. My body burst with a fiery colour against the dark night, red as if a burning flame, consuming its white base. My caramel eyes dated around trying to adjust to the darkening world, that my coat failed to provide light for.

The mare started to walk up to these amazing trees, they seemed to be lit by hundreds of candles, providing great light, which cut into the endless dark. This must be the foothills. I thought to myself. "I could get used to this." the words spilled out of my red lips, as I blew past the mare, in a fast gallop, to see these new plants. I felt like a colt in a new world, which I was, a very old colt. my hooves clicked against the outreaching roots. as the mare kept her steady pace strait ahead. I veered back to her, discontinuing my ADD moment, and halting next to Artemis, my feet halt square, and perfect, neck arched as her own, and looking straight ahead.

"Speak."

Credits

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Hooves beat like a staccato against the ground, kicking up mud and grime as the stallion moved through the confines of his home at a gallop. His mind moved just as quick as his body, if not more so. Things needed to be done; the Threshold needed to be stalked for new members, patrols needed to be done, sparrings needed to be taken place, spies needed to be sent out to get a feel for their potential enemies... All in all, Apollo was terribly frustrated. It was an emotion that he didn't feel very often.

The Foothills was slacking. The Grey was slacking, and the recently appointed Chief was uncertain how to pick up their moral. It was almost as if members readily joined their herd, and then simply floated away. Apollo gave a snort of indignation, hooves slipping slightly on the damp ground, and it was with that warning that he slowed his pace. Tail snapped left, then right, honey-brown eyes hard as he surveyed the surroundings of his home. This land was vulnerable... Didn't the rest of the Foothills see that? It could be taken from them in a blink of an eye, would if nothing was done about it. The thought caused Apollo's teeth to grind in uncertainty.

Slowing his pace from his mad-dash down to a leisurely trot, the overo's head lowered, horn pointed slightly askew. His eyes continued to search and survey the land, making sure that no tresspassors had wandered past the herd borders... And it was then, as his head scanned to the right, that he spotted a familiar pelt of white and crimson. It was Artemis, the mare he had brought home from the Threshold not so long ago. What was most shocking, however, was that she was not alone. A red stallion had accompanied her, and Apollo's head tilted slightly as he eyed the male.

A weary sigh escaped his lips and the Merciful moved forward, slowing from his lazy trot to that of a calm walk. Lifting his head, a nicker left his lips, ears turning forward.

"Artemis," he called, dipping his head to her when he was a few paces away, "Good to see you well. Who is this?" Turning his head from the pale warrior, Apollo's eyes lingered on the roan. A new member, it looked like, and Apollo was relieved that at least someone other than himself was frequenting the Threshold.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

The stallion acted like a colt, and Artemis was his weary mother. Walking at a steady pace, she watched as the apparently hyperactive stag flew into a gallop, racing by the bright lights of the lamps, the colour of his pelt shifting rapidly from illuminated red to deep, dark crimson. Her eyes rolled. What ever would the herd think of her for bringing this stallion? But by the looks of things, they needed members, and she herself was not exactly the best person to have around. She was a misfit, as he was, so surely she couldn't turn him away. Just as she had done, he needed a place to call home. He was apparently adjusting much better than she had, at least.

He made a U-turn and and swiftly brought himself back before her, settling in to her pace. She managed a small smile. "It is a good place to call home," Se responded simply. She hoped he did not take her quiet demeanor to heart. Although she was not fond of his erratic behavior, it was not unkindness that prevented her from speaking with him. Her ears pricked forwards, glancing around the illuminated area for any signs or Ktulu. Artemis was hesitant; she had not spoke to the mare face to face, so she was unsure about the whole situation at hand (what social circumstances didn't make her nervous, you might ask) but luckily for both of the fairly new arrivals, it was not Ktulu that met them.

Her head raised, giving a quick nod toward Apollo as he approached. His face was familiar, and one of thew few she had really spoken to, so she felt a flood of relief wash over her. She even managed a more genuine smile. Good to see you well, he spoke and she glanced toward her scabbed over knees, which still ached and made any pace faster than walking slightly painful. They were badly bruised, but nothing she couldn't cope with. "And you, Apollo. This is Titanium. He wishes to join the Grey." She spoke softly, eyes focused on Apollo's nose and mouth. Eyes were something she seldom met. "I hope this is okay, lord? He needed a home, and as you were kind enough to accept me, I thought...." He voice drifted off. Despite her stoic and neutral tones, she was nervous. Her tail twitched anxiously.

"Speech."

[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]